BOX Office Bombs... that you actually enjoyed.....

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
The Chronicles of Riddick
Big Trouble in Little China
Brazil
Event Horizon

Event Horizon was considered a bomb?... That's one of my fav movies of all time. I remember when I saw it in the theatre, it was packed(had to sit in the front)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It boggles my mind that it wasn't successful with how incredible it is.

With the general public - which means people who don't go online forums - none of them cared, or the taint of the Stallone flick was in everyone's mouths. Maybe both. Advertising was practically non-existant as well.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Silent Hill

Dredd is an obvious choice too.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
The Fog
The Black Hole
Tron

Id say dredd is a given as well.I didn't see the movie either,until it showed up on netflik.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Flash Gordon
John Carpenter's The Thing
BLADE RUNNER

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am now dedicated to read the Box office bomb list... and "Watch" These movies... EXCEPT Cuttroat Island... because well...

Even I have standards... They're low... but not THAT low:p

xROTx

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (at the movies only 2 weeks where I was) made 5 mil budget 6 mil
Little Big League (actually my favorite Baseball Movie) made 12 mil didn't see the budget but betting it didn't make it

On that list of worst

Green Lantern
Conan the Barbarian

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Event Horizon was considered a bomb?... That's one of my fav movies of all time. I remember when I saw it in the theatre, it was packed(had to sit in the front)

Yea it's domestic box office pull was pretty sad, around 20 million compared to the 60 million to produce it. Even with global ticket sales factored in the film still lost 13 million.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Some of these movies are my favorites like any Lynch movies, Kevin Smith, etc. lol. I've never thought of them as bombs.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
From the wiki list, I absolutely love Speed Racer and Hugo and like Cutthroat Island, Windtalkers, and The Postman.

With this list, I would add Hard Rain, Last Action Hero, Judge Dredd, Waterworld, Meet Joe Black, and The Majestic.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I like Speed Racer.

i remember picking up speed racer blindly as it was supposed to be one of the best looking blu rays you could buy at the time. And it was a hell of a tech demo when it came out. I popped it in randomly a couple months back and all i could think was "well it's still colorful, but all this cgi has not aged well". its interesting looking at older cgi based movies- you can see old tech in action and see how far it has come.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.
Pretty much any Gilliam film.

Fuck yeah man, fuck yeah. Baron Munchausen was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I need to see it again.

+1 for Waterowrld and Dredd too.

For my contribution to the list, I add Dune.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
i remember picking up speed racer blindly as it was supposed to be one of the best looking blu rays you could buy at the time. And it was a hell of a tech demo when it came out. I popped it in randomly a couple months back and all i could think was "well it's still colorful, but all this cgi has not aged well". its interesting looking at older cgi based movies- you can see old tech in action and see how far it has come.

It's still a great popcorn movie, look at the source material it had to work with. I think they did rather well considering.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Was about to say Johnny Mnemonic but that actually made money.
Dredd was alright though.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Starship Troopers
13th Warrior
Falling Down
Edge of Tomorrow

A lot of the cult films I love came out when I was young, hence I didn't get to see them when they were released.

People should only be listing shit they actually saw during it's theatrical release.

Last edited:

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Day After Tomorrow? Isn't that the retarded movie where global warming causes an ice age that chases the character down a fucking hallway?

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
The Day After Tomorrow? Isn't that the retarded movie where global warming causes an ice age that chases the character down a fucking hallway?

Yeah, I meant "Edge of Tomorrow". Been drinking a little too much.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Two I can think of off the top of my head:

Neverending Story
Enemy Mine

Jon

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
It's still a great popcorn movie, look at the source material it had to work with. I think they did rather well considering.

im not denying. but its like trying to watch an n64 game age gracefully.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
im not denying. but its like trying to watch an n64 game age gracefully.

It's not that bad. Try watching Mortal Kombat