Big Tymers unwittingly laundering fake carts

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I know it may sound crazy but if it's possible to ask SNK Playmore to rerelease AES/MVS games? Boot/counterfeit will be gone and SNK Playmore can also generate profits???
Just wonder if it's a possible solution................

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I know it may sound crazy but if it's possible to ask SNK Playmore to rerelease AES/MVS games? Boot/counterfeit will be gone and SNK Playmore can also generate profits???
Just wonder if it's a possible solution................

Would love it to happen but Market is to small to do a factory run. Plus then they would also need to make systems too.

I would imagine the overhead would just be too great.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Would love it to happen but Market is to small to do a factory run. Plus then they would also need to make systems too.

I would imagine the overhead would just be too great.

SNK should have those original artworks, mold for shell & case in hand.
If they can rerelease those games, even at $300 per cart, people will buy it regardless because it's authentic cart from SNK and we know they're all legit.
If SNK needs $$$, it's a great source of income............

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
SNK should have those original artworks, mold for shell & case in hand.
If they can rerelease those games, even at $300 per cart, people will buy it regardless because it's authentic cart from SNK and we know they're all legit.
If SNK needs $$$, it's a great source of income............

There really is no market, though. Remember how long it took Shawn to move the newer AES carts? He sat on Rage of the Dragons forever. SNK could look into something like a print on demand system, but the price would probably rival the current second-hand-market for a lot of titles, so it simply wouldn't be worth it.

Only chance would be if they found a cache of NOS carts someplace. It's happened before, but seems less and less likely these days.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It wouldn't surprise me at all. We as a community really haven't started paying close scrutiny to nearly perfect fakes until relatively recently, as any known fakes before the AF3 fiasco was pretty easy to spot when you got it in your hands. However, it wouldn't surprise me if there were already lots of carts in circulation at that point that nobody knew about. It probably took years of practice to get our now perfect fakes you know.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Big tymers bought high price fake carts
They later know carts are fake but since they pay so much then decide not to say anything
That way ppl with money without any clue or knowledge will try to find those games.....and pay higher price
My assumption.......

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Big tymers bought high price fake carts
They later know carts are fake but since they pay so much then decide not to say anything
That way ppl with money without any clue or knowledge will try to find those games.....and pay higher price
My assumption.......

A pretty safe assumption imho.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I can guarantee lots of Blazing Stars are fake...the game had a very limited run and somewhere in the early part of 2001 a bunch of boots showed up, they looked and played the part, you'd have to have both and use a magnifying glass to see the dot pattern printing differences in the insert, if you don't wanna open the cart. I don't remember much people talking about it, time went by and people forgot all about that batch of boots, I'm willing to bet they have been circulating still as legit carts, lots of people who own the home carts have never opened them...good times.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I wouldn't pay 7k at less I was completely 100% sure but that's just me. Let me rephrase that, I wouldn't pay 7K period, lol.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You don't open home carts with a screwdriver...

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I will ALWAYS read the title as "Big Tymers unwittingly laundering cake farts".

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I agree that it would be difficult to convince SNK that producing more cartridges could be profitable; primarily because we ourselves don't even believe it. However, rebranding cartridges could probably be arranged. It would have to be through a central source, like say Shawn at the neo store, but surely SNK could make productions of "English art kits" for games like the Real Bout Fatal Furies, the Last Blades, Voltage Fighter, Ninja Masters, Big Tournament Golf, etc. (games that are rare & expensive in USA format, but more common & affordable in Japan format.) Shawn takes "pre-orders" of say a minimum of 100 each of these art packs from us, then orders them from SNK.

It's not like SNK didn't already do this with him once before. And heck, do the same with MVS carts too. Imagine being able to pay $10 or even $20 (who cares right?) for an absolutely mint condition bran new peel away SNK authentic MVS cart sticker of USA Pulstar or Last Blade 2 to replace over your worn out crappy condition Japanese ripped and torn label.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Okay. Just want to let you know the blazing star aes i have is a boot.
It still looks pretty right?

(Do you think i will place legit blazing star aes on the floor? No way jose......) :D

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I agree that it would be difficult to convince SNK that producing more cartridges could be profitable; primarily because we ourselves don't even believe it. However, rebranding cartridges could probably be arranged. It would have to be through a central source, like say Shawn at the neo store, but surely SNK could make productions of "English art kits" for games like the Real Bout Fatal Furies, the Last Blades, Voltage Fighter, Ninja Masters, Big Tournament Golf, etc. (games that are rare & expensive in USA format, but more common & affordable in Japan format.) Shawn takes "pre-orders" of say a minimum of 100 each of these art packs from us, then orders them from SNK.

It's not like SNK didn't already do this with him once before. And heck, do the same with MVS carts too. Imagine being able to pay $10 or even $20 (who cares right?) for an absolutely mint condition bran new peel away SNK authentic MVS cart sticker of USA Pulstar or Last Blade 2 to replace over your worn out crappy condition Japanese ripped and torn label.

Careful chaps, this one will be flooding the market with bootleg windjammers soon...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Imagine being able to pay $10 or even $20 (who cares right?) for an absolutely mint condition bran new peel away SNK authentic MVS cart sticker of USA Pulstar or Last Blade 2 to replace over your worn out crappy condition Japanese ripped and torn label.

What and paste over all that history? all that charm? why that's preposterous!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
There's really no need in this day and age when there's so much material out there to make your own marquees and strips. To me that's one of the best features of the arcade hobby, that you can make your own stuff.