Anyone In Christmas Mood?

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
The missus saw my first post and told me to tell you that I lied, we're making roast duck tonight, not goose, the geese the butcher had were from Poland, that's not a problem per se but my wife wanted local poultry so she got a nice plump duck from a farm outside of town.

The duck has been prepared, cleaned, salted, peppered and herbs added (a bunch of dry sage brush, thyme and rosemary) and placed in a cool dark place, it will go into the oven at around 3 pm. In the meantime, we're going to make the dumplings from a mix of cooked and mashed as well as ground raw potatoes, eggs, a dash of nutmeg and farina. The red cabbage will be shredded, put in a browning flour and goose dripping, sauteed, water and broth added and cooked for at least three hours in a large pot. If all goes well, dinner will be served around 7.30 pm. Clear vegetable soup for starters, cinnamon ice cream for afters.

Can't wait, guys... :drool_2:
Sooo Diner at your place next year :D

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
This is the first im not but hopefully tomorrow as i usually love this time

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
im ready for the new year. i dont know what's worse. gift cards vs people that buy stuff off your amazon Wishlist that you added 9 years ago.