Anyone In Christmas Mood?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Coz I am.

Lots of candles, we got delicious Christmas cookies from a friend and are well-stocked with food for the next few days. Raclette, roast goose with dumplings and red cabbage, lamb chops, fried carp, nice wines and more good stuff. Xmas cigar + cognac also ready.

My babe will get a silver necklace with a nice aquamarine stone.

On Boxing Day I'm gonna setup my Mega Drive for some xmas gaming, have a number of new games to try and of course I'm gonna play lotsa Ghouls 'n Ghosts, a game which reminds me the most of the good Christmasses of the past.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Yeah, just watching Die hard 2 I am waiting for Die hard 1 on Christmas day and ill boot up some Christmas nights later!.

Yup, I’ve watched Die Hard 1 and 2 this week too. Going to watch Scrooge’d this evening, never seen it but heard it’s fun as an alternative ‘modern’ (for 1988) take on Christmas Carol.

Does anyone have suggestions for slightly more grown up Christmas films than say Elf?

Raclette and goose followed by Mega Drive sounds amazing Tak.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Yup, I’ve watched Die Hard 1 and 2 this week too. Going to watch Scrooge’d this evening, never seen it but heard it’s fun as an alternative ‘modern’ (for 1988) take on Christmas Carol.

Does anyone have suggestions for slightly more grown up Christmas films than say Elf?

Raclette and goose followed by Mega Drive sounds amazing Tak.
Lethal weapon and first blood set at christmas time, you also have the likes of indiana jones, beverley Hill cops, LOTR have that christmas epic feel.

Home alone, a violent night, bad mom's christmas. Gremlins 1

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Pretty hectic and tired from running errands and family dinners.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
So full disclosure. I love Christmas. It's my birthday and it's always been my favorite time of year. This year has been hard. My dad got prostate cancer, I had my siblings both have health crisis, money has been super duper tight, and my buissness has been suffering because people literally have no money for any kind of luxury service right now. I've been just overwhelmed and super depressed. It's the first Christmas that I've ever really had trouble feeling the spirit. The saving grace is that I have my amazing wife, kids, and parents. Honestly the forums have helped a lot. Running Secret Santa and the general happiness members have during this time has been a great source of happiness for me. Sorry to drone on lads, I've just had so much stress and anxiety. Thank you to this community for always being there and always making me feel better. I never really understood people that got depressed during the holidays. I have a better understanding of what's thats like and it's made me a more compassionate person. I know things have been hard for almost everyone and it's not just me. I love you crazy caulk flappers and am super grateful to have this community as part of my family.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Yup, kids are going crazy, they are off school for a few weeks. Their demand lists have been met.

@GutsDozer ehat kind of luxury service you run? Is that PC talk for pimping?

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Yup, kids are going crazy, they are off school for a few weeks. Their demand lists have been met.

@GutsDozer ehat kind of luxury service you run? Is that PC talk for pimping?
I own a pressure washing company. I bought it after running it for about 9 years. Usually people around this time go crazy because of holiday parties. Oct-Apr is our busy season. So far it's been total crap. People are either happy with a terrible diy or just putting it off. Even my yearly customers and commercial work has been holding off because of the high cost of everything. A lot of the local guys around here are selling off their trailers equipment and either moving to landscaping or just shutting their doors. Thankfully I can do electrical so I'm probably gonna do that come the new year.

Last edited:

racecar

20 Year Member
Post Christmas it’s bad for lots of people because of the debt the rack up on their credit card’s , literally they be stuck until tax return to get out of ( that usually around March/ April in Canada )

racecar

20 Year Member
I own a pressure washing company. I bought it after running it for about 9 years. Usually people around this time go crazy because of holiday parties. Oct-Apr is our busy season. So far it's been total crap. People are either happy with a terrible diy or just putting it off. Even my yearly customers and commercial work has been holding off because of the high cost of everything.
Christmas light installation been popular this year maybe look into expanding in to that . I think local rate it’s like $50-60 a feet for those permanent led light stripe on the house my neighborhood I ask some of the house are $3-6 k per house … I don’t put up light because I have to take it down after so fuck that lolz

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
We've put a light chain in the living room window and there's another one hanging from the cupboard, that's it. We love real candles, room is full of them, plus tree candles and a sparkler for tradition's sake. Oh, and I always keep a large fire extinguisher ready, just in case.

EDIT: I also have loads of Speccy Xmas stories (got mine on Christmas 1983) but I'm gonna spare fami the horror :D

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
We've put a light chain in the living room window and there's another one hanging from the cupboard, that's it. We love real candles, room is full of them, plus tree candles and a sparkler for tradition's sake. Oh, and I always keep a large fire extinguisher ready, just in case.

EDIT: I also have loads of Speccy Xmas stories (got mine on Christmas 1983) but I'm gonna spare fami the horror :D
Tree pic plz!

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
I've been picking up food related ornaments for the last several years. Getting a pretty good collection going by now.

Attachments

• PXL_20231223_204922882.jpg
    PXL_20231223_204922882.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20231223_204935188.jpg
    PXL_20231223_204935188.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20231223_205004085.jpg
    PXL_20231223_205004085.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20231223_205018805.jpg
    PXL_20231223_205018805.jpg