Anyone In Christmas Mood?

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
A one man x-mas still counts, right? Maybe my sister and BIL will come to cheer me up, let’s do this!

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Been seeing friends and family lately, took some of them around the neighborhood to see the insane amount of lights the houses around here put up, was pretty fun. Baked a bunch of cookies that people have enjoyed, and my light display is one of those computer controlled synchronized ones that I do all myself. That brings joy to the passing tourists, so that's a win too.

Already watched most of our Christmas movies, watching Gremlins right now and have Christmas Vacation in the hopper for tomorrow after we eat all the fishes.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The missus saw my first post and told me to tell you that I lied, we're making roast duck tonight, not goose, the geese the butcher had were from Poland, that's not a problem per se but my wife wanted local poultry so she got a nice plump duck from a farm outside of town.

The duck has been prepared, cleaned, salted, peppered and herbs added (a bunch of dry sage brush, thyme and rosemary) and placed in a cool dark place, it will go into the oven at around 3 pm. In the meantime, we're going to make the dumplings from a mix of cooked and mashed as well as ground raw potatoes, eggs, a dash of nutmeg and farina. The red cabbage will be shredded, put in a browning flour and goose dripping, sauteed, water and broth added and cooked for at least three hours in a large pot. If all goes well, dinner will be served around 7.30 pm. Clear vegetable soup for starters, cinnamon ice cream for afters.

Can't wait, guys... :drool_2:

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Just picked up the christmas rib of beef from the local farm, looks like a proper wedge. Ended up with about 8 different kinds of sausage and some lamb too, I can't leave that place without blowing at least a couple of hundred.

Christmas has begun.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Already watched most of our Christmas movies, watching Gremlins right now and have Christmas Vacation in the hopper for tomorrow after we eat all the fishes.
Christmas Vacation (and the original Vacation) are the best Lampoon Vacation movies.

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Sis and BIL can’t come over tonite, I did smoke a Christmas Partagas and will have some regular dinner, I’m ok with all of this, Xmas suck in my house anyway, I’m in the mood tho

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Merry Christmas guys. 2023 can't end any sooner. Probably one of my worst years as a adult. Finances took a hit, had a few deaths including a brother in law who died in a car accident. It was just back to back shit.

Either way my family is still healthy and we were able to hold things down. Here's hoping 2024 is better year. Love you guys

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Merry Christmas guys. 2023 can't end any sooner. Probably one of my worst years as a adult. Finances took a hit, had a few deaths including a brother in law who died in a car accident. It was just back to back shit.

Either way my family is still healthy and we were able to hold things down. Here's hoping 2024 is better year. Love you guys
Sorry for your loss bud.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Christmas...another day for me. My dad and nephew that live with me are both sick so I'll make some dinner, head to bed, then wake up tomorrow morning and head in to work, though we're closed for the day. After the following day, I get three days paid vacation so it isn't all bad. Happy Merry everyone :buttrock:ccs036.jpg