Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
This showed up today, and it just might be one of the nicest things I've ever seen at a 1/12 scale. :)

xyfH8FM.jpg

I'm actually in fucking love with this??? who made this

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
They're both from FREEing: a 1/12 Namco Arcade Machine Collection Galaga and a Sarah Bryant Figma.

fiNtmEB.jpg
QAEd0k5.jpg

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yeah, she is pretty damn nice! Comes with 8 extra hand poses, 1 more facial expression, and a paper foldout of her stage's floor. Amiami has her on sale right now, too. And there's more from the same series with a 2P costume variant & two matching Akiras to go along. After this one, I'd love to see more low-poly figures from those days. :)

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Awesome!! Now I have to go looking for those mini arcade cabinets!

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Yeah, she is pretty damn nice! Comes with 8 extra hand poses, 1 more facial expression, and a paper foldout of her stage's floor. Amiami has her on sale right now, too. And there's more from the same series with a 2P costume variant & two matching Akiras to go along. After this one, I'd love to see more low-poly figures from those days. :)

I think I'm totally going to have my girlfriend get me the 2P version of Sarah for valentine's day.

one more thing, what is that beautiful gold gamepad in the box...?

By the way, does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on Battle Arena Toshinden statues/figures? Namely of Sofia. There is a set of Takara dolls featuring Sofia, Ellis, and Tracy out there. I would assume they are always sold in a group and probably fetch at LEAST $800, but I'm honestly wondering if anyone out there knows where I might find anything of Sofia. I'm on a mission to collect statues and figures of all my favorite characters and it sucks because I think she's my #2 babe right after Morrigan.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
wow that Voltron looks sweet! Bet that set you back some.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I think I'm totally going to have my girlfriend get me the 2P version of Sarah for valentine's day.

By the way, does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on Battle Arena Toshinden statues/figures? Namely of Sofia. There is a set of Takara dolls featuring Sofia, Ellis, and Tracy out there. I would assume they are always sold in a group and probably fetch at LEAST $800, but I'm honestly wondering if anyone out there knows where I might find anything of Sofia. I'm on a mission to collect statues and figures of all my favorite characters and it sucks because I think she's my #2 babe right after Morrigan.

You've probably already checked but Big bad toy store and amiami are my go-to's for finding figures, if they don't have them in stock I'd check ebay though you're not likely to get a great price

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
It aint that kickass new version but my old-school will do. Just brought it home from Mom's house. Needs to be cleaned up a bit.

I will have to say it's a bit of a frankenstein made up of original and flea-market lions. But I still love it.

IMG_7479.JPG

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
You've probably already checked but Big bad toy store and amiami are my go-to's for finding figures, if they don't have them in stock I'd check ebay though you're not likely to get a great price

yeah this is something i'm only going to find on ebay if i'm lucky I think. or track down an owner and make an offer.... "Toshinden" doesn't bring like anything up in most merchandise based searches. I think there's a Duke keychain on ebay and thats about it.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
yeah this is something i'm only going to find on ebay if i'm lucky I think. or track down an owner and make an offer.... "Toshinden" doesn't bring like anything up in most merchandise based searches. I think there's a Duke keychain on ebay and thats about it.

Toshinden merch is unfortunately pretty much limited to soundtracks, audio dramas, artbooks, some plushies, and a garage kit or two (Sofia and Ellis only, I believe) :(

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

It's an 8bitdo bluetooth controller using a Famicom theme. You can buy them on Amazon. I have a few of the SNES clone version without the analog sticks, I love them and use them with everything I can.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Toshinden merch is unfortunately pretty much limited to soundtracks, audio dramas, artbooks, some plushies, and a garage kit or two (Sofia and Ellis only, I believe) :(
these are what I'm talking about wanting:
642c2cd1511664d48d12bc0943f68690.jpgBattle Arena Toshinden Takara Dolls.jpgjj.jpg

It's an 8bitdo bluetooth controller using a Famicom theme. You can buy them on Amazon. I have a few of the SNES clone version without the analog sticks, I love them and use them with everything I can.
I thought so! But are those dual joysticks?? I have the original SNES 8bitdo controller and I must say its of great quality design and very authentic.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

Nice! I remember these and some Gowcaizer (done by Marmitt) ones too. I always have an eye out for toshinden and masami obari stuff, so I'll give you a shout if I see them pop up anywhere.

Edit: There a couple up right now on yahoo jp if you are interested:
http://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/RV...xtAPDh8;_ylu=X3oDMTBhNmMwMjNqBHZ0aWQDQVMwMDQ-

http://ord.yahoo.co.jp/o/auction/RV...BtAPDh8;_ylu=X3oDMTBhNmMwMjNqBHZ0aWQDQVMwMDQ-

Last edited:

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
and a garage kit or two hundred

FTFY. Trust me on this one.

(done by Marmitt)

Marmitt is awesome.

http://www.marmit.co.jp/

Goddammit, there has *never* been a second "t" in the proper spelling of the company Marmit. I've been constantly witnessing this typo online since at least my Usenet newsgroup days, circa '97. You guys aren't fortysomething kaiju vinyl accumulators with Dyslexia and a tendency to wear nothing but WCW & NWO wrestling shirts in public, so what's your excuse?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
FTFY. Trust me on this one.

http://www.marmit.co.jp/

Goddammit, there has *never* been a second "t" in the proper spelling of the company Marmit. I've been constantly witnessing this typo online since at least my Usenet newsgroup days, circa '97. You guys aren't fortysomething kaiju vinyl accumulators with Dyslexia and a tendency to wear nothing but WCW & NWO wrestling shirts in public, so what's your excuse?

You are totally correct. I use "marmitt" when typing it in romanji since it is written "マーミット" in japanese which would be Maamitto with an emphasis on the double "t" when spoken. However, the official romanji used in their white and red "Shape of dreams" logo is indeed "Marmit".

Edit: Back on topic: Garage kits, both official and doujin are awesome, but I am glad japan made a shift to prepainted character figures and statues rather than everything being a kit.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Not huge into figures specifically, but I love UFO catchers and cold cast. I also made my own bead sprites for quite some time. My game room is polluted with this stuff. I have this weird interest in Doraemon and Keroppi to. That Fool coin bank is a real treasure also. I finally got that Ukyo UFO catcher some time back.

P1040714.JPGP1040715.JPGP1040716.JPGP1040717.JPGP1040718.JPGP1040719.JPGP1040720.JPGP1040721.JPGP1040722.JPG

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
very pretty collection LWK

P.S.: I scored the Sofia doll fyi

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
I'm quite tempted to preorder this figure....

FFXV-Cindy-Play-Arts-Kai-004.jpg

It's around 10.000yen + shipping.... I guess it would be around 100-120USD total amount... dang it's expensive but looks really nice...

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Very nice images, StealthLurker!
I didn't expect my photo to become a sort of appetizer for what would come next. :D

Ren-chan, the best antidote here is to remember that you're looking at a Play Arts figures and those never come out looking anywhere as good as the promo pictures. This one does have that air of becoming even more unreasonably expensive after it goes out of print, though, so there's some regret potential there tied to the "now or never factor".

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Sideshow deadpool.jpg

My first Sideshow product, got it about a week ago when he was 25 bucks off, I'd had my eye on him for awhile and while I was at it I ordered some friends for him, Evil Dead 2 Ash, The Punisher and Walter White (which was made by three A but sold through Sideshow). They also just announced a comic version Daredevil figure (one of my favorite comic characters) and Jack Fucking Burton from Big Trouble in Little China, so those guys are definitely going into the collection, also last night I dipped into my saving to snag a Hot Toys Marty Mcfly I'd been wanting forever. It's possible I may be developing a problem.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
very pretty collection LWK

P.S.: I scored the Sofia doll fyi

Sweet! Post a pic when you get it arranged in your collection *thumbs up*

I'm quite tempted to preorder this figure....

FFXV-Cindy-Play-Arts-Kai-004.jpg

It's around 10.000yen + shipping.... I guess it would be around 100-120USD total amount... dang it's expensive but looks really nice...

Do eet. I've been on the fence with this one too.