Any of you panty sniffers ever eaten Argentine food?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Have a decent milanesa and chips some day, you won't regret it.
Or Argentine style pizza (overflowing with melted cheese)?

Dale putos! Coman!!

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
If you're going to be making a food topic, at least provide some pics.
Never had Argentine food, but I have tried Peruvian. To me, that's close enough.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
If you're going to be making a food topic, at least provide some pics.
Never had Argentine food, but I have tried Peruvian. To me, that's close enough.

Hah, yeah true.
But it couldn't be more different. Peruvian is great tho

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
P1030143.JPG
Guerrin pizza- one of the best pizzas you will find here in Capital Federal

04.jpg
Milanesa al caballo. Milanesa is thinly sliced meat or chicken breast covered in bread crumbs best when the bread crumbs are mixed with provenzal (minced garlic and herbs)

2_Empanadas-fritas-de-asado-reciclado.jpg
Fried empanada. Some of you may have eaten empanada but trust me, if you know a place where they do them well and they have the fried vsriety, there are few nicer things out there.

And of course we have our asados, Argentine barbecue with particular emphasis placed on offal and grits

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Maradona eats a lot of argentine food.

Shits argentine food in a solid gold toilet.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
locro2.jpg
Oh and Locro which is probably my favourite food in the world.
Of native origin it is a stew of sorts which includes bits of pork and meat, sometimes mondongo (cow stomach) beans, corn pumpkin spices and other stuff. Takes ages to makeqnd is mostly eaten during the independence day festivities, also mostly eaten in the northern provinces along with other Andean style foods (tamales etc.).
It's creamy and spicy like nothing else.

Then there's Chipa which are made from mandioca and cheese and are eaten as a snack. Really fucking good

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
omg i want all that food right now

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
That pizza belongs on a truck stop dinner buffet.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
That pizza belongs on a truck stop dinner buffet.

I ate it first time with my grandpa when I was about 14 and on my holidays here in Argy (back when I was living in England).
It was at a small dank place near the train station same place he used to hit up for a slice 40 years previous when he used to come back from work.
It was a life changing experience. That amount of cheese stays in your heart (arteries) for the rest of your life.
You eat that and you stop giving a fuck. About everything

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i would try it. i'm obligated to eat pizza.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
i would try it. i'm obligated to eat pizza.

It's a love hate thing though. Amazingly enough many foreigners will try it and not like it much. Think we are exaggerating.
We're not.

Yeah but if you like proper pizza you would probably enjoy it

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
View attachment 42444
Guerrin pizza- one of the best pizzas you will find here in Capital Federal

View attachment 42445
Milanesa al caballo. Milanesa is thinly sliced meat or chicken breast covered in bread crumbs best when the bread crumbs are mixed with provenzal (minced garlic and herbs)

View attachment 42446
Fried empanada. Some of you may have eaten empanada but trust me, if you know a place where they do them well and they have the fried vsriety, there are few nicer things out there.

And of course we have our asados, Argentine barbecue with particular emphasis placed on offal and grits

I would love to eat this type of food sometime in the future or if I ever come to your country.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Awesome, good on you
There's places that have opened up in your country that do empanadas I've read/heard/seen.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
I've eaten ArgentinIan food here in Los Angeles.
Doubt the meat is as good as in Argentina, but I've eaten at some high end Argentian places with aged beef and it's excellent.

Fugazza pizza, Matambre, entrana, choripan, empanadas, etc.
I actually had a student whose parents owned a small whole in the wall ArgentinIan bakery/restaurant, and would get taken care of nicely : ) once in a while.
Weird thing was they were Mexican American. They had an older Argentinian man working there for a year or so, teaching them everything he knew about Argentinian food.

I use to love sandwich de miga and a super cold coke while watching soccer.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i've had like a romanian equivalent of an empenada once.they were really good. that was the last day i ever saw my ex girlfriend Allison. I was 15

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
There are plenty of argentinian restaurants in london, have you ever eaten in one? Is it at all representative of a genuine argentinian eating experience?

They always tend to be steak houses here, and pricey ones at that, so I've never been massively interested (I prefer to eat my steak at home, the amount of steak I like to eat in one sitting costs more than I want to pay when I'm out), but if you reckon they're serving up interesting things besides the steak then I'll give it a go.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
You know, now that you mention it I used to pass by an Argentinian restaurant on my way to work every day but never went in. But the pics you posted looking really good that I might have to drop by.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
There are plenty of argentinian restaurants in london, have you ever eaten in one? Is it at all representative of a genuine argentinian eating experience?

They always tend to be steak houses here, and pricey ones at that, so I've never been massively interested (I prefer to eat my steak at home, the amount of steak I like to eat in one sitting costs more than I want to pay when I'm out), but if you reckon they're serving up interesting things besides the steak then I'll give it a go.

I haven't ever been to any of these places to be honest, and I'm sure the quality varies a ton.
both my brothers have set up stalls at markets serving beef sandwiches with chimi churri (a type of spicy sauce you serve with the meat, very nice indeed) - one's in Brick Lane and the other one I think is around Enfield. I'm sure their prices are alright. the meat they get is actual argentine beef, if you're ever down there and curious maybe check them out - especially the one in Enfield, Hernan is a cool dude.

Last edited:

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I am a big fan of the Argentinian dish called Falklands Soup.

It's made from the tears of Argentinians.