Annual October Horror Movie Thread

Naika

Street Hoop Star
I am also a big fan of Prince Of Darkness. Just re-watched it the other night and the dialogue always keep me thinking.

Also saw Slither - entertaining but would not watch it again.

Prince of Darkness has now become a favorite of mine. I bought it on Blu Ray last year to watch for the first time and it is amazing. It's a tight film with great scenes, an amazing story and yes, great dialogue. Nice to see Victor Wong and Dennis Dun in it as well!

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Dead Calm- Awesome, can't believe I'd never seen it before. Highly recommended.

Final Destination (All of them)- They're all terrible. Interesting to see how much more stupid and far fetched they get with every installment, which is obviously the entire point of the series.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Rings- I really like Ringu and the American remake, this however is just a disgrace. So Leonard from BBT is a college professor who has a secret class where he makes people watch the tape(well digital files lol) to prove there's a soul? Are you shitting me...

Cell- Pure garbage, what the hell were Cusack and Jackson thinking signing on for this? Couldn't have been the money.

Rupture- I don't even know.

The Lawnmower Man- Now this is more like it. A favorite of mine when I was a kid. Not a great movie by any means but a great time capsule of the early 90s.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rings- I really like Ringu and the American remake, this however is just a disgrace.

The Lawnmower Man- Now this is more like it. A favorite of mine when I was a kid. Not a great movie by any means but a great time capsule of the early 90s.

Rings was trash...

Follow up the Lawnmower Man with Brainscan! Good ol' Eddie Furlong before he became a woman beating shithead.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Fuck yeah. Love Brainscan, used to rent that shit all the time back in the good old days.

Oh yeah, also watched Lake Placid a shit movie that knows it's a shit movie and makes it work.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
So I finally saw Pumpkinhead and The Void and was very surprised by both. We saw The Void Friday night and the SFX was great! It's like a Lovecraftian version of John Carpenter's The Thing. If you haven't seen it, I highy recommend this on Netflix.

Pumpkinhead is what we saw on Amazon Prime Streaming and was a decent movie all around. I liked how they made Lance Henriksen such an all around good guy until those fucks from the city ruin him. Monster was great but kinda wished it was gorier.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Last night,

Chopping Mall
FrankenHooker

Ah, I love these two. Chopping Mall was one of my favourite films when I was about 9. I used to draw the robots on all my school books. I really need to pick up the new blu ray release.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Ah, I love these two. Chopping Mall was one of my favourite films when I was about 9. I used to draw the robots on all my school books. I really need to pick up the new blu ray release.

Sorry, not Barbara Crampton but...BOOM!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I watched Repulsion last night. It was good - some really cool visuals. But I think you need to watch it twice. The underlying motivation of the main character isn't really revealed until one of the final scenes in the movie. Also, I don't think this is a masterpiece like the other two Polanski movies I've seen - Rosemary's Baby and Chinatown.

Going to try to watch It Comes at Night soonish.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
My wife has an old copy of The Howling. Recommended?

Seconded. The Howling is great. I'd put it right up there with An American Werewolf in London and Dog Soldiers in the running for best werewolf movie ever made. The transformation sequences are top-notch, and Elisabeth Brooks is a fox.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Seconded. The Howling is great. I'd put it right up there with An American Werewolf in London and Dog Soldiers in the running for best werewolf movie ever made. The transformation sequences are top-notch, and Elisabeth Brooks is a fox.

Thanks guys, will check this out!

On another note, how is 2? Stirba Werewolf Bitch?

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S

Dog soldiers is class, check out the guess the werewolf flic the beast must die if you ain't seen it, it's great fun and well worth a mention as well.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Green Inferno, garbage. Try hard shit.

Piranha 3D, this is good garbage. The Descent, also amazing. Descent sequel: doo-doo.

High Tension, Eh, pretty good.

The Descent grew on me over time. I remember when I first watched it I felt like the sense of claustrophobia was so well done that having monsters show up seemed silly. Like it got *less* horrific when that happened. Ha ha. Later I got to appreciate the whole thing a bit more.

pepelegit

Pleasure Goal
Haven't had a ton of movie watching time this month, but caught a few.
The Fog. I love trying to imagine anybody trying to get this made now. It was okay.
The Thing. I watch this at least annually if not more. One of my favourites.
Curious George: Hallowe'en Boofest! The story of No-Noggin the headless scarecrow is pretty tame stuff. (It's no Scooby Doo on Zombie Island, you know?)

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Going to have Halloween gathering, trying to think of a good group movie to watch.

Right now im thinking Boo! Madea Halloween. Anybody see this?

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Going to have Halloween gathering, trying to think of a good group movie to watch.

Right now im thinking Boo! Madea Halloween. Anybody see this?

A Tyler Perry movie? No-fucking-thanks! I can totally see you watching this with your mates while you eat your dry BBQ.

Watch Creepshow instead.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
The Descent was actually pretty decent I thought.

Anyone see "The Thing" remake? Was that any good? I loved the original and still watch it from time to time.

Funny seeing Event Horizon mentioned. Man that movie was terrible. "In The Mouth of Madness" was good IMO.