Animal crossing 3DS

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I finally found out what my friend code is: 0301-9781-1229

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'm posting an offer of 250k bells (negotiable) for any piece of gold nugget. It's an offer worth over 60x more than its recycle value. I won't say what gold nuggets can do for, you'll have to search that out yourselves. But the offer's there.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
I'm preparing for the Happy Room Theme Challenge. It's a challenge seperate from the regular HRA scoring system that Lyle offers you after you've paid off your home expansions in full . Scoring is based on the series of furniture you choose Lyle to score you by (stylish, natural, antique, fairytale, etc). I've chosen to focus on hobby themed furniture series'.

Specifically, I'm looking for furniture in the Robo series, Kiddie series, and Space series.

In return I'll offer you whatever I can in bells or furniture.

Edit: adding the Space series to the list of furniture I'm looking for.

Last edited:

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Is it ever not worth buying turnips on Sunday? I passed this week as Joan wanted some like 109 per turnip...And as I checked throughout the week, granted, not twice every day, the buying prices never got above 90....Though I've seen some threads where they can supposedly be bought for up to 900 bells (only saw a screen shot of something like 550 irl).

Magician

20 Year Member
Is it ever not worth buying turnips on Sunday? I passed this week as Joan wanted some like 109 per turnip...And as I checked throughout the week, granted, not twice every day, the buying prices never got above 90....Though I've seen some threads where they can supposedly be bought for up to 900 bells (only saw a screen shot of something like 550 irl).

It's a crapshoot.

According to the translated JP guidebook, buying prices always range between 90-110, never higher nor lower. The sale price is a different story. Reese will randomly be given one of four price variations; slowly decreasing, random, small spike, and large spike.

The slowly decreasing variation is the worst as it'll start at around 90-100 bells and slowly decrease with each subsequent Reese pricing. With the small spike variation you might see a high between 150-200 only once on one of Reese's twelve weekly pricings. Reese offers two pricings everyday, one before Noon and one after Noon. It's with the random and large spike variations that you see prices touch the 300-900 range.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
It's a crapshoot.

According to the translated JP guidebook, buying prices always range between 90-110, never higher nor lower. The sale price is a different story. Reese will randomly be given one of four price variations; slowly decreasing, random, small spike, and large spike.

The slowly decreasing variation is the worst as it'll start at around 90-100 bells and slowly decrease with each subsequent Reese pricing. With the small spike variation you might see a high between 150-200 only once on one of Reese's twelve weekly pricings. Reese offers two pricings everyday, one before Noon and one after Noon. It's with the random and large spike variations that you see prices touch the 300-900 range.

I think this last week I had the slowly decreasing as it eventually was at about 50 bells a piece but the week before was a small increase I sold mine for 160. Thanks for the info.

Another quick question...Both yesterday and today as I run around my character keeps falling. What the hell is happening? I tried changing shoes, but that made no difference...I'm wondering if it's due to the heavier and constant rain?

P.S..Also for the gold nugget you're looking for...Where do I look to eventually find those? Are they buried, in rocks, or in the ocean, river, from fishing???

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Another quick question...Both yesterday and today as I run around my character keeps falling. What the hell is happening? I tried changing shoes, but that made no difference...I'm wondering if it's due to the heavier and constant rain?

The falling is because of Bad Luck. If I remember correctly, you can pay the fortune teller to remove it if she is in town. I had it for one day then it was gone the next.

Also, try connecting to the internet at the post office and see if you get a new gift. I try every now and then, but today I got a palm-tree lamp.

Cyclops

Mr. Big's Thug
Didn't realize people wanted the gold nuggets. It's 3 pieces to Cyrus for a random gold furniture, right? I sold mine off at Retail cause I needed to clear up some space. Oops!

Magician

20 Year Member
Didn't realize people wanted the gold nuggets. It's 3 pieces to Cyrus for a random gold furniture, right? I sold mine off at Retail cause I needed to clear up some space. Oops!

That's correct. Although the Animal Crossing series has never really had what you'd call an endgame the final reward for completing the HRA Theme Challenge is an all-gold exterior (fence, mailbox, door, paneling, and roof). My aim is to have an all-gold entry room to match the all-gold exterior. Bling-bling style.

My offer stands so long as my golden series is incomplete.

Magician

20 Year Member
nada - just let me know how i can give it to you. :)

Tomorrow, if I see you jump online, I'll be sure to open my gate.

Moving away from trade discussion I just wanted to add more thoughts about the game.
I just passed the 100 hours played mark this week. My home is completely paid off (7.6 million). I've just scored over 300k for the HRA Theme Challenge; I'll be receiving my gold roof tomorrow. And I just grew my first black rose without truely trying to do so, lol.

It's stupid, bewildering as to how much fun this game is.

Totally absurd.

Magician

20 Year Member
My gate's open.

Come through at your leisure.

Edit: ...gate closed...

Unfortunately, there're alot of things I want to do that require the gate closed.

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I broke down and bought the strat guide today; the thing is nearly 500 pgs.!

On a side note, the night club just opened up, and the tunes are really good!

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Just got my copy of Animal Crossing. I added eveyone's friend codes in this thread. My code is 3050-7981-2191. Would love some adds.

Put about 12 hours into the game since getting it. I've just opened up the island, and paid off my second loan to Nook.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
My code is 3050-7981-2191. Would love some adds.

Added.

Anywho, this morning I qualified for the fourth (of five) exterior home reforms. I think my various furniture series' may be enough earn all five; I'll find that out tomorrow. I finally got my silver shovel, making the acquisition of gold nuggets easier. And I got my first gold tool in the slingshot.

If I unlock the fifth and final exterior reform tomorrow I'm going to teardown my interior layout and go with furniture series' that are more about feng shui than HRA score. I may aswell lift the ISO on the kiddie, robo, and space items. Time to look for furniture that's more...me.

Magician

20 Year Member
Bah! My HRA TC score topped out at 988k. Short of the 1.1 million necessary for the final exterior gold reform, the mailbox. Tonight I cleaned up, removing unnecessay items off the floor, and rearranged my current furniture into a more feng shui positive setup. I look forward to seeing what that'll do for my score tomorrow since I didn't add any new furniture this evening.

If that doesn't move the needle maybe a new hobby mailbox will help? If not...I'll have to look to finishing my current furniture series (balloon, robo, and kiddie).

Other than that. I recently opened the Cafe and Shampoodle. Caught all the July-centric fish, bugs, and sea creatures. And begun work on obtaining perfect town status.

I still need pears and persimmons though. :(

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I have pears in my town. Can they be sent to other players? How does it work? I planted some apples I got as a gift from an NPC when I first started the game, but I'm not sure how you get other fruit.

Magician

20 Year Member
I have pears in my town. Can they be sent to other players? How does it work? I planted some apples I got as a gift from an NPC when I first started the game, but I'm not sure how you get other fruit.

Every town has one fruit that's native. All the rest have to be traded for or gifted to you by a resident npc. New Leaf's only major negative is the inability to send letters to friends (w/presents) over the internet. You have to visit each other's towns in order to trade anything.

The other thing that's unfortunate is the gate system. You need your gate open in order for your friends to visit your town. Yet having the gate open closes alot of necessary functions of your town (mayoral functions, donating to the museum, traveling to the island, etc). So really...the best way to meet up with friends is to setup a playdate; pick a day and time you'll both be online to trade stuff.

Of course, that becomes unnecessary after you've visited each other once. After that you can "tag" each other as BFs, and communicate with New Leaf's IM across the internet.

I recently planted most of my fruit, but I'll be sure to set some aside for you the next time they grow.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I added everyone from this thread. Literally everyone that posted their code...So that came out to 9 people..

My friend code is: 1478-3473-6920. Please add me to your list so I can visit other towns..lol

My town's native fruit is a pear. Still need peaches, persimmons, and oranges..I think that's all I need as I have all the other fruits.

I need to find someone with good turnip prices and I typically am on between 12pm and 2pm during the week. I also play really late/early AM say 1, 2am for a couple of hours.

I spent a lot of money this Sunday on them so I want to make the most of it..Right now my store is buying for only 76 bells and I bought for 92...

I have a good number of spare playcoin items...Extra 1up mushroom, extra mustache, extra shells, extra firebar, extra triforce...I'd love to get the Samus mask and arcade cab...I have the small VS..cab already..

Last edited:

bugula

Member,
Will be on tonight and will keep an eye peeled to the thread. Have got the robo-stereo to give you, Magician.

I'm assuming our islands all have the same fruit as I too am missing the persimmons and pears. But I have cherries, apples, durians, lemons, lychees, bananas, and coconuts to share.