All About NEO GEO CD

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
cool thanks much looks like 30 bucks at my local salvation army is worth the price lol

it even comes with metal slug 2
Neo Geo CD Special
and zintrick

only down side is only one control (i hope its still there tommorow im gonna have to get up early and be there as soon as they open lol)

any good source for a controller

cool thanks much looks like 30 bucks at my local salvation army is worth the price lol

it even comes with metal slug 2
Neo Geo CD Special
and zintrick

only down side is only one control (i hope its still there tommorow im gonna have to get up early and be there as soon as they open lol)

any good source for a controller
30 bucks? uh yea

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
well it was still there works great but the neo special cd freezes(its pretty scratched )and metal slug 2 was metal sulug 2 case but had metal slug 1 in it

oh well hell for 30$ it was worth it lol

so any good source for another controller

and damn i agree super shity load times

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
well it was still there works great but the neo special cd freezes(its pretty scratched )and metal slug 2 was metal sulug 2 case but had metal slug 1 in it

You're better off with MS1 anyways. It's totally the better of the two.

fiolinagermi

Zero's Secretary

top loaders sell for $200 alone with one controller. Do you know if it is a US or Japanese system? If it is US it makes even more rare and twice as reliable! US systems, from what I have seen with feedback, tend to last longer. IMHO, it is due to the power supply, unless of couse you use a stepdown with the japanese systems. TONS of people will probably not agree with this, I dont really care. Metal Slug 1 is the best in the series, so that is a great find, and is worth $100 ! So hang onto it! And as far as another controller, eBay, or amazon, or egameaddiction.com, or the neostore. Or trade here. And just drink a beer during loads! Its a fun party game.

discgolfer72

Crossed Swords Squire
thanks how do i tell if its us or jap

my local sal army gets some sweet stuff ive gotten some great deals there got a saturn for 10$
32 inch computer monitor (crt with vga and 2 component inputs also) 15$
and my best snagg a atari 7800 with 22 games padle cont and 3 sticks 7$

Hello, just signed up for the forums after looking at them for a while and now I am ready to take the plunge. I have been seriously considering getting a Neo system, but can't decide whether to get the AES or the CD. I saw a posting the the Neo Selling forum for a modded CD system with 15 games for 300 bucks which looks like a steal considering I would spend that much on the AES alone. Do the CD systems support s-video without having the be modded and is it true that only the more recent games released for the CD have the bad load times?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
It does indeed support S-video without modding! Every game has load times on this platform though, there is no getting around it. Every game has the initial load boot which is about a minute regardless of title. After that, It's up to what game you'ds playing as to how long you'll be waiting in between each fight.

You are right about the later games being the worst for that, but, usually in the options for said games, you turn the 'Demo Cut' option on, and your load times decrease significantly. Its still longer than any other system in the case of games like The Last Blade, or Fatal Fury Real Bout. (Play Last Blade on CD, then pop in Samurai Shodown 2 or Fatal Fury Special. You'll be shocked, you really will. But if you can deal with loading of say 45 seconds, to maybe just over a minute in between each fight, then you'll be fine and your wallet will likely thank you.

Also, there are lots of great non fighters on the system, and thier load times are a lot less intensive, some titles need to load only once.

That's my 0.02$, but I'm a huge NeoCD junkie. Take my bias with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the input, still have about a week or two to decide once my tax return comes and I find out if I still have a job at...Liquidation City. The cd might be the way to go seeing as how inexpensive the games are compared to the AES games. Do you use the gamepad or the joystick on you Neo Geo CD?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I started with the gamepads, cause that's what came with my system. But once I plugged in a joystick, It was totally impossible to go back. It wasn't long before I bought myself a pair to replace my pads.

I bought a Neo Geo CD off Ebay for 150 shipped. It was a US seller and the price was to good to pass up. System comes complete along with KOF 95 and Super Sidekicks 2.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I bought a Neo Geo CD off Ebay for 150 shipped. It was a US seller and the price was to good to pass up. System comes complete along with KOF 95 and Super Sidekicks 2.
Is that a good price, anyone? I'm sorry, but it doesn't sound like it. Unless prices went up when I wasn't looking.

Well, i got a system that turned out to be a US version of the system, had a controller that was either cleaned before being sent out or never used, and is in very good condition. Also, it was from a US seller, so shipping was fast, cheap and I didn't have to deal with anything being held up in customs.

Meezzio

n00b
Can someone knock some sense into me?

I have a front loader, but for some reason I feel like I should be using carts. It just doesn't feel right. Getting rid of the front loader in exchange for an AES is going to cripple me financially...

Bskull

Crossed Swords Squire
If you are going to get into carts for the gaming aspect, either get a cabinet or purchase a CMVS as both are cheaper routes in the long run.

I'm thinking about buying a CD system just for the arranged soundtracks. Is it worth it? How good is the sound quality from the cd?

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I'm thinking about buying a CD system just for the arranged soundtracks. Is it worth it? How good is the sound quality from the cd?

In my experience the sound quality is great but sometimes the arrangements aren't up to snuff (Ninja Master's).

I used my NGCD Metal Slug to rip ringtones...now Stage 1 plays whenever I get a cal from home. :D

If you're looking for a nice CD system check the sig...:mr_t:

fiolinagermi

Zero's Secretary
With as much information as there is online, I am surprised that people are still asking about the neo geo CD load times. I'll answer this question the same way I have answered this question for years, when comparing the AES and the NGCD, the video quality on the NGCD is just way better. The sound quality is far superior. I, personally, was willing to put up with the load times for those features that the AES did not give. I have also played on a CDZ, and I can confirm comparing to a Top Loader it is faster. A lot faster. Plain and simple. So any guides out there that tell you there is no difference is just not true. Take any top loader load time, cut it in half, and I think that would be a good CDZ estimate.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Load times arent that bad. Sure for fighters they kind of suck, especially mid-stage loads, but for games like Last Hope / Pulstar / Puzzle Bobble / early KOF / ect its really not as bad as people make it sound

I have both CD and AES, and like them both equally

I also think the CD system is one of the nicest astetic looking consoles made

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I've thought a lot about getting a CDZ instead of my normal top loader but I don't know if it's really worth the big investment.

There are no other differences between the two except for the load times(and the price) right?

Clessy

Banned
I've thought a lot about getting a CDZ instead of my normal top loader but I don't know if it's really worth the big investment.

There are no other differences between the two except for the load times(and the price) right?

Yeah CDZ is totally playable and regular top loader is unbearable.

BOERenSKIN

n00b
Anybody has an full list of english Neo Geo cd release, as some games were released on CD in the west but not on homecart like Aero Fighters 3 and Pulstar. I can't find a good list anywhere.