AES-style MVS replacement shells preview

J3ster

n00b
Wish this project got funded, is there any hope in the future or maybe a new campaign ?

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I used to post pictures of it as replies to shadowkn55s posts. Im pretty sure thats why i never see him anymore.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I wonder if these could be made in small batches? 3D printed or resin casting? I know I was thinking it would be fun to try making a mold from one of my cheap MVS carts.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Wish this project got funded, is there any hope in the future or maybe a new campaign ?

There might be something in a month or so where they could make a comeback. Most likely not another crowd funding campaign.

I wonder if these could be made in small batches? 3D printed or resin casting? I know I was thinking it would be fun to try making a mold from one of my cheap MVS carts.

3D printing is highly impractical for something this large and in this many pieces. Resin casting is also impractical but it was how those three prototypes were made.

I used to post pictures of it as replies to shadowkn55s posts. Im pretty sure thats why i never see him anymore.

You got that right.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Stop trying to act like an AES-hole. Just embrace your MVS-ness.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Being a fan of both the MVS and the AES, I have to say that I love the look that both of them have for their own reasons. I would want to keep my MVS carts completely original, however, if you/anyone were to make cases for MVS carts that would mimic the AES cases perfectly, ie: same exact look, feel, plastic color, cart sticker length and width, etc, with a nice authentic style snap close feature, I think I would buy about 180 of them, and use them on a new MVS batch I would buy just for those cases. Then make sure the MVS cart stickers are near identical to the AES cart stickers, and we might have something here. :) Until then, the MVS carts that SNK made are good enough sitting inside Shockboxes.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
God, I wished AES carts were designed like that so that it would be easier to open.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'd really like for this project to succeed but I can't help but think of all the fuckery these new shells are going to cause. shadowkn55 didn't even sell one single shell yet, he just posted some pictures but some stupid noobs have already been mixing up those carts for genuine AES carts :lolz:

Like this genius right there:
https://youtu.be/Y8fkkKpk5wQ?t=19m (19:00)

B6zfmCx.jpg

Last edited:

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Lol amazing snag cory, ive seen that vid before and didnt spot that. A lot of my mvs shells are essentially fucked, held together with a masking tape girdle.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Lol amazing snag cory, ive seen that vid before and didnt spot that. A lot of my mvs shells are essentially fucked, held together with a masking tape girdle.

The best part is that we can clearly see that he owns 5 legit AES carts in this video. Yet he fails to spot the differences between his legit carts and the Omega shells. This guy is totally not a shelfqueer at all... :lolz:

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Too many mcdoubles rotted away his brain no doubt. Hopefully ngdev or someone else making new games has a moment of clarity and thinks omega.

Just in case shadow ever sees this, I will need about 70 of these things.

Last edited:

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Like this genius right there:
https://youtu.be/Y8fkkKpk5wQ?t=19m (19:00)

B6zfmCx.jpg

This is what he says when he shows off that picture.

"I know the arcades actually used cartridges as well - they were very very similar - but unfortunately SNK kind of went out of their way to make sure that you couldn't just buy the arcade cartridge and plug it in cuz the arcade cartridges are a lot cheaper."

Jesus Fucking Christ

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Too many mcdoubles rotted away his brain no doubt. Hopefully ngdev or someone else making new games has a moment of clarity and thinks omega.

Just in case shadow ever sees this, I will need about 70 of these things.

I gotta say, those NG DEV team custom woody cases weren't the best. I've seen quite a few people swapping their wood cases for regular plastic cases just so they could fit their carts into their motherboards.

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This is what he says when he shows off that picture.

"I know the arcades actually used cartridges as well - they were very very similar - but unfortunately SNK kind of went out of their way to make sure that you couldn't just buy the arcade cartridge and plug it in cuz the arcade cartridges are a lot cheaper."

Jesus Fucking Christ

Watch the whole thing, you'll have a blast. My farorite part is how he thinks SNK made every single Neo Geo game ever released all by themselves.

Last edited:

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
lol, 0 third party support..... except for over half the games.

Later in the video he talks about how he was a Sega fanatic but somehow didn't know about the Sega CD and the Saturn.