AES-style MVS replacement shells preview

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
These are really nice. Can you show a picture of the latest protos in an Omega?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
These are really nice. Can you show a picture of the latest protos in an Omega?

This is one of the pictures I included in the kickstarter.

kickstarter12_resized_zps3c78701f.jpg

I've never really printed a cat sticker before.. how easy would this be to do without it looking like ass? Laminate it?

Without professional equipment, your best bet is sticky photo paper. I used a vinyl printer with lamination to make the three sample labels.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
It's wonderful ideas like this that have been making me think more about getting into MVS as well. Actually... I've been wanting an MVS, but I've not yet found one that was worth the price.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
This is one of the pictures I included in the kickstarter.

kickstarter12_resized_zps3c78701f.jpg
Wow I now see what XX meant with "flowing with the Omega". Nice work, these really work together perfectly now!

To me it doesn't flow with the Omega. I think it's mostly due to the fact that the proto has sharp corners where the Omega has some nice rounded corners

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
$15 which is around £11...

Is international [UK] shipping gonna be killer?!

Probably yes, would be good to show the shipping cost in the kickstarter. That was shown in the gcw zero kickstarter so there was no hesitation in buying for international folk.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
So 3 days to go nowhere near the goal.. will this project not come to fruition if the target amount isnt met?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Probably not. I can't commission a mold for only a few hundred pieces unless you want to pay more than $30 a piece for them.

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
It's an absolute shame, I was hanging to replace my MVS shells with these. Maybe try building some capital through other projects? Sticks for the Omega springs to mind...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It looks like the demand is only about 250 cart shells according to the kickstarter page.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I had a quite a bit more than that when I was only asking for soft commitments. It didn't translate well into actual preorders when it came down to it.

I'll keep it all on standby until it's ready for prime time. All the engineering and prototyping work is done so it won't be long until actual shells come out from the moment it's green lighted.

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
I had a quite a bit more than that when I was only asking for soft commitments. It didn't translate well into actual preorders when it came down to it.

I'll keep it all on standby until it's ready for prime time. All the engineering and prototyping work is done so it won't be long until actual shells come out from the moment it's green lighted.

So what does this mean? Are we still going to be able to order them but at slightly higher prices?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
give it time,

there should be enough demand worldwide for these to be a success

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Yes you definitely have some people interested here that's for sure. Lets hope we can all get our hands on some.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Probably not. I can't commission a mold for only a few hundred pieces unless you want to pay more than $30 a piece for them.

There are some of us who would not find that unpalatable.