AES-style MVS replacement shells preview

grimm

Marked Wolf
These things look awesome man. Great work. I wish my economy hadnt taken a dump on me lately.. putting my purchase from you off even further. The irony is its because i found a job for the coming 5 months, its part time and out of town, so ill actually lose money on working, than being fully unemployed.. Hows that for irony?

Cant wait till i can actually afford your console and some replacement shells...

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
This thread just gets better and better. Where have all these people been for the last 15 years?!

I just read these threads and laugh to myself about all these great ideas people come up with, and how everyone loves them. For the record, I think they are great too, and have been great, since 1994 when I was playing MVS on my personally made "super gun", and 1997 when NGF started color coding and branding our products.

These shells make traditional MVS shells look like complete garbage. Congrats on design, and your decision to put your logo on your product, you deserve it!

talkin about double standard...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
This thread just gets better and better. Where have all these people been for the last 15 years?!

I just read these threads and laugh to myself about all these great ideas people come up with, and how everyone loves them. For the record, I think they are great too, and have been great, since 1994 when I was playing MVS on my personally made "super gun", and 1997 when NGF started color coding and branding our products.

Man how could I have missed this golden fucking nugget of bullshit. I swear do your asscheeks clinch up everytime you try and pull some bullshit out of your rectum? There's a reason why people didn't go with your color coded bullshit. You and Dion were caught multiple times lying to people & telling them they were original SNK products when in fact they were cheapass photocopied inserts and manuals.

Case in point..
------------------------------------------
#3 Neo*Geo HELL
Soon after all of this, Dion was caught selling converted carts with fake inserts and stickers.
We had thought Dion was just an asshole before now, and were surprised to find out he was a lying thief as well.
He had advertised that every cart included all the original materials, especially the manual.
He was caught selling photocopied inserts for Super Dodgeball, Shock Troopers, and other titles.
The items he had called original were nothing more than cheap, fake printouts, definitely not from SNK, which he offered for the "oh so low" price of $900.00 a pop.
So Neo*Geo Hell was opened, somewhat because of the desire to establish a place to discuss Neo Gaming, but primarily to inform people about Dion's lies.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It's like you're trying to make people forget how much you two have ruined this hobby with your fake shit. However in consideration for this thread this is probably more closer to the point...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
#5 The Thieves strike again.
Dion's poor business practices start to surface. He tries to purchase the entire stock of Metal Slug X carts from SNK USA, so he can make "limited edition cart casings" (meaning the actual plastic PCB casing) that were orange in color.
This, of course, would give him the ability to ration them out to whomever he wanted, and charge whatever price he desired, forever claiming they are "rare" titles.
When his ploy failed, he threw a fit like a child, and tried to discourage everyone from buying the game, claiming it would not be rare or worth anything.
This failed as well, and the game sold in droves in Japan and the US, making it a fairly rare title to have due to its scarcity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazing how you two douchenuggets keep trying to pump yourselves up.

btw post my picture again I need something to beat off to.

Last edited:

-D-

Zero's Secretary
I'm extremely impressed how these turned out!!! I guess I'm going to be holding off on game purchases for awhile so I can get even more of these than I originally planned to. Can't wait for the kickstarter to go up!

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
I'm looking forward to seeing the first red-shelled Ironclad cart. :drool:
...and a clear-shelled Ghostlop. :)

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
These look amazing. Sorry to say I'm not interested, however this thread makes me want to pick up an Omega CMVS now. So you may have made a different sale, lol.

Keep up the good work!

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Loving the progress thats being made on these.. dont know if Id replace all of my games or not cos I kinda like the look of MVS carts, but I'd definately get a few for my favourite games just for the novelty :)

What about those snap-case MVS boxes you mentioned in the past? Are those still happening?

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Loving the progress thats being made on these.. dont know if Id replace all of my games or not cos I kinda like the look of MVS carts, but I'd definately get a few for my favourite games just for the novelty :)

What about those snap-case MVS boxes you mentioned in the past? Are those still happening?

At first I also thought to no replace all of my carts, but as the project has moved on I could see me very well replacing everything over time. Of course I would keep the original shells, but these Omega shells in combination with Neominiboxes might look very good next to a CMVS.

As for the labels – are there any templates for Photoshop or Pixelmator?

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
btw post my picture again I need something to beat off to.

The face of rage.... and Sexual narcissism?

575927_467405016661301_876382487_n.jpg

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's starting to look like the betamax vs. VHS of mvs cart shells.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Any word yet on when the kickstarter is going to start. I'm itching to get my hands on a couple of these!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
These are the last batch of proto pics. Got them all textured up and looking nice. These are pretty damn close to what the final will look like except the clear one. It will have a light texture like the black and red shells.

omega_shell_final_1_zps45a83d82.png

omega_shell_final_2_zps56240d66.png

omega_shell_final_3_zpse7f3bfe9.png

omega_shell_final_4_zpse99f01a6.png

A little late to the party. These look awesome. My crappy labeled Yaton Kizuna Encounter is dieing to go into one of these. I'll definitely pick up a few. Good job Shadow.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I finished the write up for kickstarter. All that's left is to wait for approval. The pricing schemes are $15 for 1 and $135 for 10.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
shadow, can we get a template or dimensions, so I can make my own stickers?