Search results

1. malkie13

Monitor Question

Hey all. It's been ages since I've posted, but there was some college and the birth of a tiny human that happened, so I've sorta been busy. Anywho. . . I recently picked up a Marvel vs Capcom cab at auction for pretty damn cheap and I need some advice regarding the monitor. The picture...
  2. malkie13

Metal Slug 4 Locking Up

Tried searching, but the search function just dumps back a memory error. I eyeballed a few pages, but didn't see anything, so I'm asking. Playing Metal Slug 4, got just barely into it (first pair of paratrooper guys, so like BARELY in), and it locked up. Music was still rolling. I was still...
  3. malkie13

Happ Competition Joystick Issue

Finally got around to rebuilding the control panel on my Neo, and I'm super happy with it except for one tiny, but /very/ aggravating issue. I put in new Happ Competition Joysticks, and while playing (ESPECIALLY fighting games), they feel... I dunno, sloppy. They feel like the actuator (the...
  4. malkie13

Part Help! (CP Metal Frame)

I'm hoping someone here can give me a hand with this. I'm starting the cosmetic work on my cab, and I've got an oddball part that I'd like to get a replacement for: It's a aluminum frame that goes on the back of the control panel and actually rests against the monitor bezel/plexi. It...
  5. malkie13

Cabinet Restore/Rebuild Question

(My question is at the end there, feel free to skip down there if ya want) So I'm done with all (well, mostly) the electrical trickery in my cab: Re-ran all wiring and crimped, tied, etc to clean everything up. Installed buttons in the underside of the CP to 'insert coins' so I can leave the...
  6. malkie13

WG K7000 Horizontal Width

*cough, cough, wheeze* Boy, summer sure came and went, didn't it? At any rate, I still haven't gotten around to replacing my cracked-core horizontal width coil for my monitor (upright cab, 25" wgk7000 series). Grid still displays about an inch wider than the screen. The more I look in the back...
  7. malkie13

Garou MOTW Boot or Repair?

Has some sound issues. While I'm doing the clean and check chip connections dance, anyone care to chime in with their thoughts of this being a boot or a repair or what? Thanks!
  8. malkie13

MVS - SALE SALE SALE!

SALE INFO IN MY LAST POST BELOW! Starting a new thread. Cleans up some of the clutter from the last, I've taken new pictures, etc. As always, the prices I have listed are SHIPPED to the US, and I'm totally open to reasonable offers. Preference will be given to trades and people who pick up...
  9. malkie13

Sound Amp / Volume Control for Cab

I've got a 2 slot mobo in my cab. Since this will (eventually) end up at home, I really want to pop an externally accessible volume control for the speakers so I dont have to open the cab every time I want to tweak the volume. Unfortunately, any of the dual-ganged volume crontol pots I've been...
  10. malkie13

WTB / WTT R-Type Arcade Boards

I keep eyeballing Ebay, but all I've seen there is the full machine. Google searches don't bring up anything still actually for sale I'd like to get my hands on any of the three R-Types that were in arcades, so R-Type, R-Type 2, and R-Type Leo. I've got several MVS games and shockboxes I can...
  11. malkie13

Magical Drop II - Sound Glitches - Need Advice

I got my hands on a copy of MDII with some sound glitch problems (all over the place, and fairly loud too). It's legit, tried pink erasering the contacts really quick, but no change there. So I've popped the boards out and I see some flecks of... something on them. Figure I'll give the whole...
  12. malkie13

Garou MOTW Boot?

I've asked the seller for actual pics of the inside of the cart, but I haven't yet gotten a response, however, they have this picture listed: And that sure does look like a big ol eeprom hanging out in there. Thoughts?
  13. malkie13

Burning Fight

I always test my carts one last time before sending them out. I popped Burning Fight into the cab and got some graphical glitches. Figured I'd pop the case and give the contacts the ol pink eraser treatment. These are the boards inside. Seem funky to me, so I want to make sure this isn't a boot...
  14. malkie13

Replacement Cart Shells?

I've got a few carts with shells and labels that have seen better days. Is there a good place to get replacement shells from? Other than the southtown blue labels, is there any other recommended labels to use for repros? Also, any good sources for higher res label art and font? I know that...
  15. malkie13

Noob Question - SSV Story Mode?

Okay, total noobtard question, but I gotta ask. SSV, for the MVS, does it have a Story Mode or was it only on the AES? Perhaps it's only in certain regions? I'm a little confused here, and searching didn't seem to yield good info Thanks!
  16. malkie13

Monitor Horizontal Size Problem - Can't Adjust Coil

So I decided to fiddle some more with the monitor on my cab. The only real problem I'd immediately noticed was that there was some wavy distortion at the top of the screen. Tweaking the H Hold pot took care of it. At the time, however, I noticed that the hardware test grid was actually wider...
  17. malkie13

Reset button for MVS 2 Slot?

I know it's possible to soft reset when using the Unibios. Is there anyway to do so w/out it? Some odd combination that can be wired up, anything? I'm still on the fence over Unibios. It's a lot of function that I don't know I'd use. I've got it setup to be able to flip the last jumper for...
  18. malkie13

Ninja Combat

Looks a little odd, behaves a little odd too (insta-death, one of the softdip setting is spelled wrong) Board 1 Board 2 It's the solid contacts and the odd layout on the board that look odd. Maybe it's just cause it's an older cart, but I figured I'd ask. Thanks!
  19. malkie13

FS / FT MVS Games & Shockboxes!

Some super commons, some less so. My prices are based both off of the MVS Guide on this site and what I paid for the carts, with a few bucks added to go toward shipping. ALL PRICES ARE SHIPPED! Games will be shipped out UPS Ground with signature required for delivery. UPS is not the cheapest...
  20. malkie13

MV-LED Mod

Got all the bits and pieces and put together the harnesses for the pair of MV-LEDs I'll be putting into my control panel. I find myself trying to figure out how I want to stick 'em in there (the cab's an odd width, and I'm adding a few extra things like a pause button, service toggle, and...