Search results

1. S

Can you use an MVS for anything JAMMA?

Hey: I'm most likely buying a single-slot MVS next month, my question is: On a actual MVS cab, can you just remove the JAMMA harness from the board and plug it into any other JAMMA PCB and play, lickety split? Probably a dumb question, but I need to know. -SakurabaStyle
  2. S

I have questions about BURIKI-ONE!

Hey: First off, I am a Mixed Martial Arts/No Holds Barred fanatic (hence the name). I've never really given a damn about the Hyper 64, but after buying an All About SNK book over the weekend and finding out about this game, I want it. 1. What is the fighting engine like? I've seen screens of...
  3. S

AOF2: Why can I only do Supers in 2P?

Hey: We'll start with something simple: Every time I try to do Robert's big fireball super (F,B,DB,D,DF,F+A) in One Player mode, it never works either when my energy bar is flashing or when my Special meter is full. However, I do this move easily in 2P mode. What am I missing? -SakurabaStyle
  4. S

Saturn Virtual On

Hey: I have an opportunity to buy this with the Twinsticks, should I? I guess I'm most concerned about if it retains the speed of the arcade version and if the graphics are all right. If the DC Twinsticks were easier to get ahold of, I would of course buy that version, but is the Saturn version...
  5. S

It is May 30th...what is my OFFICIAL Ikaruga status?

Hey: Its after 5:00 PM on the east coast, and I have not recieved an email from NCS regarding this. I know its a lost cause, but I just want closure. -SakurabaStyle
  6. S

I don't get it.

Hey: So let me get this straight: A Debug BIOS chip will allow you to play MVS carts on your AES, and you can buy one for $20? Why, then, would anyone pay $300 for a Phantom converter? -SakurabaStyle
  7. S

Snatcher/Policenauts soundtrack

Hey: Anyone have this? I've seen copies on eBay for about ten bucks, but I'll only buy it if it has that awesome opening credits theme from Snatcher, with the sax (on the Duo version, Sega CD I don't know about). -SakurabaStyle
  8. S

Nobody ever talks about AOF 3.

Hey: One of my all-time favorite Neo games is Art of Fighting 3. I love the Ultimate K.O.'s and the "Virtua Fighter in 2D" feel it has. But I very, VERY rarely see this game brought up on the boards and it never gets mentioned in topics like "10 best Neo games EVER". Am I missing something...
  9. S

WOO-HOO new StarFox game!!!!!

Hey: Just saw this at GameSpot, looks like a new old-school StarFox for GameCube is in Namco's capable hands. The Arwing has never looked better. I can't friggin' wait. Also saw that Namco is for sure bringing SoulCalibur 2 to the GC. I really hope Namco releases a stick to go with it, or...
  10. S

Cotton 2...DAMN!!!

Hey: Picked this Saturn import up over the weekend, and it kicks major ass. Outstanding graphics, animation, and gameplay, comparable to Metal Slug stuff in the execution. A total blast, anyone else have it? -SakurabaStyle
  11. S

Good game stores in your area?

Hey: Tomorrow I am going to check out a new "hardcore" game store in south Seattle, they apparently opened recently and even ran some radio ads today, complete with the difficulty select music from FFS! I called the place and the owner claims to have Duo, import Saturn, and even AES in stock...
  12. S

Raiden games...what systems?

Hey: I love the Raiden games in the arcade, but the only console versions I know of are Raiden Project on the PSX, and Raiden on the Jaguar and TG-16. What others are there, on what consoles, and are they US/JPN? Anyone who knows, let me know... -SakurabaStyle
  13. S

Anyone solved the Biohazard clock puzzle yet?

Hey: I've tried everything, and I can't solve this one. I know Liquid Snake has it, any luck? -SakurabaStyle
  14. S

Saturn Real Bout Questions...

Hey: Is the Saturn version of Real Bout comparable to the Neo versions in terms of animation and playability? Is there any advantages/disadvantages it has vs. the Neo versions, like unlockable extras, more options, etc.? -SakurabaStyle
  15. S

Is the CDZ much better than the CD?

Hey: I owned a Neo CD prior to my AES, and got rid of it because the load times were awful and MOTW wasn't on it. I am getting rid of my AES because the cart prices are awful and I don't get what I pay for. So, my new idea to continue Neo gaming is to buy a CDZ. I have read that it loads games...
  16. S

AES Package for sale

Hey: Here is what I am selling-- *JPN Neo Geo AES, near mint w/ all hookups, 3 old-style joysticks and one controller pad *Memory card *U.S. 2020 Super Baseball, mint *JPN Fatal Fury Special, very good insert, mint cart and manual *U.S. Metal Slug 3, mint *JPN Real Bout Fatal Fury, mint insert...
  17. S

XMas is coming...will you ask for Neo stuff?

Hey: Without question, I can expect a new AES cart from my girlfriend on Christmas. What about you? Are you going to or have you in the past convinced your parents, friends, girlfriends, whoever to spend the cash on Neo Geo stuff for you for Christmas? -SakurabaStyle
  18. S

Where can I find a Phantom converter now?

Hey: Shawn evidently sold all of his overnight, and I went to the !Arcade! site (arcadesolutions.com, is that right?) and I didn't see it anywhere. Where else can I buy a Phantom-1? -SakurabaStyle
  19. S

Your favorite Metal Slug...

Hey: ...weapon (Heavy Machine Gun, etc.)? ...vehicle? ...character? ...level (in any MS game)? ...MS game? Mine are: 1. Shotgun and Super Grenade 2. ElephantSlug 3. Marco and Fio 4. Probably the (I think) 4th mission from MS2, the level that is a city and looks like Chinatown. I'm pretty sure...
  20. S

Had an AES "incident" the other night...

Hey: I had my U.S. Metal Slug 3 in, I switched my AES on and there was no sound. No opening music, no nothing. I messed with my audio cables, tried again, nothing. So I put in my JPN Real Bout and it was working fine. Put MS3 back in, it was working again and has ever since. This brings up two...