Search results

1. Skat72

WTB Neo Mr. Do, Nightmare in the Dark, Captain Tomaday

Been awhile since I picked up an MVS game. Been wanting to add these games to my collection for awhile.
  2. Skat72

FS: Two Konami Windy Cabinets

I have two Konami Windy cabs that I am parting with. The first cabinet is up and running and the second cabinet needs the monitor replaced. I have a replacement monitor that comes with the second cabinet. The replacement monitor was last tested 5 years ago. I'd prefer to sell both together, but...
  3. Skat72

WTB: Avenging Spirit, 2 on 2 open ice challenge, hit the ice, blades of steel

I am looking for an Avenging Spirit pcb, 2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge pcb, Hit the Ice pcb, and Blades of Steel pcb. Anyone have any of these lying around they want to sell?
  4. Skat72

STV Titan MOBO Problems

I have had my STV Titan mobo since June and recently have had my games start freezing. Is this a common problem for the STV? I have heard rumors that the STV mobo is finicky and has been known to crap out or cause problems. The game I have been playing is Radiant Silvergun. The freezing issue...
  5. Skat72

WTB SEGA system 16 jamma adapter

Looking for a sega system 16 to jamma adapter. If you have one to sell pm me with the price you are looking to get.
  6. Skat72

Replacing Konami Windy Monitor

I have a Konami Windy candy cab that needs a monitor. My question is, will a 29 inch Nanao be able to connect to the two Konami metal brackets, then slide right into the cab with the metal frame still on that holds the chassis and everything? My other windy doesn't have a metal frame, the...
  7. Skat72

Great Transaction feedback I owe

Not sure if I'm doing this right, lumping my last 3 transactions into one post astrodan88= like excellent, fast shipping, great communication, product even better then originally advertised! (Parodius PCB) Coryoon= Excellent transaction, great communication, fast shipping (Ibara art set) Xian...
  8. Skat72

CPS2 Art Sets

I have been searching for a bit and have been unable to find any CPS2 art sets for candy cabs. Where can I go to find these? I don't care if they are repro's. I tried looking up scans of the art sets to see about making my own repro's. Anyone know where I can find the artwork scanned and what...
  9. Skat72

Replacing Monitor in a Candy Cab

I have a Konami Windy cab that needs the monitor to be replaced. I wanted to see if anyone has had to replace a 29 inch candy cab monitor before, and if so, how hard was it? I have never done something like this before. I also was wondering if anyone knows what monitors would fit in a Windy. I...
  10. Skat72

Monitor diagonal interference

I have a WG monitor in my candy that has some diagonal interference. The interference will come and go (scrolling down, stop, then scroll up). My monitor is also a bit noisy and I am having a hard time finding where the noise is coming from. It seems like it might be from either some of the caps...
  11. Skat72

Candy Cab Monitor Question

I just got a Candy Cab and I noticed that the clear dome tube (don't know the actual parts name) in the back of the monitor has a crack in it and looks like some plastic is melted. Is this something that is going to need to be replaced? I haven't haven't turned the cab since I have gotten it. I...
  12. Skat72

Atomiswave, STV-1, and Mas Supergun

I have some questions about the Mas Supergun and using some boards with it. I read a lot about using the atomiswave through a mas supergun and have come across the issue with button mapping and the 5th button. The mas supernova I am about to get I believe was made before the atomiswave was...
  13. Skat72

U.S. cab, Sanwa parts

Just wondering how hard it is to change the buttons and sticks on an American cab to Sanwa parts. I would much prefer a candy cab, but depending on how the TGA auction turns out this might be my next resort. I have little to no experience as far as changing arcade parts, but am willing to learn...
  14. Skat72

linking candy cabs and adding buttons

I am seriously considering picking up a candy cab from the TGA auction in June and just had a few questions about their cab's and their set up. My first question is about the linking of two cabs for fighting games. Are cabs that are linked usually two seperate candy cabs, or are they special...
  15. Skat72

Any good import arcade board sites and Radiant Silvergun question

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites for buying import arcade boards. I also was curious if anyone knew which version, Arcade board or Saturn, of Radiant Silvergun is the best? I know the Saturn version has some new features, but is it arcade perfect? Are the graphics drastically...
  16. Skat72

Supergun stick mod

I might be buying my friends Mas Supernova Supergun. I would like to mod the arcade sticks that came with it and was wondering how difficult would it be to swap out the U.S. stick and buttons for Sanwa stick and buttons? I've never done anything like this and was wondering if it would be really...
  17. Skat72

LCD tv or monitor for TATE?

I am planning on getting a Japanese 360 for shmups and have been looking into the option of picking up a new lcd tv and a stand that will allow me to rotate the tv for tate mode. I have a couple of questions I wanted to see if anyone could help me with. My first question is should I get an lcd...
  18. Skat72

Candy Cab or Supergun?

I am torn between getting a candy cab and simply getting a supergun. I was curious as to how everyone else feels. What are the Pro's and Con's of each? The main thing I am worried about is the video quality on a CRT tv Vs. a monitor and what ways there are to get around this. Also, whether or...
  19. Skat72

Candy Cab Maintenance

I am looking into purchasing my first arcade cabinet. I have been looking into candy cabs and I was curious about maintenance. I have never owned an arcade cab and I was wondering what type maintenance is involved in caring for the cabinet? How hard is it to learn how to do this maintenance and...
  20. Skat72

which version of dodonpachi?

I was curious as to which version of dodonpachi is best, the Saturn or the PS1? Also, how was Dodonpachi Daioujou for PS2? Thanks for any help!