Candy Cab Monitor Question

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
I just got a Candy Cab and I noticed that the clear dome tube (don't know the actual parts name) in the back of the monitor has a crack in it and looks like some plastic is melted. Is this something that is going to need to be replaced? I haven't haven't turned the cab since I have gotten it. I did see it up and running before purchasing and the monitor looked great and everything was working fine.

Oh, and the reason why I haven't had it on since getting the cab home is because I have been cleaning it out and adding a 2 player cp (originally had a 1 player cp for vs. linking).

playboycougar

Reese. ,
I just got a Candy Cab and I noticed that the clear dome tube (don't know the actual parts name) in the back of the monitor has a crack in it and looks like some plastic is melted. Is this something that is going to need to be replaced? I haven't haven't turned the cab since I have gotten it. I did see it up and running before purchasing and the monitor looked great and everything was working fine.

Oh, and the reason why I haven't had it on since getting the cab home is because I have been cleaning it out and adding a 2 player cp (originally had a 1 player cp for vs. linking).

Did you pick the cab up at the TGA aution in Mass.? Are you talking about the fluorescent tube? If so, you should be fine not replacing it, it just lights up the marquee.

andy251203

Hardened Shock Trooper
I think he is talking about the neck of the monitor tube. If that is cracked then you have a broken tube that will need to be replaced.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
I think he is talking about the neck of the monitor tube. If that is cracked then you have a broken tube that will need to be replaced.

I found some more resources online and it does look like the Neck. It connects to the Neck Board and it has what looks like some clear plastic melted onto it (the neck) and that the cracks and cracking might be on the clear plastic and not on the neck itself. It looks like one of the wires that goes by the neck was melted to this clear plastic and that it was pulled away from it. If this is the case, does the neck get hot and do I have to worry about the plastic that is on the neck melting or causing the neck to crack? The cab was working fine at the auction, but is it safe to run the monitor like this? If I do us the monitor in this condition what is the worse that can happen?

Also if I do have to replace the tube, about how long does it take to do this and about how much does it cost to have someone do this? I have no experience with working with monitors and I know how dangerous they can be.

Did you pick the cab up at the TGA auction in Mass.?

Yeah, I did get the cab at the TGA auction. I saw that you (playboycougar) got your cab up and running. Did you have to do a major overhaul cleaning of the inside of the cab as well as remove any water from the cab? I had to completely clean out the CP, organize all the wiring on the Jamma Harness and figure out what the loose wires were for as well as remove the power supply and completely clean out the bottom of the cab. The Windy also had some plastic pockets that were still holding water.

Last edited: