Any good import arcade board sites and Radiant Silvergun question

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
I was wondering if anyone knew of any good websites for buying import arcade boards.

I also was curious if anyone knew which version, Arcade board or Saturn, of Radiant Silvergun is the best? I know the Saturn version has some new features, but is it arcade perfect? Are the graphics drastically reduced like the port of Fighting Vipers?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
excellentcom.com is pretty good but sometimes they are iffy. I only had good experiences with them.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Thanks, i just checked them out and they have exactly what I was looking for. Noe you mentioned they can be "iffy" and I was wondering how so?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nevermind, they're good. Cosmico is the iffy one.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Awesome thanks. I liked what I saw at excellent com. Also, is the site coinopexpress.com any good? They have a pretty large selection and seem to be fairly priced on some pcb's.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Awesome thanks. I liked what I saw at excellent com. Also, is the site coinopexpress.com any good? They have a pretty large selection and seem to be fairly priced on some pcb's.

They have a $200 minimum that they do NOT budge on. I once had a cart at $190 and they said no.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Thanks for the heads up, if I order from them I'll make sure my total cost is over 200.

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
As far as differences in the two versions, the Saturn version as some extra animations and videos between levels and some other fluff thrown in, but nothin all that different. Even though it's running off the CD on the Saturn they didn't even convert the music to CD audio, it's still the PCM or whatever the onboard synth is. Sounds and plays pretty much the exact same. Mind you the Saturn version has fancy menus, I think it has a level select too, but not sure on that one ATM. Pretty much the same. BTW, not having a CD soundtrack is good in this game, because the score is symphonic and changes alot (and seamlessly) in game, which would be impossible to do from the CD.

wonton2112

Kabuki Klasher
Thanks, i just checked them out and they have exactly what I was looking for. Noe you mentioned they can be "iffy" and I was wondering how so?

I second excellentcom.net Purchased Dodonpachi from them with singpost shipping, had it in 3 days. I don't recommend coinopexpress because I've never once gotten a response to any e-mails I've sent. I'm sure people have had many legitimate transactions with them, but if a company can't respond to e-mails prior to purchase, they become sketchy in my book.

Skat72

Kabuki Klasher
Thanks again, I definitely will be dealing with them. A shame to hear that about coinopexpress.