Search results

1. J

MVS Shockboxes - European Sale

In the spirit of EU reconciliation, I'm selling my MVS shockboxes. I've got 6 excellent condition balck boxes, one with a nice KOF 94 printed insert. I'm looking for £30 for the lot, inclusive of shipping in the EU. Cheers John.
  2. J

KOF MVS sale. (UK based - ship worldwide)

The lure of a Sony PSP means I'm seliing off my King Of Fighters MVS collection. Please add £3 per cart for shipping within UK, £5 for worldwide. Obviously I'll discount the shipping if buying more than one cart. KOF 95 (I've 2 of these) £10 each KOF 96 £10 Kof 98 £30 KOF 99 £25 KOF 00 £20...
  3. J

KOF 03 MVS Kit + Poster (UK)

I'm selling a mint KOF 2003 kit, with all artwork, dipsheet and move stickers. The box and cart serials match and I'll include a KOF 2003 poster as well. £85 inclusive of insured shipping within the UK. Cheers John.
  4. J

KOF 2001 unreadable options screen

I've just received a KOF 2001 MVS cart. The game plays absolutely fine in MVS mode but I have problems with the options settings on AES mode (using unibios v1.2). Basically, the menu screen is really hard to read and the options screen is completely blank. I feel the cart may be suspect :(...
  5. J

WTB - Viewpoint MVS

I'm looking for viewpoint for the MVS. Not bothered about the condition of the cart as it's for playing not displaying. Cart must be original howver - no boots. Please PM if you've got a cheap one for sale. Ta.
  6. J

KOF boot?

I've just got KOF 95 and KOF 96 from ebay. The carts were absolutely filthy so I opened them up for cleaning. I wasn't very happy with what I saw inside...... Both carts have 4 eproms on the right hand side of the top board. There's also a little wiring running from some of the chips on the...
  7. J

Custom Neo Stick

I've just finished building a custom arcade stick for a member of these boards and thought some of the other members may be interested in the outcome. It uses a Sanwa stick with convex Happ pushbuttons. Pics and details in the link below: Custom Stick Pics If anyone has any questions please...
  8. J

Has anyone go the KOF2003 Mook yet?

Considering getting the Arcadia KOF03 mook, mostly for the DVD. Has anyone got it yet? What's it contain and is it worth getting for non-japanese readers? Cheers John
  9. J

Custom Roms?

I've just bought a new MVS cart and I ran the Unibios rom check on it. It came back with 'custom' as the reference on each rom bank rather than the usual code. Does this mean it's a boot? The boards look legit (no eproms, wiring SNK branded chips etc) The game plays fine with no problems...
  10. J

Sanwa Custom Arcade Stick

I'm selling a custom made Sanwa japanes ball top arcade stick. Arcade Stick Pics The stick is the same type found in Naomi cabs such as VF4Evo and Ikaruga. The buttons are genuine Happ concave type, not cheap cloned copies. It is wired for PS1 / PS2 . Cost is $85 plus $55 shipping in the...
  11. J

Custom Arcade Stick For Sale

Custom arcade stick for sale. Fitted with a Sanwa japanese ball top stick and happ competition buttons (the japanese convex type). The Sanwa sticks are the ones used in VF4Evo and other Naomi cabs. Currently wired for Playstation2 but can be wired for Neo as well if you wish. Please see the...
  12. J

Metal Slug MVS

Original non-bootleg Metal Slug for MVS for sale. £40 including 1st class postage in the UK. Cart has a reprinted label and a mini marquee (can't confirm whether mm is original or not). Cheers John.
  13. J

Best Single Player Fighter?

Due to a complete lack of competition and the fact that I don't have time, all my games are 1 player against the CPU. Which fighter is the best to play against the CPU then? Your thoughts are welcome! [edit] As I'm not playing against another competitor "broken" games are not an issue (except...
  14. J

Supergun & Arcade Stick Pics

With help from many members of this forum I finally finished my MVS / JAMMA supergun a few weeks ago. Hopefully the link below will take anyone interested to a photo album which has a few pictures of the supergun and my controller. Supergun and controller pics The supergun has two mono...
  15. J

Short Buttons From Happ

I'm in the process of building another custom controller for my supergun. My current controller used to have a Happ Competition stick in it so the height of the joystick box was determined by the depth of the stick housing. I've subsequently installed a Sanwa ball top stick which has a...
  16. J

Cab Move Stickers

Hi, I've been looking at buying a Jamma cab to put my MVS into and I've been wondering exactly where on the machine the moves stickers that come with MVS kits are supposed to go. Do they go on the control panel, marque or side of the machine? I only ask as a lot of lot of jamma cabs don't...
  17. J

Have I broken my MVS?

I've recently been trying out a new speaker for my MV1-FZ (mono). When I turned the MVS on, no sound came out of the speaker - not even the 'pop' sound of the speaker getting any power. I first thought it must be a wire that's come loose in my supergun but the continuity of both the + and -...
  18. J

double post

edit: double post
  19. J

Poor colour on my supergun....

Hi, I finally wired up my supergun and I've got a picture and sound:buttrock: However, the colours look 'wrong'. The white has a green tinge to it and the other colours don't look as strong as I expected. I'm using a homemade cable without individual shielding (but shielded overall) and...
  20. J

Testing MVS without a cart

At last...........I'm finally at a stage to test all the wiring on my MVS supergun. I want to check that the video and audio are ok before I insert a cart. Worse case scenario, I then just blow the MVS board and not a game as well :eek: I bought my MV1-FZ off ebay a while ago and I've not...