Search results

1. J

Neo AES gear sale!! :D

Okay, I've finally thrown in the towel and am lookin' to sell off my hard earned AES bits'n pieces... Listed below is much of the items I'm offering for a start and I thought I'd post 'em here first to give the good folks on these forums first dibs before going down the eBay path. ------------...
  2. J

John_Smiths BIG 'ol MVS sale!!!

Hey again fellas! Finally got round to posting a list of my MVS bits'n pieces ;) Always happy to accept PayPal @ john_smith@internode.on.net more than prepared to work out a fair price for bundles of items including shipping! Motherboards - 1x MV-1FZ with uni-bios 2.1 (US$70) 1x MV-1F(S)...
  3. J

John_Smith's big ol' PCB sell off!!!! Tis all GOLD I tells ya!!

Hey all! Well I've have to take a good hard look at things and make some tough decisions and well, I've decided to offload most/all of my PCB stuff..... Yeah, I know, crazy talk 'n' all that, but priorities of life have come'a knockin' and I've finally caved... :crying: Anyway, I thought I'd...
  4. J

Anyone out there have a copy of Konami's 'Violent Storm' (PCB)?...

Well hey!! Barely a Tech issue, but figured it's still the best place for it. I've just got a copy of this great little side scrolling fighter, but it arrived with no EPROM cover stickers (shock, horror :kekeke: ). Now, I know I could go for the ol' faithfull black insolation tape routine, but...
  5. J

Looking to decode a Composite or S-Video signal to RGB C-Sync...

Hi all! Well as the title suggests, I'm looking for either a commercially available device or even a circuit I could build that would decode a Composite or S-Video signal back to a 15KHz RGB C-Sync signal. I'm just looking to get a little more versatility out of my stand alone Arcade monitor (as...
  6. J

SEGA System16-B audio amp question...

Hi all! I'm looking at picking up a non-working (suicided) copy of E-SWAT that has a few bit missing. I guess it was harvested after the 68k CPU battery died. missing Z80 (no problem replacing that), obviously dead suicide battery endowed 68k CPU (any ideas where I can get a standard 10MHz 68k...
  7. J

Looking to pick up an oscilloscope, opinions wanted...

Hi there all! I've been looking at possibly purchasing a reasonably priced but feature sufficient oscilloscope lately and wanted to know what the tech gurus out there recommend. Also, I'm quite confused about the MHz rating on the multitude of makes and models out there. Basically, what's gonna...
  8. J

Irem M92 EPROM stickers............

Although this is not much of a technically oriented question, I figured this was still the best place for it. I've been gathering a small collection of Irem M92 PCB's and wanted to pretty up my Japanese 'In The Hunt' and 'GeoStorm' boards by replacing damaged and missing EPROM window stickers...
  9. J

Irem M92 hardware question...

Hi all! I wondered if any of the tech gurus out there know what purpose the 3rd bank of dip-switches on Irem M92 PCBs serve? I assume they're perhaps reserved for arcade techs to access certain special trouble shooting facilities, but then again they could just be reserved for game rom boards...
  10. J

The BIGGEST, BADEST current draw on an arcade PCB???

Hi all!! Just wondering what y'all know of as the highest current draw on the 5v rail by an arcade PCB?? Just as an example, in the manuals for Capcom CPS games it says it needs a PSU with 10Amps on the 5v supply, but surely this is just a recommendation and not actually what the damn things...
  11. J

PCB Audio AMP current draw???

Hi all! As much as the "How many amps does my PCB draw in the 5v rail" question has been posed any number of times on these boards, I want to know if some tech extraordinaire can measure the current draw for the audio amp's on some of the thirstier board sets around. Not sure which ones would...
  12. J

Salamander 2 impressions????

Hey guys!! I just wanted peep's opinions of 'Salamander 2' on Konami's GX hardware as I haven't had the pleasure myself. I'm ordering a bunch of boards from a distributor at the mo and that's one of the items I'm looking at, but I've been humming'n harring about it as I've not had any...
  13. J

DataEast game 'Night Slashers'???

Hi all! Okay, to begin with, I just can’t get enough of scrolling fighters, everything from 'P.O.W.' to 'Final Fight' to 'Robo Army' to PGM 'Knights of Valour'. I've been investigating a game called 'Night Slashers' by DataEast in '93, but can't find that much on it other than a blurry few...
  14. J

Zerowing PCB question...(video added!!!)

As much as this isn't quite Neo related and it's only barely Tech Support related I still thought, as it possibly relates to a program ROM revision, it was the right place to shove this topic. I recently posted this over at shmups.com, but I thought I'd dump it here as there's just too many...
  15. J

Idea for hotting up your unsightly arcade PSU for SG use!!

It's easy to put up with nasty looking techy supergun apparatus when one starts out building this sort of stuff. Hell it may even have a certain rustic charm to it, but after a while one begins to pine for some basic aesthetic value. Thus, my idea to cover up the multitude of (visual) sins bulky...
  16. J

Question on Speaker output, MVS vs. JAMMA!!

Hey all! I'm currently nutting out some improvements and additions for my upcoming MKII version of my recent Supergun (pictured below and posted a while back) and I have a query on the amplified audio output of standard JAMMA PCB's vs. the Neo MVS multi-slots. I'm just sketching some wiring...
  17. J

PAL Megadrive I or II complete NTSC conversion question!

Hi there all! I'm in Australia and although we traditionally use the PAL standard here, we unfortunately don't have the nice compensation that is SCART RGB clarity (like the UK and Europe!) to make up for the reduced game speed and sqashed picture size. So it's basically a Composite and S-Video...
  18. J

Emerging issue on Nanao 29" CRT.....oh and a couple of other monitor questions

I've had my ex-‘Sega Rally’ Nanao 29" Dual Res CRT for a good couple of years now and as much as it has a few years on it by this stage, its been fantastic overall, though over the last, say six months it’s started to display some disconcerting signs of the aging process. It has a couple of...
  19. J

GUNBIRD2 PCB region change??

Hey thar all! I just got my hands on a nice clean copy of Gunbird2 and the JP4 jumpers are all still intact, thus the text is all in Japanese. Which of the jumpers do I break on this board revision to make it the world version? :help: PCB Rev - PS5 This is what the jumpers and nearby...
  20. J

Commando Pinout Query.

Hey thar all! I'm just playing around making up a JAMMA adapter to suit Capcom's Commando PCB and wanted to know what the "D4" & "D5" connections are for and also, are the "+12v common" connectors above the coin counters at 'z' and '22' just more ground connectors? Cheers for any help in...