Search results

1. trenton_net

WTB: 161-in-1 Cartridge with Audio Fix.

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone had a 161-in-1 cartridge that has the audio fix already applied to it. I'd buy a copy of the game myself, but I have no tools or experience to apply the audio fix, so I was hoping someone already had one they wouldn't mind parting with. If you do, please...
  2. trenton_net

WTB: Super Famicom controllers wired for DB15 use!

Hi Everyone, So I recently obtained a Supergun for a Neo Geo board, but it appears to have DB15 ports which are wired without +5v on pin 8. That means it will only work with the older style Neo Geo controllers which were passive. Does anyone have or can mod/sell Super Famicom controllers...
  3. trenton_net

Graphical Glitches - Normal in special cases?

Hi Everyone, I was playing KOF'98, and I noted that during the intro (leading up to the title screen), that on the right hand side, it seems like a black bar is drawn partly from top to bottom. I say partly, because the top part seems to be drawn, but the bottom part seems to be black. The only...
  4. trenton_net

OSSC + Omega MVS / CMVS = Results?

Hey everyone, Does anyone know if the OSSC works with an Omega MVS or CMVS well? Since I think MVS units output at a strange fps (59.1?), will it cause sync issues with the OSSC? Or for most LCD TVs for that matter? I assume most setups (Omega/CMVS) overclock the system slightly so that it...
  5. trenton_net

Neo Geo Logo sound - Diffrent on various games?

Hey everyone, I noted that on some games I have (Like Thrash Rally), the Neo Geo logo theme sounds rather shrill and tinny. Where as on some other games, it sounds a lot more rich and full. Is this totally dependent on when the actual game was made? Or is it just a matter of having a game with...
  6. trenton_net

Samurai Shodown (Sega CD) - Fatal bug real?

Hey everyone, Sorry if this has been brought up before. I've heard that the Sega CD version of Samurai Shodown has a fatal bug, where the game crashes once you make it to Amakusa Shiro Tokisada. Was this real, or was this just another case of rumors taking over fact? I don't think I remember...
  7. trenton_net

KOF difficulty level - What do most people consider fair?

Hey everyone, SNK games (KOF in particular), are well known for their cheap AI tactics (Ie. 1-frame hit counters, reacting to your button presses instantly, etc) and other shenanigans that a real person probably could never pull off. Does anyone know generally at what difficulty level the game...
  8. trenton_net

Do ports of Neo Geo games generally upscale graphics or just use native resolution?

Hi everyone, The Neo Geo has a screen resolution of 320x224. For ports of Neo Geo games on systems capable of higher resolutions, such as KOF'97 (Sega Saturn), or KOF'99 (Dreamcast), are the graphics usually upscaled with some filter added? Or do they just use native resolution usually? I know...
  9. trenton_net

Retro Game Bubble - Will it grow, decline, or finally pop?

Hey gang, Right now it seems everyone is trying to get into the "retro" game craze. Many consoles that were once cheap and easy to enjoy games on, are now being driven up in price by collectors/profiteers/resellers. It's such a shame really, since these games should be enjoyed and played! Does...
  10. trenton_net

DB15 - Any cable ok?

Hey gang, For most Supergun / Neo Geo compatable setups, they use DB15 connectors for the controller. I assume any DB15 cable would be fine for this? The reason I ask is because I see computer stores sell these cables sometimes since they were used for game ports and such. I assume even though...
  11. trenton_net

A New Challenger Has Arrived: Trenton_net

Hi Everyone, You may know me from Assembler Games, PC-Engine FX, Famicom World, Racketboy, Tototek, or even older classic video game forums, but this is the first time I've registered for neo-geo.com. I'm well known for being interested/knowledgeable with Chinese copiers, backup devices, Asian...
  12. trenton_net

WTB: Random MVS games and Reproductions!

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the following authentic MVS games: KOF'98 (Everyone says this is the best?) Crossed Swords NAM-1975 Metal Slug 2 (With slowdown patch/fix applied). I'm also looking for the following reproductions/boots Crossed Swords 2 (How much does this go for?) SNK vs Capcom...
  13. trenton_net

WTB: Any/All KOF MVS titles (except KOF 2000)

Hi everyone, I never really liked fighting games too much, but having played KOF 2000, I've become a huge fan! Now I'm looking for as many KOF games as I can find. I know a lot of the older ones are not as good (and sell for much cheaper?) but I don't care! :-) Does anyone have a collection...