DB15 - Any cable ok?

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey gang,

For most Supergun / Neo Geo compatable setups, they use DB15 connectors for the controller. I assume any DB15 cable would be fine for this? The reason I ask is because I see computer stores sell these cables sometimes since they were used for game ports and such. I assume even though those type of cables look like they're for the PC (with screws on them, etc), that they'll work perfectly fine anyway?

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Ah great. I was worried some pins might not be connected or that it might not be a 1:1 pass-through cable (Like parallel cables sometimes are).

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Damn. I wish I'd read this sooner. I have plenty of those.....
BB

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The PC ones with the screws don't work well as controller extensions because they need to be modified and the female ends aren't deep enough. Looks for the black extensions online instead.

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The PC ones with the screws don't work well as controller extensions because they need to be modified and the female ends aren't deep enough. Looks for the black extensions online instead.

Ah, thanks for the tip. I would have had no idea the female ends weren't deep enough!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Oh! I thought you were referring to the DB15 male connectors...I was under the impression you were building a Super Gun...
BB