Search results

1. bloodycelt

Kaladesh (MTG) Prerelase was fun.

Just got back. I'd recommend checking it out. It's aesthetically consistent and interesting, sort of like Innistrad (original), or Lorwyn. There's also something bad ass about gremlins riding a giant train of DOOM! Google it, go to a store, play in a pre-release or draft. :)
  2. bloodycelt

Bone cancer is a horrible way to die.

Was over a man's place watching him die. Can't sit up, straw-fed water by his daughter; hands clasping and moaning 'god no' or 'no' every fifteen minutes when lucid, and every 2-3 hours when not. Didn't know they could give morphine orally. Though he only wanted a little bit. Didn't want to...
  3. bloodycelt

Drafted Eldrich Moon (Magic) my thoughts...

Eldrich moon is part of the "Return to innistrad" theme. So, I loved the original Innistrad, it was fun to draft, every pack had cards that made me laugh my ass off, or were just plain cool and thematic. So... the original was more traditional universal movie horror schtick. And it worked...
  4. bloodycelt

Anyone ever go to the Arcade in Spring Lake (Rhode Island)

It apparently has really old antique pinball machines and penny games. I recall being there a few times, but never had any money. So the only machine that ever stuck out to me was the X-Men one. Would just stand there and watch people play until my Dad whacked me upside the head and dragged me...
  5. bloodycelt

Favorite Civilization series and civ to play?

What is your favorite Civilization game in the series? (Each one upended the table so to speak) And... this is especially relevant in later games, what civ/leader do you like to play? I actually like Civ V, well with the two expansions. It has its flaws (I miss polution, and culture nabbing...
  6. bloodycelt

Would you open up an Action Comics #1?

Something amusing to contemplate: Would you open up an Action Comics #1? Those comics are fragile as fuck, so probably not. Anybody that's actually held one and read it without any consideration of it being valuable are dead or almost dead. Consider how lucky we are that we have first hand...
  7. bloodycelt

Whats the cutoff for you.... how many high quality games does a good console make?

How many high quality games puts a console past the threshold from failure/bad to good/worth buying? For me its probably 1. I have no problem owning a single amazing game for a console system, if that game is awesome.
  8. bloodycelt

Shooters or Fighters.

So what do you prefer shooters or fighting games? Me? I prefer shooters, especially the Salamander/Life Force/Gradius kind. I feel it rewards better play with each iteration of getting my ass kicked.
  9. bloodycelt

Weekly Roundup 04-04-16

Saturn Salamander Playstation 2 Eternal Poison Playstation 3 Soul Calibur V Ridge Racer 7 WiiU Pokken Tournament
  10. bloodycelt

Favorite Strategy/Tactical Games

Shout out your favorite strategy/tactical games (incl tactical rpgs). Civilization V The AI is still annoying, but I prefer the one-unit per tile hex map to the unit stacks in previous titles. Warsong, Der Langrisser, Langrisser IV There isn't much else like these games, you get generals that...
  11. bloodycelt

Dead or Alive 5: What skills should I look at improving next?

So I've managed to get good enough with Hitomi to get up to the second to last difficulty in Arcade (working on that one presently). I'm focusing on Hitomi right now, so question: Should I keep trying to get the timing right to do counter throws, or learn other characters? Thanks.
  12. bloodycelt

Question: If a Neo-Geo CD can play CD-R, can you burn mvs or aes roms to it?

NGCD is similar to the AES right, so has anyone tried burning a AES rom to a CD-R and seeing if the NGCD will load it?
  13. bloodycelt

Last Blade ebay, boot or no boot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Last-Blade-MVS-Neo-Geo-Cart-Working-Arcade-PCB-/331789971830?hash=item4d40393176:g:6FAAAOSwDuJW0rbd I'm not too familiar with the MVS market, so not sure if LB is a common bootleg? What do you guys think? PS: This one is another I am looking at...
  14. bloodycelt

Is anyone just getting FE: Fates Conquest?

I missed out on getting the Special Edition. After reading reviews it looks like both Birthright and Revelation are going to be more like Awakening. So I went and grabbed Conquest. I figure if I really, really like it I can go and grab the DLC. So how many managed to get the SE ? How many are...
  15. bloodycelt

n00b question: WTF are these things called?

So, I'm looking at the encoder board on the Jamma-Nation PDF supergun howto. So what is this called? I also take it there is a female connector that plugs into this right? Hence if someone would please enlighten this poor n00b as to what the term for it is, so I can search the interwebs for...
  16. bloodycelt

Rot is it possible to allow unlimted editing of collection gallery posts?

In this context it seems more polite to just have everything (photos) etc on the first post so folks don't have to scroll through the comments to see updates. The time limit is understandable in every other context.
  17. bloodycelt

Weekly Roundup 01-17-16

I noticed these have been missing for the past few weeks :( Anyhow posting one now. PS3 Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Wii Virtual Console The Last Blade PS4 DOA 5: Last Round Xbox 360 Eschatos
  18. bloodycelt

How bad are the loading times for Neo Geo CDZ Last Blade 2.

Just wondering, considering the AES ver. is on ebay for around $700 and MVS ver. seems to be around $300 on ebay. While for CD I have found it as low as $50 to $120.
  19. bloodycelt

Does the 360 have good non-bullet-hell shooters (Retail)?

Everywhere I've looked in terms of 360 shooters is all about the Cave style Bullet-Hell shooters. I got a few of those (Might even get Bug Princess), but for the sake of variety wanted to know if I missed any Gradius style non-bullet hell shooters, so far I can only think of: Otomedius...
  20. bloodycelt

Random question: how much soldering is actually involved in a cmvs build?

I was reading: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/files/supergunbuild.pdf And looking at various parts it listed online. When building this, do you solder all the wires into it, or is it like a breadboard where you just stick the wires in. That's at least what the DB-15 parts seem to...