How bad are the loading times for Neo Geo CDZ Last Blade 2.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Just wondering, considering the AES ver. is on ebay for around $700 and MVS ver. seems to be around $300 on ebay. While for CD I have found it as low as $50 to $120.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Get the DC version if you are a tight wad and worried about load times.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I'd guess $100, I got mine before the shit hit for $50 shipped. $300 isn't right.

I'm not a pro on the DC version, I still have fun with it, you can get the JP version or a hacked iso if you want blood. Hell, you can run the NG cd version (cd-r) on the DC via NEO4all.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
$300 for a LB2 MVS cart is pure horseshit. It should be a sub $75 game but then again everyone is fucking insane these days.

If you already have a CDZ burn a boot and try it for yourself to see, I believe it's actually the better of the 2 on CD in terms of load times, and there are things you can turn on in the options to speed up the game by omitting intros. I have part 1 on CD and on the CDZ it's fine.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I'd guess $100, I got mine before the shit hit for $50 shipped. $300 isn't right.

I'm not a pro on the DC version, I still have fun with it, you can get the JP version or a hacked iso if you want blood. Hell, you can run the NG cd version (cd-r) on the DC via NEO4all.

Yeah I went and looked again just now (facepalm), I probably stumbled on one of the WTF auctions, and being a n00b at Neo didn't recognize it, but checking again yeah its not $300.

I thought the DC version had slowdown, stuttering issues, and some moves couldn't even be used because of that... and graphics glitches. In terms of ports its getting a PS4 port.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Isn't that version really buggy as all fucK?

i'm planning on making a thread on the dc ports of neo games. all the ports i've played seem arcade perfect and can't tell if there's any thing wrong with them. maybe some of the members here could point out the differences and down sides of the dc games.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I bought the MVS version on Ebay for 80 euros just a few months ago. Finding one below $100 shouldn't be to difficult.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
About a week ago I looked, now they have it around $120.

I'm still curious about the CD version.

I got it, but my system is a CD front loader... it's just horrible and quite boring. Loading times are long and placed in weird order:
loads
character select
loads
vs title
loads
scenario entrance
loads
character's entrance
loads
fight

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
LB2 load time
(coffee break)
character select
(email checking)
vs title
(restroom break)
scenario entrance
(update PS4 new firmware)
character's entrance
(watch Rot's dancing youtube video)
fight

fixed

p3lagic

n00b
I recently picked up last blade 2 mvs for $40 recently. You can find it if you look long enough.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Behold the 1x CD-ROM glory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afDv0TrugQo
On a CDZ, I guess it would be a bit more tolerable though.
Real cart > multicart/bootleg > MAME > NGCD > other ports

edit:
Found some CDZ footage. This is actually not bad at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7YfTPyio0s

edit 2: OK, it is bad lol. I had failed to notice that there was yet another load screen after the stage loads but before the fight starts. Running in AES mode, it takes my MVS about 30 seconds from bootup to the start of the actual fighting. On the CDZ, it takes 1:57.

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
You can turn that extra stage intro off in the options to reduce time.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
After owning all neo systems, I can tell you that the CDZ is greatly faster than the top loader.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I love the DC ports but arcade perfect they're not...

The best ports are the 240p ones, Dreamatch '99 and Evolution '99, simply 'cause they were coded specifically for the DC. The following KOFs are 480i on CRT, they play well though. MOTW suffers from discrepancies but only noticeable on top play, same goes for LB2. I still recommend DC LB2 over the NGCD, pricey for what it is, mind as well get the MVS cart, it still pretty well priced, you're looking on ebay like a noobster so perhaps you need to refine your search or dig in different places. Make a WTB thread here, some people want to unload stuff for the right price, just offer 90-100 shipped for a bare MVS cart and you'll find it.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I love the DC ports but arcade perfect they're not...

The best ports are the 240p ones, Dreamatch '99 and Evolution '99, simply 'cause they were coded specifically for the DC. The following KOFs are 480i on CRT, they play well though. MOTW suffers from discrepancies but only noticeable on top play, same goes for LB2. I still recommend DC LB2 over the NGCD, pricey for what it is, mind as well get the MVS cart, it still pretty well priced, you're looking on ebay like a noobster so perhaps you need to refine your search or dig in different places. Make a WTB thread here, some people want to unload stuff for the right price, just offer 90-100 shipped for a bare MVS cart and you'll find it.

I'm still months away from that :) Just doing research.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dude, you're overanalyzing the situation, if you know what you're doing it won't be a problem, is not like you're gonna advertise it to your landlord right?...and really, where the hell does it say you can't use a soldering gun on a lease? That's news to me, maybe they just have an overall "Don't get a grill on the porch thing" but really a soldering iron is no big deal. Some superguns are all made with barrier strips, pretty much a solderless job if you get the right parts.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Lol, no its not illegal, it might break my lease agreement, which would be bad since most apartments in the boston area use leases... and check your renting history, so if you break a lease, you can get fucked really bad trying to find a place to live.

You really are the dumbest fucking person on the planet.