Search results

1. s8n187

TOP3000 woes , won't burn and throws up errors

hi guys , i just got my EPROM's from buyicnow today and i'm attempting to make a Ironclad MVS Cart. anyways my TOP3000 is throwing up a error message when burning proto_220-c3.c3. I get the below (see attachments). Also i am getting a error with the proto_220-s1.s1 rom. I've tried both...
  2. s8n187

MiniPro Programmer , good for unibios burning ?

hi members , my TOP 3000 Programmer is not turning on (power) for some reason and i want to burn some unibios chips for my AES's. I was wondering if anyone has tried the MiniPro Programmer with success ...
  3. s8n187

Neo Geo AES , some lines on TV on bios screen halp !

hi members , i just got this AES and it seems to have a problem i will post a video below. When cold booting a Cart i get some weird lines on the left of my CRT TV. Interestingly if i press reset on the AES the problem isn't there. Seems to be from cold booting only. I found this problem...
  4. s8n187

going by serial numbers for specific AES models 100% reliable ?

i'm currently searching for AES's to buy focusing on the 3-6 model. I was wondering how accurate are the serial numbers on the bottom of the AES are to suggest it is a 3-6 ? i have tried to talk to 3 ebay stores and got no response or a reply where it seemed a language barrier problem. What i...
  5. s8n187

Neo Geo AES buying , are all able to be RGB fixed ?

hi members , i am looking to buy 3 AES's before the end of year i currently have 1 atm. What concerns me are all models ( 3-1 , 3-2 etc... ) able to be RGB fixed to get better video from them , i'm only interested in RGB Scart btw. If all are modifiable i will freely grab whatever is on...
  6. s8n187

Metal Slug 4 MVS , original or boot ?

hi members , i got this Metal Slug 4 cart recently and i think it's a boot. I want to verify if it is or not , if it is i am going to return it. chat soon
  7. s8n187

question about Neo Geo Diagnostics Cart Set on Jamma-X

hi members , i have one AES at the moment and plan for more. My current AES came up nice with Neo Geo Diagnostics bios but with future AES's i can't open them up and use it as it will void my warranty. I was wondering if i got a Neo Geo Diagnostics Cart Set from Jamma-X could that run tests...
  8. s8n187

Neo Geo AES Controller, these ok as replacements ?

hi peeps , ive seen here and there the original AES controllers for sale and some of them are cheap due to non responsive ABCD buttons. if im correct these can be relpaced with the below https://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-sw-68-button-micro-switch/ is this correct and works ? chat soon
  9. s8n187

Possible Unibios not burned correctly causing a problem

hi members , i burned a Unibios and when i play Neo Drift Out i get about 5 slowdowns through finishing the game. Especially when a another car is in the same screen. i was wondering if this is normal or my Unibios is not correctly burned. Apparently you get slowdowns or resets when the...
  10. s8n187

Metal Slug 1 , just got it and was wondering if its a a boot

hi members , i got this about a week ago and i want to check if its legit or a boot. The boards look like the ones on MVS Scans but a few things differ like on the small chips the numbers and letters are different chat soon http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5724/rMhqB0.jpg...
  11. s8n187

what do you think of this Label , original or reproduction ?

hi members , i want to buy this and i wonder what you guys think......original or reproduction Label ? i emailed the seller as well , should get an answer later today...
  12. s8n187

Real Bout Fatal Fury bug fix , burn my own ROM possible ?

hi guys , i was about to buy Real Bout Fatal Fury and noticed on MVS Cart PCB Scans site there are multiple ' bug fix ' versions out there. If i were to buy RB and it isn't the bug fix version can i use my TOP3000 Programmer and burn a ROM with the bug fix and solder it in ?
  13. s8n187

HEX Editing PS2 Neo Geo Ports to 240p , having a problem with a few titles

hi guys , im trying to convert a few Neo Geo games that have been Ported to PS2 to 240p resolution. i have done some others with success but the below are giving me problems , black screen or mashed speckled colors instead of graphics. Garou Mark of the Wolves The King of Fighters XI Neo...
  14. s8n187

i got a question regarding the Selling Section of this forum

hi guys , i was wondering if i were to see a MVS game in the ' Selling Section ' of this forum and it says Authentic or Original and when i bought it then received it its a boot can i get my money back ? chat soon
  15. s8n187

Topwin7 question for burning a unibios

hi members , im going to be getting a Top3000 USB Programmer soon so i can burn a unibios for my AES. if im correct i need to check that the chip is blank before burning the unibios on it. in the below pic of Topwin7 do i click ' Blank ' or ' Read ' ?? chat soon
  16. s8n187

Southtown inserts , buy from them or get them printed locally ?

hi members , i was wondering if i should get Inserts printed and cut by Southtown or should i find somewhere local to do it ? reason i ask is print quality and possible damage when shipped. if they ship the Shockboxes with the Insert in them and in a shipping box that would be great. chat...
  17. s8n187

will there be a successor to the 161 in 1 Cart ?

hi again members , i was wondering if you guys think there will be a successor to the 161 in 1 Cart ? there are a handful of titles that arent on the 161 that are fabulous. most of the missing great games are on the 138 in 1 which is discontinued so im hoping are successor is released...
  18. s8n187

Daedalus , 161 in 1 Cart resetting with Neo Drift Out

hi members i got a problem........... i bought a Daedalus and a 161 in 1 Cart , when i play Neo Drift Out about 2-3 minutes later the game resets. I have played without a reset twice and the other 4 times the game reset. when i first played the game there was a GFX glitch when i finish a...
  19. s8n187

burn a MVS rom with a TOP3000 ..... possible ?

hi members , im going to buy a TOP3000 USB Programmer so i can burn my own Unibios for my Neo Geo AES. I was wondering if i had a MVS cart where one of the roms went bad could i burn my own with the TOP3000 ? btw i plan on buying a Daedalus Converter .............
  20. s8n187

xxx in 1 MVS carts , which to get

hi members , im looking to get one of xxx in 1 MVS carts and i was wondering which to get