i got a question regarding the Selling Section of this forum

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi guys , i was wondering if i were to see a MVS game in the ' Selling Section ' of this forum and it says Authentic or Original and when i bought it then received it its a boot

can i get my money back ?

chat soon

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
if you use paypal and not a gift payment, for sure...also if someone gets labeled a scammer with proof_ here is not a good place for them?

of course you could be accused of having the boot boards already and sellers rep might still trump yours? only buy from board pic providers? I would lean toward you not getting all the support, for not posting tons and having a sort of sketchy screenname?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Let's clarify. You bought a game listed as legit and you got a boot from a seller here. Link to the sale please?

s8n187

Quiz Detective
i havent bought anything from Neo-Geo.com before , im preparing to if all goes well with a unibios mod i should be doing next week. I did buy 2 of those 161 carts from Paradise Arcade Shop and they reset when i play Neo Drift Out , so im going down the AES>Daedalus>MVS route.

yes my screen name may look not so great but im honest , there are a few guys from Racketboy forums who are members here and i have over 700 posts/threads there. So im new here but have a reputation on other forums the guys from Racketboy who are members here too will vouch im a top bloke.

i dont want to bother sellers on this forum for PCB photos as it will be a PITA for them , im thinking if a person has 200+ posts i can trust them ? or theres a reputable sellers list on this fourm somewhere ?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
We don't fuck around on here. If there's a boot it's clearly labelled as such.

Nobody on here should have a problem taking pics of the boards if you're worried about it.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
We don't fuck around on here. If there's a boot it's clearly labelled as such.

Nobody on here should have a problem taking pics of the boards if you're worried about it.

^^ This. 1000% Also, welcome aboard the AES/Converter combo train! Best of both worlds. I use a Magic Key, myself. But a Multicart is a -great- way to jumpstart your collection and get you playing. And to help you get an idea to what games are worth their price to you.

s8n187

Quiz Detective
thats great news skate and Danthor im pretty confident now..............

my plan was to start off with 161's but they both were buggy ( resetting ) just yesterday mum posted them back to Hawaii im hoping i dont have any troubles in a refund as you guys may know the PCB's are a little wide and i used the Dremel to take a millimeter off each side of the connector the tamper stickers are still untouched.

what do you think im going to have troubles getting a refund ? based on using the Dremel to sand back a 1mm on the connector.............

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
1) It sounded like this sale already happened

2) Use capital letters

3) Why are you asking us?

4) Your username

Everyone else knows what 5 is.

All are related. You need to work on your communication skills.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
can i get my money back ?

9219f75df13229a9192e0dc235a8308ab1511bab405497fa7bd05ea41aa3130d_zpsa6wwejyr.jpg

s8n187

Quiz Detective
cant say i appreciate that response ForeverSublime , it makes me out something that im not and theres some aggression also which i dont like

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Bro, use the feedback system. Don't just read the number of feedbacks, but also what members actually said. Also, post count to feedback ratio is important. (if the numbers are too close, you have a flipper).

The way it goes on this site, everything is laid out in front for all to see. If it's a boot, its priced as such and stated to be a boot. If you ask for board pics, the seller PM's you board pics or they put it in the post. If they give you shit about authenticity of Neo stuff, then don't bother. The crowd will weed them out soon enough.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
So you bought a multicart that you somehow thought was authentic, took a rotary tool to it, and now want a refund because it has glitches?

On the bright side, thanks for posting this thread. Please rename it "Dealing with Noobs: A Cautionary Tale"

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i think he might be speaking in a hypothetical sense as to what may occur if this situation arises? but i as well am a bit lost as to if this deal ever actually occurred or if he thinks a multicart should be legit somehow. poofta poofta poofta.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
With 42 posts in a year, why would this guy even have to worry about marketplace access?

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi guys i want to clear some stuff up as theres some confusion , i did start the Thread asking for some advice skate and Danthor cleared that up for me. I then asked for some advice on the 2 161 carts i bought from Paradise Arcade Shop last year.

i got a few negative responses and felt terrible , but there were a few people with some positive responses which is really great.

simply im trying to get into Neo Geo hardware and wanted some advice from members , sure i dont have many posts but thats normal for someone starting out

chat soon

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Take some lessons from this -

Want a multi cart?
Multi carts are never 100% guaranteed, all have buggy games in one way or another, especially running through converters. If you have been through 2 multi carts from Paradise, both with the same issue, I'm guessing that's just the way it is everywhere, or its your setup, or you got sloppy with the dremel and jacked it up. I've seen converters have issues if there's not enough power to your system, maybe check there after you research other common issues.

Want original legit boards for other games?
If you are buying carts here, ebay, flea market, whatever... Look at the boards if you don't trust the person or don't want to risk it. Especially for higher priced MVS games, people will usually have no problem taking a few pics. It's super easy.

Want good advice from the community here?
Work on your communication skills so you don't confuse the fuck out of everyone and look like a jackass. Jackasses get donkey punched here.

Speaking of jackass...
I hope you didn't just say you bought 2 multiccarts from Paradise last year, dremeled the board edges, and finally now sent em back for a refund without contacting Paradise? Or telling them you modified the boards? :oh_no:

just yesterday mum posted them back to Hawaii im hoping i dont have any troubles in a refund as you guys may know the PCB's are a little wide and i used the Dremel to take a millimeter off each side of the connector the tamper stickers are still untouched.

what do you think im going to have troubles getting a refund ? based on using the Dremel to sand back a 1mm on the connector.............

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Multicarts can be glitchy, especially when using them on an AES with a converter.

Will Paradise Arcade Shop give you your money back? Maybe, or maybe not. Good luck either way.

On a side note, become part of the community before trying to buy/sell anything here. You shouldnt have any issues with anyone here selling boots unless otherwise noted. But always take the necessary precautions when making purchases. Mainly, never pay "paypal gift" unless you dont care either way.

We've had 'reputable' members turn to shit, and we've had noobs provide some amazing deals.

Reputation here shouldn't be viewed as anything more than someone trying to be part of the community.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
> join date may 2014
> thinks he's hot shit and knows how this place works

How about you fuck off instead? Sega-16 if possible.

s8n187

Quiz Detective
thanks for the tips Reclaimer and Niko , when i got my 161 and Daeadlus i noticed the 161 had a too wide edge on the connector and thought if i force this in and out of the Daedalus im going to crack one of the solder joints.

i also saw a Youtube video where someone had filed the edges on the 161 so i thought it was the norm...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kTwr1sQ7XU

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hello there antipodes buddy.

It's always a good idea to not manipulate items: if the multicarts/carts/whatever is not working properly on arrival, contact seller first; do not try to youtube it and try to fix it, maybe those glitches are not fails but features.

Also, make a presentation in the proper way, if the pic in your avatar is yours then you have yummy things to show.