Topwin7 question for burning a unibios

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi members , im going to be getting a Top3000 USB Programmer soon so i can burn a unibios for my AES.

if im correct i need to check that the chip is blank before burning the unibios on it.

in the below pic of Topwin7 do i click ' Blank ' or ' Read ' ??

chat soon

7v84hm.jpg

mikey

Marked Wolf
Click Blank to verify that the eprom is blank. Read allows you to read the data on the rom and save it as a file on your computer.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
No need to tick the box marked blank, just write+verify. You will want to use an EPROM eraser to blank the chip before inserting it into the top3000.

You would use 'read' to back up the existing contents of a chip that has not been blanked.

s8n187

Quiz Detective
thanks for the info guys..................

im thinking ill pass on the eraser but what is the likeliness the EPROM's will not be blank when i get them ?

mikey

Marked Wolf
Depends on where you got the eprom's from. If you buy from a place like buyicnow, you're usually good to go. I would get an eraser though, eprom programming can be tedious at times if you get write errors or something. Personally, I think a programmer and an eraser go hand in hand. You might look back and kick yourself for assuming you don't need one. Plus they're very cheap.

s8n187

Quiz Detective
roger that mikey , im gonna have a cool shower and search for one after that...............damn summer

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You need a eprom eraser, even if it's just a cheap Chinese thing. I'd say about ten percent of "new" chips I get still need to be erased.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
and like Mikey said, writing isn't 100%. Sometimes you need to adjust write speeds regardless of the presets for a specific EPROM.

s8n187

Quiz Detective
nice info Gohan and Replica , i did buy one a couple of days ago it should ship soon

thanks again for the tips