Search results

1. The Auction Sniper

Would AES Re-releases be a good thing?

Considering how rare (and expensive) some games are, would it be a good idea for Playmore to relrelease some of the older titles? I sure would love to own Metal Slug on AES, but sadly it was run in a very limited production. Then there is the 'downside' to this - unlike many other consoles...
  2. The Auction Sniper

ANd so the Neo Geo hardware survives another record year....

Just think... the Neo Geo hardware turns 14 next year - and will bet the 10th anniversary of the KOF series.... But just what is it that keeps the system alive? The fanbase surrounding it like a cult following? Great arcade sales? or the developers loyalty to the system?
  3. The Auction Sniper

Anyone use a LCD projector for gaming?

I've been thinking of buying a projector box to play games on the huge blank wall in my bedroom. Would anyone have any tips on what features to look for in a projector? and what about replacement lamps? I've heard they sell for prices up to $400! is there a cheaper way to replace the lamp...
  4. The Auction Sniper

Herm, would it be possible to make a JAMMA PC cabinet?

I've recently been thinking how neat a Counterstrike cabinet would be - two analog joysticks with buttons (like the Atari arcade FPS 'War"), and a PC inside, primed to load CS on startup. I don't suppose there are any pages out there on these sort of projects. The closest think I heard of was...
  5. The Auction Sniper

Sucked in to all Nvidia video card owners...

That is if you plan on buying Halo and Half Life 2... <a href="http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1862" target="_blank">http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1862</a> Looks like an ATi card is the way to go after reading that.... and I only got a GX FXU5600 a week ago...
  6. The Auction Sniper

Where to get Neo Geo Midis?

I'm looking for some Neo Geo Midi's (Want to use them as ringtones on my Nokia 7210 mobile phone). I tried out <a href="http://www.vgmusic.com" target="_blank">vgmusic.com</a> but they bareley have anything besides the Fatal Fury and KOF games. I've been looking mostly for tracks from Savage...
  7. The Auction Sniper

Why is ROTD so cheap on MVS?

Seriously, the game came out only a year ago, and the price on new kits has avalanched - it costs even less than some of the older KOF games! Did it do so bad in the arcades that retailers slashed the price or is there another reason? Just curious because I'm considering picking up a kit @...
  8. The Auction Sniper

Wanted: Various MVS carts + Marquees

Getting back to the MVS scene, and now I need some games! I'm Looking for the following MVS games - Must be originals, with minty/excellent stickers (no rips, pen marks, or 'faked' labels), and original mini marquee. Prefer Japanese carts, but English will do. -Viewpoint -Mahjong Bakatonosama...
  9. The Auction Sniper

Anyone got a video game system in their car?

Just wondering, as I plan to put one in my car (Getting an 8 seater stretch limo - only need $8000 more to go). What systems would go great for portable tv gaming? I was thinking of a Sega CDX (Genesis, 32x and SCD gaming on the go!) or a Gamecube, but there is one question that still puzzles...
  10. The Auction Sniper

Why did the Sega Saturn fail in the US?

Just why did this great system fail in the US and Europe? There were so many great games made in Japan that were never released outside that territory - they could have saved the system. It did better than the N64 in Japan, but it was killed off in the US and Europe in 1997. Now before you...
  11. The Auction Sniper

I think I was scammed... how do I get my money back?

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3230004812" target="_blank">MVS ebay auction</a> Almost two months and I haven't recieved this item. Although it is not shown, I made a payment through Paypal (I did not use the checkout feature, but I have the receipt in my paypal...
  12. The Auction Sniper

What are decent Mega-Cd games?

No wonder the Mega Cd died a slow death - it lacked a great variety of interesting titles! Sure Earnest Evans and Heavy Nova have great music - but the gameplay is terrible in those games. Apart from Final Fight CD and Sonic CD, it seems that nothing much else is worth collecting. THe US...
  13. The Auction Sniper

Do you use complete teams, or make your own?

Honestly, I can say that I very rarley mix and match players from different teams. If I choose Kyo, I will choose the rest of his crew, not team him up with Iori (it just feels wierd having two bitter enemies cheering for eachother from the sidelines). And then of course, you get a poor ending...
  14. The Auction Sniper

Image Request: Ed's sig pics

They were really cool, and as a tribute to him, I'd be honoured to host it and use it in my sig space until he returns. I scoured through the past posts and found some links, but they were dead. So I was hoping someone might have it saved on their computer? It might still be there - in your...
  15. The Auction Sniper

Do you hope for a new 'star' character for KOF '03?

First it was all about Kyo, then K' steals the spotlight - who's next? No doubt another male teenager with flaming moves....? <small>[ August 03, 2003, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: The Auction Sniper ]</small>
  16. The Auction Sniper

Game announcers that yammer on and on and on...

I haven't played SvC yet... (We always get games last here) but I'd like to know: does it have an irritating announcer? Looking at CvS2, MvC2, SFIII Third Strike, and Real Bout Special they have one thing in common: annoying announcers! The guy in CvS2 must be intentionally annoyng to...
  17. The Auction Sniper

Why aren't they going to call it Samurai Spirits 5?

Unless of course it takes place BEFORE the first game, why do they do this? They seem happy enough to churn out Metal Slug 5.... It doesn't make sense why developers decide not to number their games after a 3rd sequel. Look at Street Fighter: They finally burst the bubble after Street...
  18. The Auction Sniper

No sound in MVS mode?

I've had a modded AES home system for a while now, and strangley I have one small problem. Not that it's really necessary, but when I switch games to MVS mode, there is no sound during demonstration mode. Even if I go into the dipswitch menu and turn it on, it sitll doesn't play..... Can this...
  19. The Auction Sniper

How 'bout adding some Neo Geo CD pics in the Cart pics section?

Hmmm.... we have all the AES carts there, but why not anything on the CD games? There were as many CD games as cart ones..... Some of the CD games even have artwork that isn't seen on the cart versions (Kizuna Encounter). Heck, I'd put in a format myself - if I had a digital camera, and some...
  20. The Auction Sniper

My right eye is twitching

I don't know why, but today my right eye seems to be slightly twitching. I'm not sure why, but i hope it's nothing permanent. This ever happen to any of you?