Anyone got a video game system in their car?

The Auction Sniper

Host for Orochi
Just wondering, as I plan to put one in my car (Getting an 8 seater stretch limo - only need $8000 more to go).

What systems would go great for portable tv gaming? I was thinking of a Sega CDX (Genesis, 32x and SCD gaming on the go!) or a Gamecube, but there is one question that still puzzles me:

How am I going to source the power for these systems? Would I need to get a special power block unit? or get a device to eat enery from my cars battery (that would bite though).

Anyone had this problem?

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I think it was either Frame Gride or Neo Geo 2 who had a AES in his car. To use households electronics in your car you need a DC->AC adaptor, it plugs into your cigarette socket and gives you 1 or 2 outlets (usually). Some of them are really nifty and can jumpstart your car. How I know this, I do not know.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
I ran a ps2 and a 13 inch tv from chicago to south padre, tx and back. Using a powre inverter. You can find one at any electronice store(best buy, radio shack, circuit city) you can hook it up to the cigarette lighter or install it directly to the car battery. It really did not drain my car batterry too much. just make sure it is only in use when the car is on. They usually run around $150.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i've had my snes set up in my mom's van, but that was only for vacation and i didn't play it that much but it was still kinda cool to have.

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
My Friend has a PS2 in his glove box. I use his DVD screen to play games...

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
That was me who had the neo in my car

go <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=008778#000000" target="_blank">here</a> for pics

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
ajk1080:
I ran a ps2 and a 13 inch tv from chicago to south padre, tx and back. Using a powre inverter. You can find one at any electronice store(best buy, radio shack, circuit city) you can hook it up to the cigarette lighter or install it directly to the car battery. It really did not drain my car batterry too much. just make sure it is only in use when the car is on. They usually run around $150.
Did the same thing on roadtrips to anime conventions in Illinois, Maryland, Texas, Colorado, and Washington. Used it to play videogames that way a few times, but we usually used it to watch GEAR Fighter Dendoh and Yuushaou Gaogaigar anime DVDs while driving (great way to stay awake -- glancing over at the screen periodically and translating/summarizing dialogue into English -- I just have to make sure my glances don't last more than a few seconds (especially on the highway between Grand Junction and Denver, Colorado)).

--Chris

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Hehe. Well the Genesis is really easy. Just get a Nomad. I use one in the car sometimes. Mainly since you can use a standard sized Car adaptor that fits the Nomad jack and you're golden. :)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
neo-geo 2:
That was me who had the neo in my car

go <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=008778#000000" target="_blank">here</a> for pics
Heh i remember that thread. Hey just ouf of curiousity what kind/brand of monitor do you have hooked up to your neo in your car?

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
What do you want a limo for? Are you going to rent it out to people? Or are you just wanting to drive around in it.

Below The Radar

B. Jenet's Firstmate
When I was at Otakon, our roomate that brought his S-Video modded AES to our hotel room, he had one of those prototype Gamecube mobile screens, cuz the hotel's TV had no hookups. And he could hook anything up to it.

ray_7

i had too many GCs and at one point thinking of putting one in my car.