Search results

1. Mercuttio

If Sapphire wasn't so stupid-expensive, where would it fall on the scale of PCE Shmups?

I've really enjoyed Sapphire, but it seems to be one of the most divisive shooting games on the PCE. Shallow, perhaps, but a fascinating window into what the Arcade Card could have been. Is it possible to remove price / bootleg-weirdness issues from the discussion and see it for what it...
  2. Mercuttio

Donation: A Broken SCART Switcher from the UK

Hey all, A buddy of mine in Scotland sent me a Silverscreen Trilogy recently, but the damned thing just won't work properly. I've tried a stepping transformer for the power, but still had no luck. I'm happy to donate this unit to someone who can make it work, and possibly use it to create a...
  3. Mercuttio

Waku Waku 7 Saturn

Given the price and rarity of the WW7 MVS cartridge, is the Saturn version REALLY that bad for around $30, including the RAM cart? I've read about the loads and slowdown, but does it hamper gameplay to a degree where I'll hate it?
  4. Mercuttio

Why is the PS4 UI / OS / Whatever so god damned terrible?

I haven't logged into my PS4 in a while, but I knew there was an update to the OS and figured that they'd do something to add a little bit of usability. It's exactly the same. I still can't pin stuff. It's still a long list of recently used things. I still have to scroll to the far right to see...
  5. Mercuttio

WTB: Selecty 21 by Micomsoft

Hello! Do you find yourself with too many Selecty 21 units? Would you like to have fewer? Would you like ME to have one, possibly for money and or trades? If so, contact me!
  6. Mercuttio

WTB: Last Blade 2 MVS

Hello! I really need to find a copy of Last Blade 2 for my MVS. Let me know if you've got one!
  7. Mercuttio

Samurai Shodown II (Shin Samurai Spirits) MVS

Got a huge batch of games from Japan recently, and didn't notice until it hit my desk that this is actually SHIN Samurai Spirits (Samurai Shodown II), and not the first game. I've already got it, so up for sale it goes! This is the Japanese MVS version, and appears to have been repaired at...
  8. Mercuttio

Metal Slug 2 vs Metal Slug X

I recently picked up Metal Slug 2 on the cheap with a bunch of other Japanese MVS carts on YAJ. While I'd been holding out for a copy of X or 3 on the cheap, the deal was too good to pass up. I've been told up and down that X is the superior game due to the lack of slowdown, but I've recently...
  9. Mercuttio

WANT TO BUY: Metal Slug 1, X, 3 MVS

WANT TO BUY: Metal Slug 1, X, 3 MVS Looking to pick up any of these three Metal Slugs. Reasonable condition, no boots. I don't care about serials or kits; just want to play the game. Let me know!
  10. Mercuttio

WANT TO BUY: Metal Slug 1, X, 3

Looking to pick up any of these three Metal Slugs. Reasonable condition, no boots. I don't care about serials or kits; just want to play the game. Let me know!
  11. Mercuttio

FS: MVS Multicart, 100 in 1

Here's a 100 in 1 Multicart for $55, shipped. The labels (which were only taped on) aren't there, but it's pretty self explanatory. Hold Start for 5 seconds, and you're right back to the selection menu. Works perfectly! AND NOW FOR THE PICTURES
  12. Mercuttio

FS: xRGB Mini FRAMEMEISTER

Hey folks! I ended up not needing the xRGB in my arcade setup; apparently Toshiba really gave a shit about upscalers when they made the monitor I'm using. The xRGB mini ended up not getting along with my monitors (which switch source when the mini swaps signal type), so I've really got no use...
  13. Mercuttio

xRGB losing signal at certain menus, then re-connecting

So here's an oddity about the XRGB right now though, with my Saturn. While I'm waiting for my RGB connector to come, I'm using S-Video. In some games (only Sonic Jam and Dracula X SOTN so far) it will lose output sync to the monitor when going to a menu screen. It seems to happen with both...
  14. Mercuttio

Sega Astro City Bezel! TAKE A GANDER.

So here's a weird one. In my quest to eventually build the perfect arcade stick, I ended up importing this guy from Japan. So what are you going to do with it? Here are a few ideas: Use it in conjunction with a Sanwa Astro Panel either old or new! Use it to repair the part on your Astro...
  15. Mercuttio

AES Original SNK Sticks with Seimitsu buttons + all original parts too

Hey folks! I have for sale two Neo Geo AES joysticks. They've been modified with Seimitsu 24mm screw-in buttons, as the original buttons were total rubbish. I've also swapped the ball-tops with Seimitsu bubble balls; blue for 2UP and red for 1UP. If you have a burning desire to return these...
  16. Mercuttio

Diary and log of an Astro City Joystick build

Hello, I love arcade sticks. I love them probably more than I should, given that I'm not really a "great" at fighting games; I can hold my own in a few but I've got a long way to go. I've built a few simple Paewang / Cthulhu sticks in the past; both cheap Hori and kind of less cheap Madcatz...
  17. Mercuttio

WTB: Sega Astro City Control panel Bezel

Hey folks! I'm looking for this part: I've been contacting all the major parts suppliers I can find in the UK, USA, and Asia, but haven't found one yet. Does anyone around here know of a good place to find one, or have one lying around? Poor cosmetic condition is fine, I'm ready to spruce...
  18. Mercuttio

Odd looking Puzzle Bobble boards

So I just picked up a Puzzle Bobble MVS cart on eBay for $10. It certainly looks good from the outside, and seems to have never been opened, but I've never seen anything like the inside. It SORT of matches boards on the gotwalls MVS scan site, but also seems vaguely bootleg given the odd ROMS...
  19. Mercuttio

Sound cutting out or not working on MVS cartridge

So I recently picked up a SNK-G white copy of Samurai Shodown IV on eBay. Unfortunately, it seems like there's something majorly wrong with the sound. 1 out of 3 times, the sound will work from the start. If the sound does work at the start, it will frequently cut out after a little while...