Search results

1. bacteria

Video problems - please help!

Ok, wired up 4 x 7805's onto a large heatsink for the 5v from a 12v supply. Tested the voltages when the NeoGeo board is on and voltages are fine. Using diagram: Wired ground to pin 1 and 28; 5v to pin 3, 12v to pin 6, audio to 10 and L, red (RGB) to 12, green (RGB) to N, blue (RGB) to 13...
  2. bacteria

Help please - getting garbled graphics

Ok, thought i'd see if my MVS-1B single slot NeoGeo MVS board worked. I understand from the manual that this board is rated at 3 amps at 5v and 1 amp at 12v; so to power the system i'm using a power supply from mains that outputs 4.16 amps at 12v, taking the 12v line directly to the NeoGeo and...
  3. bacteria

Where can you buy replacement cart slots?

The cart slots (ie the two layers of pins that take the game cart and connect the game cart to the motherboard) are very long as we all know on the NeoGeo MVS board (120 pins each section, totalling 240 connections between the two layers). I'm wondering if there is somewhere I can buy...
  4. bacteria

Multi carts

How good are the "X in one" MVS carts; i've heard you get some audio issues in some of the games, and slowdowns too - is this right, or are they as good as playing individual MVS game carts? If they aren't, begs the question of "why bother". Which is the best multi MVS cart to get if there are...
  5. bacteria

Howdy from Bac

I'm a keen video game console modder, reason I signed up here is the next part of my many in one console system using original hardware boards (Alpha Omega project) will be the NeoGeo MVS single cart board. I'm going to have to relocate that massive game cart port and the connectors between the...