Where can you buy replacement cart slots?

bacteria

n00b
The cart slots (ie the two layers of pins that take the game cart and connect the game cart to the motherboard) are very long as we all know on the NeoGeo MVS board (120 pins each section, totalling 240 connections between the two layers). I'm wondering if there is somewhere I can buy replacement cart slots from that's cheap? Desoldering the existing ones from the board would be risky and liable to fail. I can always get a multi-cart and solder the connections directly to the game cart but having replacement cart slots would be a good alternative. I'm in the UK by the way.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
bump.

if there's an answer for this then it would be here.. I might have tried the technical help sub-topic instead of general.

BTW - I've been following your project on racketboy and it's pretty badass.

bacteria

n00b
Thanks!

Other option on the game cart ports is if someone has a dead board that isn't worth anything to them and they're happy to part with the section required. I could remove the ports that way one way or another from the boards and use them, relocated.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
You might want to pm Xian Xi or channelmaniac and see if they have any, since they're doing repairs they might have a stash.

bacteria

n00b
Thanks, sent them a PM. It would be certainly nice to have the cart ports, but if not, ok.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I can pull one from a parts board but that's about it. I don't know anywhere that sells new ones.