Final predictions: Mayweather vs McGregor

How does the fight end?

• Mayweather by decision

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Mayweather by KO

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Mayweather by TKO (ref stoppage, corner stoppage, etc)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Mayweather by DQ

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • McGregor (pick this if you are dumb)

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
yX9DGci.png

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Floyd just toyed with him. Like a cat with a half dead mouse.

In the first few rounds all my friends thought McGregor was actually going to win.

Floyd was just standing there in his guard; barely even bothered to dodge anything, except when McGregor kept trying that hammerfist to the back of the head bullshit.

Even elite MMA guys don't have the cardio for boxing. McGregor could barely stand up halfway through the ninth.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
That lasted longer than most people predicted.
Clearly Mayweather is the better boxer, but would get his ass handed to him anywhere else than a boxing ring.

nuff said.

What a copout argument.
This was boxing not fighting
McGreggor stepped up to Mayweather not the other way around.
It's like having a soccer team beat an american football team at soccer and you saying that if they could use their hands the latter would have won.

Btw Earthquake, Mayweather came back out of retirement to fight McGreggor so..
He didn't break a sweat and took that easy money home unscathed.
What did anyone expect? McGreggor's punches where ridiculous and a bad overall gameplan.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Floyd just toyed with him. Like a cat with a half dead mouse.

In the first few rounds all my friends thought McGregor was actually going to win.

Floyd was just standing there in his guard; barely even bothered to dodge anything, except when McGregor kept trying that hammerfist to the back of the head bullshit.

Even elite MMA guys don't have the cardio for boxing. McGregor could barely stand up halfway through the ninth and he threw less than half the power punches that Floyd did.

Mayweather did toy with him, and when it got to that point, McGregor was done. He didn't have the stamina, or a response to the speed. It must really fuck with your head when the power punches start landing out of no where, and you can't stop them

Do you think McGregor will ever fight again?

If he does, the UFC will need to back up the Brinks truck, because Mayweather taught him a lesson both inside and outside the ring. McGregor knows he can out sell events, and if he fights again for the UFC he will definately use what he learned behind the scenes to negotiate a major payday.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
It was like a role reversal for Mayweather. He became the pursuer in the fight. Usually he's the one backing off. And the change to 8 ounce gloves defo suited him to get that extra pop.

I'm not surprised he got caught with more shots than he usually does. Again, because he was the aggressor here.

You could see this as CM doing much better than was realistically expected (as I do) or that he got whipped by 40 year old Mayweather coming off a 2 year layoff and then so imagine what a 32 year Floyd, what Canelo or GGG would have done to him.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It was like a role reversal for Mayweather. He became the pursuer in the fight. Usually he's the one backing off. And the change to 8 ounce gloves defo suited him to get that extra pop.

I'm not surprised he got caught with more shots than he usually does. Again, because he was the aggressor here.

You could see this as CM doing much better than was realistically expected (as I do) or that he got whipped by 40 year old Mayweather coming off a 2 year layoff and then so imagine what a 32 year Floyd, what Canelo or GGG would have done to him.

I agree. Speaking of Canelo and Triple G. Now that's a real boxing match I'm looking forward to watching.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I agree. Speaking of Canelo and Triple G. Now that's a real boxing match I'm looking forward to watching.

Oh yeah. Should be great.

There was a good one at about the same time as the Mayweather fight last night. Miguel Cotto was up against this Japanese guy. I can't recall the dudes name now. Cotto pitched a shutout but that other guy was as game as they come. He took some hellacious shots during the fight but just ate them up like a pacman video game and just continued pressing forward. Tough hombre!

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Oh yeah. Should be great.

There was a good one at about the same time as the Mayweather fight last night. Miguel Cotto was up against this Japanese guy. I can't recall the dudes name now. Cotto pitched a shutout but that other guy was as game as they come. He took some hellacious shots during the fight but just ate them up like a pacman video game and just continued pressing forward. Tough hombre!

That was a pretty good fight.
The Japanese fighter hit Cotto on more than a few occasions, but didn't seem to have power.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate

Triple G vs Canelo should be a good fight, but the week before there will be a great fight.

Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Srisaket Rungvisai, it will be shown on HBO.

Chocolatito was 47-0, when he faced Ringvisai, and sadly 47-1 after. He was robbed, and should have easily won by 3-4 rounds. He will bounce back and destroy the Thai boxer on the 9th.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Triple G vs Canelo should be a good fight, but the week before there will be a great fight.

Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez vs Srisaket Rungvisai, it will be shown on HBO.

Chocolatito was 47-0, when he faced Ringvisai, and sadly 47-1 after. He was robbed, and should have easily won by 3-4 rounds. He will bounce back and destroy the Thai boxer on the 9th.

I can't get exited about Chocolatito. Technically he has few if any equals. But he bores me.
Going to watch the Cotto fight. Both good fighters so should be good.
Canelo GGG promises big things as both these cats are tough as nails and have the attitude to back it up, no letting up, mexician style boxing.
Welter and Middle is where it's at and been at for a decade and more. Wish heavyweight was like it was years back but no. Boxing isn't what it used to be. Too many fighters cherry picking their fights and very few competitive matches come about.
As an Argentine we've had a decent run these past few years. Loved seeing Maravilla when he was in his prime. Maidana take on Broner was brilliant.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Maidana take on Broner was brilliant.

That was sweet. For a large stretch of that fight Chino really did a number on that guy.

Getting back to last nights fight. I only just now saw the in-ring post-fight interview.

When the fight got stopped Conor said they should have let him continue, let him finish the round.
You can't go a full minute without punching and be assaulted for that whole minute straight and expect the ref to not stop the fight.

He said "I should have been allowed to go out on my back". Buddy they'll let you go out on your back. Throw a punch or two and the ref wont stop it. You would've gone out on your back.
If he had thrown a few shots in that last minute Robert Byrd would not likely have stopped that fight and he would have gone out on his back. He chose not to go out that way by not punching back.

That's the thing about a live bout on TV. You can't edit the video like he most probably edited the sparring to look good against Malignaggi. It's there for all to see. lol

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Agreed. It was becoming dangerous for McGreggor. But it's only natural due to pride and showmanship that he would say such a thing. All in all though, he was very respectful and that's the mark of a good fighter imo.

Just watched the Cotto fight and wow, that was something. Big brass balls all in all. Cotto is such a complete boxer, I really like how he works. Kamegai as I say, huge balls and excellent template. Both very well prepared for the fight, they still had it together in the 12th.

On the big fight GGG Canelo, I personally think that if Golovkin is in shape, it's very hard to think he can lose. He has an temperament and a killer punch. Canelo is excellent and I enjoy his rights but I can see him having a few chinks in the armour that have not yet been exposed.
Anyway, it is a dream match, been waiting a few years to see it happen so looking forward to it greatly

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That was sweet. For a large stretch of that fight Chino really did a number on that guy.

Getting back to last nights fight. I only just now saw the in-ring post-fight interview.

When the fight got stopped Conor said they should have let him continue, let him finish the round.
You can't go a full minute without punching and be assaulted for that whole minute straight and expect the ref to not stop the fight.

He said "I should have been allowed to go out on my back". Buddy they'll let you go out on your back. Throw a punch or two and the ref wont stop it. You would've gone out on your back.
If he had thrown a few shots in that last minute Robert Byrd would not likely have stopped that fight and he would have gone out on his back. He chose not to go out that way by not punching back.

That's the thing about a live bout on TV. You can't edit the video like he most probably edited the sparring to look good against Malignaggi. It's there for all to see. lol

Agreed. It was becoming dangerous for McGreggor. But it's only natural due to pride and showmanship that he would say such a thing. All in all though, he was very respectful and that's the mark of a good fighter imo.

Just watched the Cotto fight and wow, that was something. Big brass balls all in all. Cotto is such a complete boxer, I really like how he works. Kamegai as I say, huge balls and excellent template. Both very well prepared for the fight, they still had it together in the 12th.

On the big fight GGG Canelo, I personally think that if Golovkin is in shape, it's very hard to think he can lose. He has an temperament and a killer punch. Canelo is excellent and I enjoy his rights but I can see him having a few chinks in the armour that have not yet been exposed.
Anyway, it is a dream match, been waiting a few years to see it happen so looking forward to it greatly

You guys are forgetting that he's a UFC fighter, he's not used to a stoppage while someone is still standing. Not to mention he was still slipping Floyd's punches during the stoppage. We all knew Floyd would win, that was a given. I think he did a great effort and it was great to see Pretty Boy one last time, been awhile.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
What a copout argument.
This was boxing not fighting
McGreggor stepped up to Mayweather not the other way around.
It's like having a soccer team beat an american football team at soccer and you saying that if they could use their hands the latter would have won.

Btw Earthquake, Mayweather came back out of retirement to fight McGreggor so..
He didn't break a sweat and took that easy money home unscathed.
What did anyone expect? McGreggor's punches where ridiculous and a bad overall gameplan.

Yes, that's the whole point of that statement.
Boxing is pretty dull as-is.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
You guys are forgetting that he's a UFC fighter, he's not used to a stoppage while someone is still standing. Not to mention he was still slipping Floyd's punches during the stoppage. We all knew Floyd would win, that was a given. I think he did a great effort and it was great to see Pretty Boy one last time, been awhile.

He didn't slip shit:
B8mLNqo.gif

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Yes, that's the whole point of that statement.
Boxing is pretty dull as-is.

Nah I don't agree one bit with this. I watch MMA from time to time but prefer boxing a lot more. MMA is like PS4 whereas boxing is old school, Neo Geo

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
He didn't slip shit:
B8mLNqo.gif

Lol, he doesn't know how to slip. He's just use to eating weak shots from MMA fighters who don't know how to punch. JK

Nah I don't agree one bit with this. I watch MMA from time to time but prefer boxing a lot more. MMA is like PS4 whereas boxing is old school, Neo Geo

I think MMA is more exciting to watch and I think it's real fighting. Not everyone in a real life situation is going to want and just Bare Knuckle Fight. Real fighting involves grappling, kicking, stand up, etc. Boxing involves great foot work, endurance, good hand eye coordination, defense and combinations. That being said, I always loved boxing. I'm always down to watch a good boxing match and it's not dull at all. I've seen some MMA matches were fighters have shit stand up and spend all 5 rounds on the ground trying to submit one another. Now that's dull.

MMA fighters have no business getting in the boxing ring with Professional Boxers and Vice Versa.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This thread is gay. Super homo...