Collectards

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Nullity is a dirty duophile:keke:

herb

Choi's Barber
10 Year Member
Uh yeah, we post at another board in the past or on irc? I was there a couple years at the dawn of the PS2/GC era of consoles, then was part of the online media for another 3-4 after that before I dropped out of it. My brother stuck around though, worked his way up to producer and still does it currently with that superfight game.

I think I recall you then. I was on NA from 2012-2014 under the name Sheikah.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Sounds familiar. I haven't been in that trap for 2 years as it is. We didn't get along well. I believed people had a right to do what they want with their property they paid for and would help people restore and improve the quality of their goods. They felt that by order of the site there, no one was allowed to do stuff without their permission and they would ravage people on and OFF site for trying to improve existing old product because all they cared about was the monetary value of the collection, not the actual game itself. If you weren't willing to pay up enough to get it how you wanted it, you were somehow inferior and evil for trying other ways to make things better without breaking the bank.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Sounds familiar. I haven't been in that trap for 2 years as it is. We didn't get along well. I believed people had a right to do what they want with their property they paid for and would help people restore and improve the quality of their goods. They felt that by order of the site there, no one was allowed to do stuff without their permission and they would ravage people on and OFF site for trying to improve existing old product because all they cared about was the monetary value of the collection, not the actual game itself. If you weren't willing to pay up enough to get it how you wanted it, you were somehow inferior and evil for trying other ways to make things better without breaking the bank.

fuck nintendoage :)

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I've noticed over the last 2 years that statement more and more often on multiple sites and not just forums, but randomly with facebook, other website stories. They seem to have built up a pretty good level of hatred due to the tactics, yet still there's some love encouraging those to read not register to see the unique stuff people dig up to buy or information that gets shared. It seems to be a fair argument. Casual indifferent usage with no direct involvement unless you want to get lit up if you're not part of the hive mind. Seems fitting for this thread as it's a collectard mecca with Nintendo stuff, militancy and all which is a shame.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wow you're here too hi ChuChu. :P Yeah that guy sucks, complete hoarder. You never 'need' more than one physical copy of a game unless you have issues. Want sure, need, no. COuld be worse, you have the 2nd runner up showboat Robin over there they look up to as the 3rd placer at the NWC who has a huge wall of games and he plays nothing but Tetris. It's like an old house back in the day having a huge library to look smart and rich, yet never pulling one book off that shelf ever other than to look at the cover. All that lost usefulness gone to a hoarder.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The NGFL Facebook group seems to be full of them lately. The majority of the posts there are Italian or French people showing off pics of their absurdly expensive AES carts, while the rest are sales posts for aforementioned absurdly expensive AES carts.

Got into an argument with some dude there who was proud about the fact that he flipped Raz's Crossed Swords II cart for a couple thousand dollars.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Wow you're here too hi ChuChu. :P Yeah that guy sucks, complete hoarder. You never 'need' more than one physical copy of a game unless you have issues. Want sure, need, no. COuld be worse, you have the 2nd runner up showboat Robin over there they look up to as the 3rd placer at the NWC who has a huge wall of games and he plays nothing but Tetris. It's like an old house back in the day having a huge library to look smart and rich, yet never pulling one book off that shelf ever other than to look at the cover. All that lost usefulness gone to a hoarder.

I've always considered this forum my crib, nintendoage is hug box central and speculator hype. Can't even call out the resellers, for offers, and shenanigans on there. Atlleast on shmups you can but no one listens.Yeah cool meeting up again. I was wondering why your ass was banned on Nintendoage.

what is funny is he probably isn't asking for more because I just sold a castle of deceit for $51 shipped on there.

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That pretty well covers that site, call out shit, get removed one way or the other if you're not doing something ban worthy.

In a nutshell that's what happened to me there 2 years back. I rubbed enough the wrong way because I'll call out shenanigans, I gave people crap for ordering people what to do with their own property if they dared to something the collectards hated because it may harm their cash value/flow. I ended up praising a game made by a total ass but indirectly said I'd like to buy it but can't because the person (I didn't name) I didn't trust with my personal info. Some staffer hacked my damn post, made it into a personal attack, used that to run up a reason to get me removed, and did so without even a full back end (staff board) vote for my banning. I kept being told I knew what I did and I was lying/delusional, eventually squeezed it out of a few people, went in using a proxy/incognito browser to read the damage, and that was it. I was a voice against the wrong going on there despite all the friends and good I did helping people and I got framed and removed for it.

I've never gone back, happier not to, still friends with 2 mods of that site unbelievably, so I'm not blind to stuff. Being away from there I saw more of the stupidity side of things and went full on into scaling down to what matters and getting rid of the crap that isn't making me happy.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I've read your posts at dp over the years and you seem sane!

Now you've joined here, I question my judgment;)

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Speaking of NintendoAge, I watched "Nintendo Quest" via Amazon Prime Video a couple weeks ago. I remember hearing about the Kickstarter for this, and it seemed interesting to watch via Prime. I'm still sorting out my feelings about this "documentary" for a proper post, but it's basically Collectard The Movie. It's an absolute train wreck in more ways then one. Complete with an emotionally destroyed man child who emulates Dave Grohl and has a life sized statue of Jar Jar Binks in his living room. Have any of you seen it?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I cringed when they said "modern day treasure hunter"

Also fuck twin galaxies

I have a better name for this "documentary",how to be a complete collectard tool. What is funny is this guy is just one example, but i've seen this plenty of times on nintendoage, hell even here where someone just buys up everything afap like they are running out of oxygen. I don't know whats worse, that someone is trying to get all the NES games in 30 days or some tard got $40,000 from kickstarter for this shit.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Remember the guy selling dvds of his collection and collecting tips?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
synbiosfan thanks! :D

schnuth -- I wish I hadn't, and now I know it exists. At least it's free with Prime, hate to think people would pay to watch something like that.

Chuchu: Easy -- the successful kickstarter, it makes any faith someone would have in humanity slip just a bit further without any doubt.

I'm glad I got over my need to live in that world of shit. If I could just clear the back closet of this room of all the stuff I want to purge I'll be happier yet. I can then use it to grab a select few MVS carts I'd like to own not on the 161in1 I have. I know I'd far better use and appreciate an arcade board than flavor of the day Nintendo (etc) collectard garbage. The purge that got me Pin-Bot was epic fun .... to think 2 tools paid me $950~ for 3 video games towards that. BB2+Bonk for $600 the rest on Wild Guns on SNES. Hell of an awesome purge to people who couldn't contain themselves to fight over those games.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Ron Jeremy called me a collectard. :(

I remember buying a sealed Rockman X3 for Saturn when I was in Japan that I found in a little shop for around only $15, and I opened and played it when I was drinking. I still have nightmares.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Ron Jeremy called me a collectard. :(

I remember buying a sealed Rockman X3 for Saturn when I was in Japan that I found in a little shop for around only $15, and I opened and played it when I was drinking. I still have nightmares.
After a discussion on a French forum about the rarity of a sealed Goldeneye game (PAL FR version), supposedly unique, I opened a copy in front of a member.

http://www.millon.com/html/fiche.jsp?id=3032701&np=1&lng=fr&npp=20&ordre=2&aff=1&r=

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
There's a guy I looked kind of up to in a specific way over at NA, wizard over there made 3 videos that put collectards of NES stuff into a borderline frothing epileptic seizure. He bought up VGA or normally sealed games of Gun-Nac, Stinger and Panic Restaurant, the third opened at a show if I recall in front of shattered collectards... all 3 opened up to be used, the third cracked open at a show with people not being very happy to say the least about it. You know, since it's offensive to buy shit and use it as advertised. The stuff is (was?) up on youtube too.

I found the one for Stinger. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnQaUgPnY8w
And Panic Restaurant!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGeU0Q4i_Y

And the best yet -- UN-VGA'ing Gun-nac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psZN6GHtZ0c&feature=player_embedded
...and like all plastic it went into the trash after being opened up he said over on the site. This got some very mixed responses you can imagine.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
There's a guy I looked kind of up to in a specific way over at NA, wizard over there made 3 videos that put collectards of NES stuff into a borderline frothing epileptic seizure. He bought up VGA or normally sealed games of Gun-Nac, Stinger and Panic Restaurant, the third opened at a show if I recall in front of shattered collectards... all 3 opened up to be used, the third cracked open at a show with people not being very happy to say the least about it. You know, since it's offensive to buy shit and use it as advertised. The stuff is (was?) up on youtube too.

I found the one for Stinger. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnQaUgPnY8w
And Panic Restaurant!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydGeU0Q4i_Y

And the best yet -- UN-VGA'ing Gun-nac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psZN6GHtZ0c&feature=player_embedded
...and like all plastic it went into the trash after being opened up he said over on the site. This got some very mixed responses you can imagine.

I saw a video of someone boiling a sealed turbografx game and then playing the undamaged hucard. That was pretty cool but yours is another level entirely

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Figured a few of you would appreciate those shenanigans. The sad(or not for him at least) reality of it is, check the dates -- they're worth more now opened up than he paid for them sealed so there was no loss with a minimal waiting period in the big picture. Gun-Nac now is like $120 with a borked label and he paid like $150 I think that video said for a VGA one. The others are on the same level of sealed vs loner cart pricing now too which sucks. Shows how far things slid into the shitter over all that is going on and how fast too.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The comments about people freaking out over the way things are handled reminded me of some thoughts I had recently. Certain Sega CD games are getting retarded in pricing, and I bought most of the "rare" games back when nobody gave a shit about Sega CD. I hate the long cases, so I have them stuck in storage while I have all the CDs in a Case Logic CD binder. Lunar, Snatcher, Popful Mail, loose in a $10 CD binder. I bet someone would go into a rage.

But it makes it infinitely easier to actually play the game.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The comments about people freaking out over the way things are handled reminded me of some thoughts I had recently. Certain Sega CD games are getting retarded in pricing, and I bought most of the "rare" games back when nobody gave a shit about Sega CD. I hate the long cases, so I have them stuck in storage while I have all the CDs in a Case Logic CD binder. Lunar, Snatcher, Popful Mail, loose in a $10 CD binder. I bet someone would go into a rage.

But it makes it infinitely easier to actually play the game.

I love the longboxes. It perfectly encapsulates American excess. And some of the cover art looked fucking amazing.