Metal Jesus Rocks Neo Geo

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
You don't know me so its completely unfair to say that you have any idea what my passion level is for games.

I guess you're right. However, if your passion level was AT LEAST moderate, you'd know that performing a hadouken is down, down right, right, not "down right".

I get the joke, but it's a little insulting to the developers of SFII to inaccurately liken this ground breaking command to something out of Mortal Kombat 1.

nhm

n00b
Having met most of these youtube "personalities", I can honestly tell you that they are the most delusional fucks around. They honestly think that they have some sort of celebrity. Meanwhile, they are working all day as a fucking security guard and making youtube videos in the rest of their free time. Metal Jesus, though, seemed to be a genuinely nice guy with no pretense. The other guys expected everyone to bow down and lick their nerd nut sack. Alpha Omega Sin...the worst.

The other guy, John Hancock probably has the best *GENERAL* knowledge of retro-gaming as anyone else on the planet. He has released several homebrews for systems like Sega CD and 32x.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Luke is a nice guy, he's always admitted to not being talented at fighting games. To me that is okay. I loved watching his videos.

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
I guess you're right. However, if your passion level was AT LEAST moderate, you'd know that performing a hadouken is down, down right, right, not "down right".

I get the joke, but it's a little insulting to the developers of SFII to inaccurately liken this ground breaking command to something out of Mortal Kombat 1.

If you understand the joke then you should know that it is a joke about the starting and stopping point of the first part of the command. So its not insulting at all. to have a joke about someone or something that a group of fans have grabbed on to in such a positive way is far from insulting its flattering.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Anyone watch any Retro Rampage?

I don't think they make videos anymore, but the ones that are up are pretty funny. A majority of videos are playthroughs, but the running commentary is very funny - reminds me of when friends come over and we just shoot the shit when we're playing games.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Having met most of these youtube "personalities", I can honestly tell you that they are the most delusional fucks around. They honestly think that they have some sort of celebrity. Meanwhile, they are working all day as a fucking security guard and making youtube videos in the rest of their free time. Metal Jesus, though, seemed to be a genuinely nice guy with no pretense. The other guys expected everyone to bow down and lick their nerd nut sack. Alpha Omega Sin...the worst.

The other guy, John Hancock probably has the best *GENERAL* knowledge of retro-gaming as anyone else on the planet. He has released several homebrews for systems like Sega CD and 32x. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DuckTales-VHS-Movie-and-Magazine-lot-/231980433210?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I've never met any YouTube people in person, but I've certainly heard and read plenty of stories. It's amazing how a little bit of pseudo-fame can go to someone's head. Even someone like PewDiePie isn't nearly as famous as an actual "A-List" celebrity, so a YouTube Gamer with a couple hundred thousand subscribers is nothing. Just because you can go to a retrogaming convention and have people recognize you (or even sit on a panel) doesn't mean you need to start acting like your farts don't stink. There are plenty of these YouTube "celebs" who *don't* act like that (and from what I have heard Metal Jesus is one of them), but there are many others who do. A LONG time ago when he was still relevant, I heard that Pete Dorr pulled out the "Do you know who I am?" line when checking into a hotel at a video game convention.

One time I was at PRGE and I was chatting it up with some of the volunteers, and they were saying that John Hancock was acting like a total prima donna. And his DVD series of "How to collect" videos seems more like him trying to cash in while showing off his collection. He's also one of these guys who goes for complete sets, which I have no respect for. I know he's been on a couple of Metal Jesus episodes, but I haven't watched them.

xorthen

Banned
I fucking hate youtube gamers and reviewers. Pete Dorr is a prime example of everything wrong with "retro" gaming. It's all about click bait bullshit. "Look at my massive wall of games, look at how much more hardcore I am than you". That's what this entire retro game trend has created a bunch of shithead attention whores. Oh, and don't forget to click that subscribe button.

I just want this retro hipster gaming trend shit to end already.

Look at this faggot. Just look at him.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

grimmythereaper

Quiz Detective
I fucking hate youtube gamers and reviewers. It's all about click bait bullshit. "Look at my massive wall of games, look at how much more hardcore I am than you". That's what this entire retro game trend has created a bunch of shithead attention whores. Oh, and don't forget to click that subscribe button.

i think peoples hearts were in the right place when it started about 10 years ago, but i do agree with you. It has evolved into people bragging about games that they will never play. I watch videos and sometime i think to myself "why did that person buy that, it will never get played." Or when some shows off a collection i think "has he played all of those games or just put em on a shelf when they got home"

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
i like metal jesus and a few others they all have at least something to offer but i agree it can get boring and a bit attention seeking it makes sense we have all these shows and people though with how hot the retro scene suddenly is these past few years...

-SD-

Camel Slug
The whole cliché of standing in front of a vast wall of games :rolleyes::rolleyes: ..... it just needs to stop.

What really makes me wonder are mateys that do weekly/monthly pick-up videos. Are you really going to play this haul of 50 shit games, on top of the last haul of 63 random shit games, on top of..... yeah, exactly. Nah, it's going on the shelf behind them ready for the next video to show what a 'hardcore gamer' they are.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I fucking hate youtube gamers and reviewers. Pete Dorr is a prime example of everything wrong with "retro" gaming. It's all about click bait bullshit. "Look at my massive wall of games, look at how much more hardcore I am than you". That's what this entire retro game trend has created a bunch of shithead attention whores. Oh, and don't forget to click that subscribe button.

View attachment 37015

That's Pete "Do you know who I am?" Dorr.

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
i like metal jesus and a few others they all have at least something to offer but i agree it can get boring and a bit attention seeking it makes sense we have all these shows and people though with how hot the retro scene suddenly is these past few years...

MJR literally has nothing of value to offer. Any kind of insight on his show is handled exclusively by his guests. For a guy who collects (see: hordes) as much as he does, he really has nothing meaningful to say about games.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner

View attachment 37015

That dude looks like he sucks hard. I'll never watch that hipster douche.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
This thread kind of makes me want to start making video game videos. Maybe I could become almost semi famous within a small circle of people.

xorthen

Banned
Yeah, just look at all the games the guy has. It's like he doesn't know how to selectively choose the games he likes and doesn't like. Fucking hoarders man.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
This thread kind of makes me want to start making video game videos. Maybe I could become almost semi famous within a small circle of people.
Make a show about the shows (or how video gaming as a hobby is in disarray) - that might work.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
That dude looks like he sucks hard. I'll never watch that hipster douche.

Considering the fact that he's trying to review a Tiger R-Zone in that video I can't think of anything more hipster/retarded. The only reason I can recognize that is due to the fact that I wasted $25 on that as a kid when it came out and I thought it was retarded then. Played my game of LCD Virtua Fighter and then decided that was a waste of money. I hope people line up in droves and make these things go for $100 CIB.