How long will this amiibo craze last?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Most of those hard to preorder ones are probably gonna end up on ebay anyways.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
http://www.gamesradar.com/eff-you-amiibo-im-out/

Well, people are starting to get wise to the notion that going for a full collection is basically impossible. And with the new Nintendo Direct announcing like 30-40 new Amiibos this year, it's even less possible. I dont collect Amiibos, but I just wanna get Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Dr. Mario (when it comes out), and Bowser Jr. (when it comes out).
I can't disagree with the sentiment there. I've picked up random amiibos off the shelf when I find ones that I like or are (however much) rare- I got Marth, Villager, Fox, Toad, and others that way.

But even that doesn't seem fun anymore. Kind of thinking I'm just going to open them all and use and display them, rather than leave them in their boxes.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It was never a good idea to collect them all.
Consider best case scenario, $10 a piece. That's already $300 for smash bros alone. Start adding these new ones, and you are approaching $1,000.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Consider best case scenario, $10 a piece. That's already $300 for smash bros alone. Start adding these new ones, and you are approaching $1,000.

And? Like collecting anything is cheap :D

Though, I agree. No reason to catch them all, and with the Splatoon characters, honestly who cares? There's no nostalgia there. Nintendo is forcing new properties down our throat as collectibles, and honestly does anyone want those?

Woolly Yoshi is cool, though. Glad he's coming with the game, as I wouldn't mind having one of those ;)

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

Not to mention the space issues....

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Still waiting for the damn portal for original 3DSXL to release. on Nintendo's website it still just says coming soon.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
On the April nintendo direct they said it would be coming out this fall.

Yep. It's headed for this fall with an Animal Crossing Home Designer title that will be using Amiibo trading cards, cause Nintendo knows that AC means big bucks, and they're getting it on as many 3DS systems as possible.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Wut?

Why no AC on WiiU?

I think Nintendo has alluded to the fact that there will eventually be a Wii U Animal Crossing.

Really that game could potentially be the ideal use of Amiibos. Tap a Samus amiibo and she moves to your town (or better yet you can play as them). Who knows if that is how they would implement it, but that would be rad.

Watch it be something lame though...like costumes for your mii.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I think Nintendo has alluded to the fact that there will eventually be a Wii U Animal Crossing.

Really that game could potentially be the ideal use of Amiibos. Tap a Samus amiibo and she moves to your town (or better yet you can play as them). Who knows if that is how they would implement it, but that would be rad.

Watch it be something lame though...like costumes for your mii.
Amiibos in a Wii U animal crossing would probably just unlock some clothes for your character or mii. It would cool if they would move into your town. It'd be pretty cool if they unlocked full games you could play like the nes games on the gc version.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Serious talk:

3ds_reader.0.jpg

I'm ready...

I'm just afraid those cards are going to be impossible to come by... Also, countdown until the Pokemon card release announcement?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The last pic is great, with the 'free-hand' copy right symbol :lolz:
The right ear looks like a turd was grafted onto Sonichu's head. That sculpt is the kind of thing you accept lovingly from your child of, let's say, 4-10 because you know they are still developing.
How can Chris afford Amiibos anyway when he can barely put up a defense to stay out of prison?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Lulz. It's about time somebody start making bootlegs.

TeamShake

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The right ear looks like a turd was grafted onto Sonichu's head. That sculpt is the kind of thing you accept lovingly from your child of, let's say, 4-10 because you know they are still developing.
How can Chris afford Amiibos anyway when he can barely put up a defense to stay out of prison?

lol. just googled Sonichu to see what it was and his website is crazy. i guess this explains it:

http://sonichu.com/cwcki/Chris_and_money

"Chris has repeatedly shown though his actions and words that he has no idea how to handle money or manage his own finances. Between his impulse spending, his greed and selfishness, his unwillingness to save even the smallest amount of money, and his massive sense of entitlement, Chris manages to demonstrate complete incompetence and ineptitude in managing financial affairs. Chris has repeatedly amassed debt on credit cards, only to have his enabling parents bail him out multiple times. Too lazy to work, he refuses to make or follow any type of budget or financial plan, instead spending far beyond his means, and expecting others to pay off his accumulated debt for him. It is clear that Chris has no idea what financial responsibility is and that his enabling, delusional parents taught him nothing about how to handle finances while he was growing up. Irresponsible, careless, and thoughtless, Chris fails at just about every aspect of financial management that can be thought of."

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I wish earthquake would get rid of that awful signature. I hate seeing it accidentally when he posts.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

You should buy his mom's Z3. But NO HAGGLING!

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Think I'm getting out of the game. I can't take the bullshit anymore.