Record collecting

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Robocop art and silver vinyls look amazing!

It's a really well done set. You can tell the people that put it together really cared about what they were doing.

The jacket is actually silver foil. It's really impressive in person but it picks up finger prints like crazy.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Did some trading with a local collector and picked up some Doo-Wop.

Though mine is the red/Black version:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
yeah, his stuff is top notch, but finding used vinyls is tough (I try not to use discogs unless I'm impatient)

yeah, she's totally nutty ... which is part of the appeal for me.

well, I have to take back what i said about having ruined grimes for myself. weirdo or not, what i have heard of her new album is awesome, totally preordered her new vinyl art angels. cant wait to get it, sucks that it releases like a month after the cd version. ill have it in time for xmas though. yay.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
We do the top X games in the Neo related threads, how about some of your most treasured vinyl? For me #1 would be the Ramones "Rocket to Russia" I got for Christmas as a kid with my first stereo, it's in damn good shape considering it was played by a very young version of me. I've got original issues of almost all the Ramones albums. #2 would be Buddy Holly and the Crickets ST LP my dad had growing up, great condition overall. #3 would have to be "The Best of Sam Cooke" I got at a charity record show that used to happen yearly in Chicago, it was the beginning of me really getting into 50s/60s soul and I still love playing it on a regular basis.

These aren't necessarily the albums I play the most, are worth the most or I think are the best in my collection, but they're the most important to me. What are some of your picks?

my grails would be an original pressing of Blitz-Voice of a generation, Funeral Oration- self titled LP, and original copies of the first 3 sabbath albums.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
my grails would be an original pressing of Blitz-Voice of a generation, Funeral Oration- self titled LP, and original copies of the first 3 sabbath albums.

UK or US?

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Whoa nice pick! I've got that with a slew of other oi! slabs.

the more you post in this thread the more i keep thinking hell yes another punk dude into neo geo only a state away. lol. ive actually got the album cover of voice of a generation tattooed full size on the ball of my right shoulder.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
the more you post in this thread the more i keep thinking hell yes another punk dude into neo geo only a state away. lol. ive actually got the album cover of voice of a generation tattooed full size on the ball of my right shoulder.

That's badass, did you hear that GISM is going to play a fest in the Netherlands (if you can call it gism without uchida). Do you ever go watch who killed spikey jacket? I had a friend that lives in Richmond tell me I would like them but I still haven't checked them out.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Got these in the mail today. The Death on The Road vinyl was purchased brand new and one of the tracks on 2nd Disc has a slight skip. If it was Paschendale I would really have been upset. This is the 2nd Iron Maiden Picture Disc Album that I've had a issue with. Don't get me wrong, I love they way they look but would have preferred a option to buy these in Plain Black Vinyl.

Last edited:

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Got these in the mail today. The Death on The Road vinyl was purchased brand new and one of the tracks on 2nd Disc has a slight skip. If it was Paschendale I would really have been upset. This is the 2nd Iron Maiden Picture Disc Album that I've had a issue with. Don't get me wrong, I love they way they look but would have preferred a option to buy these in Plain Black Vinyl.

You should snap a photo of that picture disc.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Dude, that Wraith soundtrack is so badass.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I just got into vinyl and didn't even lay attention to this thread at all. Planning on picking up an audio technica AT-LP120 and playing some of my dad's old records that I found.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
That's badass, did you hear that GISM is going to play a fest in the Netherlands (if you can call it gism without uchida). Do you ever go watch who killed spikey jacket? I had a friend that lives in Richmond tell me I would like them but I still haven't checked them out.

gotta google this, because i thought who killed spiky jacket were long time disbanded, i must be confused. damn. google isnt giving me an answer either. ill keep looking! you ever hear acrostix? ive been looking for there "dear daily life" LP for years now. japanese crust is nuts.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I just got into vinyl and didn't even lay attention to this thread at all. Planning on picking up an audio technica AT-LP120 and playing some of my dad's old records that I found.

thats a really decent starter turntable. only major complaint is that is has no auto return at end of play (fully manual operation,) which i found to be a huge annoyance. i would check out the pioneer PL-30 before you make a final decision. i actually had the atlp-240 and sold it to get the PL-30 with a grado green stylus. love it waayyyy more.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member

i had a black sabbath paranoid picture disc that was brand new with a skip in the first or second track, ever since then i tend to shy away from the picture discs.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
well since you only gave me one choice... US! honestly ill snap some photos of the 3 sabbath albums at some point. ive never really researched what pressings they are.
I meant UK.
Different tracks on the first album. Plus the US versions of the First two albums are essentially a repress.

I don't personal care why people are so obsessed with First Pressing/First Issue.

Your chances of getting a decent first pressing is much lower than than getting a nice and quiet second/third/fourth pressing.

And then a lot of people get down on the record club pressings, but I've only and a handful of bad club pressings. The fact that club pressings are usually found in much nicer shape (and often sealed) more than makes up for any other problems.

Last edited:

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
gotta google this, because i thought who killed spiky jacket were long time disbanded, i must be confused. damn. google isnt giving me an answer either. ill keep looking! you ever hear acrostix? ive been looking for there "dear daily life" LP for years now. japanese crust is nuts.

No I haven't, I can't really stand crusty stuff I just like the early noisy hardcore. I did pick up some of the more popular stuff in Japan as trade bait though. Yeh wksj is your local oi I guess but they look like raw punks to me. I know rixe and concrete just played there and I'm super bummed I missed those shows but my car is on its last leg.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I meant UK.
Different tracks on the first album. Plus the US versions of the First two albums are essentially a repress.

I don't personal care why people are so obsessed with First Pressing/First Issue.

Your chances of getting a decent first pressing is much lower than than getting a nice and quiet second/third/fourth pressing.

And then a lot of people get down on the record club pressings, but I've only and a handful of bad club pressings. The fact that club pressings are usually found in much nicer shape (and often sealed) more than makes up for any other problems.
the more i think about it, the more i realize that, while old as hell, and all grabbed for .50 or a buck a piece in basically perfect condition while scouring through thrift stores when i was 16, i have no idea what versions my sabbath albums are. now im curious, when i am off work ill look into it.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
No I haven't, I can't really stand crusty stuff I just like the early noisy hardcore. I did pick up some of the more popular stuff in Japan as trade bait though. Yeh wksj is your local oi I guess but they look like raw punks to me. I know rixe and concrete just played there and I'm super bummed I missed those shows but my car is on its last leg.
did wksj relocate to VA or something? all im finding is that they are from Boston MA. im really out of touch with the "scene"... basically because ive never been a part of it in the slightest. i bathe regularly and have a good job for the govt. so therefore am an alien to the punk kids. lol
there was a really good post punk dark punk band from here starting to blow up called Lost Tribe, but they broke up shortly after there most recent release in 2015 after the singer got wrapped up in some serious criminal charges and ran to California.