VideoGameX (Huntington Beach, CA)

Bonga7

Zero's Secretary
Its good to hear they open if at all. I went there on a saturday and they were closed! That after contacting them and letting me know they are open everyday except for maybe sunday. And yeah the location is not ideal, its a tiny store tucked in between a couple of larger businesses ( I think one of them is a nail salon). I had to circle around a couple of times before I found it.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Now you want to be an ADMINISTRATOR!

No way.

Come on.

-----------

n1. http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=834491#p834491

Josh said:
... Within a day in age where mods become thieves and egos are running wild, I'd be happy to stand alone to fight for what is right. ...

Josh said:
... I even re-offered the $599 cab price on the n-g.c forums to out of state customers (since 1 the shipping is so high, and 2 since they were left out completely during initial release) but then I was banned so that ended that. I cant do business on a site if the PM box gets disabled at the drop of a dime. I've been nothing but respectful to the admins there, so unless some kind of access to admin forum is offered in order to protect everyone from whats going on there, I'm done swimming upstream. ...

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
This publicity stunt probably ranks only a few rungs below that Ocean Marketing dude.

amurphy245

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Im guessing pulling the auctions early is a stunt to bring attention to his store or BIN listings? either way your business is not going to last long by the sounds of it.

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
After reading up on this forum and the shmups.system11 forums, along with looking at the auctions over time... there is no doubt that his business is going to fail very fast. Advertising higher prices than what arcade parts go for typically on E-bay and his Dion/Chris like responses with no real answers.

I hope this guy looses money and what little left there is of his soul. Seriously, fuck him!!!

What is the deal with this level of greed the past 4-5 years (even worse lately)? What, we go into a recession and everyone is all of sudden out to fuck you for 50% more than what shit goes for???

Shit, I just got off the phone yesterday with NOA on buying a 3DS battery online and they charged me Mississippi Sales Tax at 7% which was a $1.79 since the overall price was $21. I find it fucking hilarious... because the state of Mississippi does not charge out of state sales tax. The guy would not answer my questions, with me knowing the facts and just he would just ask "Are you happy with the battery... does it work?". Go kill yourself dude!!!

What the fuck is going on with Capitalism (small and big businesses) these days?!?! :very_ang:

Josh

Banned
If you think you're going to start a hate bandwagon over a photo I agreed to take with some people I just met or because I decided to just advertise on eBay due to their seller limits, try a little harder. The fact is I don't have a single negative feedback on iTrader and last time I checked that's 120 positive transactions on these boards.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Now you want to be an ADMINISTRATOR!

No way.

Come on.

-----------

n1. http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=834491#p834491

Just so there's no confusion, subterfuge or fabrication from Josh as to WHY he was banned:

I banned him. For 3 days.

Why?

Josh was bombing collection threads and sales threads posted by other users. He had been warned previously about this behavior.

His banning had nothing to do with his poor business practices and had everything to do with his behavior.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Just so there's no confusion, subterfuge or fabrication from Josh as to WHY he was banned:

I banned him. For 3 days.

Why?

Josh was bombing collection threads and sales threads posted by other users. He had been warned previously about this behavior.

His banning had nothing to do with his poor business practices and had everything to do with his behavior.

*SNIP*

BBWAHAHAHAHAAH *maniacal laughter*

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh

Banned
I have been looking for people to run the arcade/pcb division since day one, look at the bottom of the first post. Double Edged Sword, I wish I could explain it all but it would take hours to read. Simply put, in my life, bullet hell shooters are therapeutic.

Voltronbadass graciously offered to help out but with no guarantees in sight how could I possibly feel comfortable having him drive so far regularly without offering something worthwhile.. Now I'm sure some of you may be asking yourselves,

"well, eventhough I hope you lose all your money and what little left there is of your soul, what about offering portions of videogamex to people who are interested and if they live out of state why not offer them to stay at your place?"

That's a good question, since this idea was put in play for communities like this to enjoy that exact idea has been here all along but with all the things going on wheres the time to devote to the learning curve in order to build a true corporation to divide, the capital is simply not there to throw at someone to do it.

Everything needs to be done in-house in order for this to run like clockwork. The only way we can afford to lower the prices on cabs and pcbs is if they're being pumped through the store and there's simply not enough experienced man power to perform at the standards that I would demand these items to be processed at.

What I want to know is how many people are actually out there who'd put in the time it takes to become a partial owner, I haven't met many people willing to live well below their current means in order to make an idea a reality and that's where it seems I differ from most.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42866&start=90
0h8jZ.png

3dnPu.png

Josh

Banned
Why would someone visiting Japan be bidding on auctions in the US when they could get the same pcb closer and cheaper? I honestly want to know how some people can be content with their lives when trumping up random shit seems to be the highlight of their day.

And hyperneophyt3 why do you care about this? I looked under your history and you mentioned nothing about even owning a cab. Did miss that somewhere? However, I did find that you are still learning on how to respect peoples money. Bullshit, haters look everywhere except the mirror.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Why do you keep pulling those Deathsmiles board auctions when forum members in this thread and on shmups said they were actively bidding on them?

Why quote different prices for the same items? Some of the stuff you are advertising isn't even in stock.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Bait and switch

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42866&start=90
I completely didn't realize how many shoppers on eBayers are also community members. Over the years I've completed over 120 positive transactions without a single negative and everyone seems to despise eBay. So anyways our eBay store is going to be changed immediately, period. and if you need a screen shot or whatever of our store, there are no flags or anything of the nature. But starting immediately, and if necessary we'll take the hit, but the current Deathsmile auctions will stay in effect. I also apologize for losing my patience and if anyone cares the wall o text can be pasted back up.

To the 2 individuals I may of accused harshly, as far as I'm concerned, this was a horrible miscommunication and I apologize for the negative way I interpreted the situations. Furthermore, I would like to make you each both an offer to have your choice of either 1pEgret3 or 2pAstroCity for $499.99. I hope you or even someone you know can accept this. I also believe Minicute's, are still very possible to obtain.

I met some of you in person here and everyone seemed like great people. I don't know if my outlook on life is always a good or a bad thing but if knew I would ever be questioned as a scammer I would have never agree to take any photos. My honesty is what has gotten me this far, and we're taking on the hurdles as they come along. I never claimed to be above anyone, but obviously you guys were trying to tell me I'm coming off like one as nicely as possible. As far as the others who did things a little more directly, well I don't blame them. I wasn't listening and, well, that's all going to change from now on.

I want to still have a tournament because I want to let everyone know, I will do what it takes to earn your respect. All PCB prices will be cut immediately (input welcome). And if theres interest, the tournament is free to enter. Deathsmiles October 31st. 1p Egret 3 and Deathsmiles PCB will be given to the winner. Rules will be voted on. Food, drinks, and raffles will be taking effect also. Well I hope you may give a guy a break who may not have been on his A game lately. Working all day 6-7 days a week since February may have taking a toll when finally getting around advertising to the online audience. Thank you everyone for your time... Oh picture wasn't depicting eBay. Again, I truly apologize.

*takes a deep breath and starts heading over to n-g.c

Last edited:

zenblaster

n00b
I had a bid of 400$ on one,it was at 270$ last time I checked ,now its gone.I dont think those boards really exist.

Tacitus

Staff member
Josh,

Learn how to set a reserve price. Youre shredding what little credibility you have left by the second. Insulting people doesn't help either.

I've never written so many partial posts and just deleted them because it's not worth the effort. Some people are just doing the best they can with what they've got to work with. It is what it is.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
haha you're all over the road there hyperneophyt3.

Josh / VideogameX has shitty business practices.

Any guy who would take a picture with Chris Ray and Dion Dakis probably has no clue what good business practices consist of. Good job on pulling all those ebay auctions Josh. It guarantees your store, as well as yourself have a shit reputation. At least I know now, that if anyone asks me what I know about you as a seller, I can honestly reply, "I'd steer clear of him. He's a dishonest seller that puts up ebay listings, only to pull them to avoid having to sell the items at whatever the market value dictates them to be."

Congratulations pal...the whole thing is avoidable, but you choose to purposely make what could be a good situation, a bad one.

Tacitus

Staff member
^^My sentiments exactly.

I've been looking for a Deathsmiles PCB, as have a few other people I know. I would've rather funneled my busines (and others) through a known seller on the boards.

Josh's behavior has assured that I (along with those others) won't be going to him for them.

Josh

Banned
Support us or don't, I'm just proud to bring money and a some jobs into California's economy.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Support us or don't, I'm just proud to bring money and a some jobs into California's economy.

if you keep on letting the buyers down, you wont be even doing that for long.