VideoGameX (Huntington Beach, CA)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Feel blessed there are many companies struggling in this economy. People were surprised we even had a chance to open.

protip: screwing with your customer base will help your business fail. blaming your struggles on the economy is a cop out when you should be pointing the finger at yourself and your business model.

Josh

Banned
protip: screwing with your customer base will help your business fail. blaming your struggles on the economy is a cop out when you should be pointing the finger at yourself and your business model.

Support us or not, I'm just proud to bring money and some jobs into California's economy.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Support us or don't, I'm just proud to bring money and a some jobs into California's economy.

yes, ebay has to employ extra engineers to handle the server load from all of the auctions you've pulled.

Josh

Banned
Support us or not, I'm just proud to bring money and some jobs into California's economy.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

Awesome reply... with this type of customer service, you'll be able to continue to bring money and jobs into California for at least another 2, maybe 3 months.

:kekeke:

Josh

Banned
I guess it's better to have tried and failed then to have never tried at all.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I guess it's better to have tried and failed then to have never tried at all.

When your business fails, at least we won't wonder why it failed.

You should make your business motto, "No responsibility taken ever."

Josh

Banned
When your business fails, at least we won't wonder why it failed.

You should make your business motto, "No responsibility taken ever."

Support us or not, I'm just proud to bring money and some jobs into California's economy even if it may only be temporary.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Support us or not, I'm just proud to bring money and some jobs into California's economy even if it may only be temporary.

spoken like a true entrepreneur who cares about his business and employees.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
oh look josh is getting ready to reply. i wonder if he is going to bring up California's economy again.

ScreenShot2012-09-23at63152PM_zps92724810.png

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member

Josh, you clearly wonder on other forums why there is a mounting animosity towards your Ebay practices.

These types of responses you give are a big reason.

You don't actually want to take any real responsibility for what you do whether it is yanking Ebay auctions because you don't want to pay seller fees, or because when you are called on it here, you just try to deflect everything.

Why, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were in league with NGF, given your penchant for the underhanded.

Josh

Banned
I have no problem speaking out on (or even forgiving) anyone here who acts out of line, so I'm more than open to answer any questions or concerns in order to give everyone a better understanding of the decisions that were made and can be changed. I am here and there because obviously theres a place in my heart for n-g.c, and system11 is a great place too.

I'll tell you right now, I'm not a fan of NGF goods. I think the mix up lies with the fact that, like myself, many people aren't intimidated by anything. So though I may think someone is harmless, I can now see its not to say they aren't capable of it. They were polite for the hour or so they were here, but if I took the time to digest the spam I resisted for so long, I would have known it would upset the people I care about by accepting to allow a photo. For this, I sincerely apologize to anyone I may have offended.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
My issue is nOt the ngf pic, but the canned spam answer you give to all concerns we as the consumer bring up. I am a salesman professionally and if I treated my customers with even a tenth of the contempt for them you seem to have, then I would not be employable anywhere.

This thread is like reading goofus and gallant in highlights magazine.

You have shown me exactly what a sales person should not do to destroy their relationship with the customer base. One of these days I should thank you for that.

Thanks goofus.

Josh

Banned

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Posted this on shmups a couple days ago, and it may as well go up here too:

I just want to put things in perspective here a bit... bear in mind, I ripped VGX a new hole somewhere unspeakable on Neo when all of this started going down.

1. VGX has a model that's kinda fucking cool. Getting more candy cabs into the US is always a noble cause. We all wish we could do this.

2. You guys want to side with eBay? Really? the same eBay that rapes you for 11% of anything you sell there? Josh has got a point. eBay is fucked. Anything done to harm them without harming anyone else is good in my book. Frankly, Josh's prices outisde of eBay aren't stellar - you can get Deathsmiles for $400 shipped from Sophia / Tops if you pay by Paypal Gift. That said, his prices are SUBSTANTIALLY better than normal eBay prices.

3. They'll take older console games in trade for candy cabs. Frankly, a lot of us has tried to sell stuff to make that happen. If VGX can ease that process, that's sorta nice for us.

I think Josh has, frankly, made some idiotic moves. That said, I don't sympathize with the people who are out for blood and seem to want his business to fail.

Is he a bit stupid when it comes to business sensibility? Yeah, frankly, he is. Is he pure evil? No. He's not 11% out to rape you over and over like eBay is. He's bringing cabs into the US, which is fucking cool. People skills may be lacking, but he's trying to do some good shit. And don't try to tell me eBay's providing a service worth the 11% they charge. Can anyone tell me how much 11% of the total of eBay listings ending each day is? I can't imagine it's not many millions of dollars.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

that was exactly the response i was expecting after what i just wrote to you josh.

What your saying reminded me of this...

it took 9 months, but the mot finally delivered.

Last edited:

Rancor

Rocnar,
Why would someone visiting Japan be bidding on auctions in the US when they could get the same pcb closer and cheaper? I honestly want to know how some people can be content with their lives when trumping up random shit seems to be the highlight of their day.

What difference does it make where I live? A deal is a deal is a deal. If you're offering up PCBs at no reserve, and I happen to snatch one up for $100 or even $50 less than what I can get it for here in Japan, for then good for me. I wouldn't even ask you to ship it to Japan. ;) It's not trumping up "random" shit - if you offer items at no reserve, I put forth my money and goodwill towards payment, and then you fail to come through (time and time again I might add). How is it that you think I'm the bad guy for being upset that you're not upholding your end of the deal?

Last edited:

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I know i'm kind of bumping in with a random question, but i've seen that 'TOPS' place referenced a few times around the forum, would it be possible to pm me or just paste here the link to that shop? I'm always on the lookout for new online arcade stores :eek_2:

amurphy245

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Guys support him or not, hes just proud to bring money and some jobs into California's economy