Template:CharacterInfobox Shadow Asura (反面のアスラ, Hanmen no Asura) is the Rasetsu/Bust form of Asura. He is considered to be a separate character from his other half as he plays a different role in the series.
He's occasionally depicted having four white wings in various appearances (though they are never shown in actual gameplay). Shadow Asura is also symbolized by the same stylized eye shared among Yuga and its servants.
He is voiced by Kazuya Ichijo.
Shadow Asura is a clone of Asura created by Yuga using a forbidden technique. For some time during the plot of Samurai Shodown 64, this clone was completely loyal to Yuga but wavered when he realizes his affections for Shiki. He comes to love Shiki and wants to save her from her former master. Subsequently, he and his original band together and kill Yuga. However, upon Yuga's defeat, he begins to deteriorate because Yuga's magic is what kept him alive. For the sake of his clone, the two Asuras merge together and turn into one unique being. Before he merges with his original, Shiki gives birth to their child.
It's later mentioned in Warriors Rage that he was the "true" Asura, as he had the emotions and thoughts of the original. He is supreme ruler of the Underworld and has seven kings in his service.
Shadow Asura was once as loyal as any of Yuga's servants until he meets Shiki. Emotionally conflicted, he eventually chooses his love for Shiki over his duties.
- Darkness - Shadow Asura can use the powers of darkness inherited from his creator.
- Energy Beam - Shadow Asura can shoot a purple beam of energy to his foes.
- Complete Darkness - Shadow Asura create a dark void, making the battlefield pitch black.
- Shadow Attack - Shadow Asura can extend his shadow and use it to attack his foes.
- Electricity - Shadow Asura can conduct electric pulses. He can also summon a lightening bolt to appear at will.
- Flight - Shadow Asura can fly above his opponents.
- Energy Slash - Shadow Asura can fuel his weapon with ki energy. It can also create a rippling mirror effect with each swing.
Shadow Asura relies on the dark magic given to him by his master, sharing of some of Yuga's moves. He is a close to mid-ranged fighter with attacks that are slightly quicker than his original counterpart.
His attacks are named after various Kabbalistic angels, spelled in reverse.
- Slasher Demon - Samurai Shodown 64-2
- Shadow Asura's crest depicts intertwined serpents that share same body but have separate heads, which most likely refers to his unique relationship with Asura. One head has its mouth open and other closed. This image can be found both at his clothes and at one of three columns in Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage cave stage (alongside with crests of Rasetsu Shiki and Yuga).
- Shiki and Asura.jpg
Samurai Shodown 64-2: Promotional art by Senri Kita.
- Shadow Asura ss64-2.jpg
Shadow Asura in Samurai Shodown 64-2
- Shadow Asura & Shiki 02.jpg
Shadow Asura & Bust Shiki in Samurai Shodown 64-2