Template:CharacterInfoboxNeinhalt Sieger (ナインハルト・ズィーガー, Nainharuto Zīgā) is a character of the Samurai Shodown series who was introduced in Samurai Shodown II. Like Nicotine, he was dropped after his introduction and is limited to cameo appearances throughout the series. Sieger was made to be the powerful overseas character for new fans. He was given "macho" traits to appeal to female players. Hiroaki, one of SNK's illustrators, stated that Sieger is his favorite character from the series.
In German, a very literal translation of his name means "No Stop Winner".
He is a Prussian warrior and the leader of the Red Lion Knights. He went to Japan to deal with the threat of Mizuki Rashojin. In his ending, he saves his country from demons and is married to Elizabeth, the daughter of the Prussian King.
In the spin-off, Samurai Spirits RPG, he married Queen Victoria and is protecting France against any demon attacks. He assists the party battling Mizuki whilst they are in Paris and Green Hell. However, Mizuki traps him within one of the Dark Bells, a medium which increases Ambrosia's powers and siphons evil spirits. Knowing the dangers of the bell, he allows the party to destroy it, killing himself in the process.
Sieger is a proud knight, loyal to the King and country. He is a fair warrior who respects his opponents' abilities, though he hates to lose face in front of his men and liege.
- Fiery Aura - Sieger can surround his body with a fiery energy and charge at his opponents.
- Fiery Blast - Sieger can fire an explosive burst of flame from his gauntlet taking the form of a naked woman's head or torso. Mashing the buttons in Samurai Shodown VI will reveal more of the image, thus prolonging the burst.
- Reflector - Sieger can punch a projectile back to its sender.
- Above average strength - Sieger is a strong man, capable of lifting a man with only one hand.
His fighting style consists of unique grappling and punching techniques, better amplified by the power of his weapon. His gauntlet, which is easily capable of shielding his entire body, also possesses the ability to shoot ammunition when he expands his fist. For some time, he was one of the few characters in the series who is capable of chaining different special commands together to create a specific combo.
His moves are written in German and transcribed in hiragana. The name of his newest super is Dragoon Faust (ドラグーン・ファウスト, Doraguun Fausto). It refers to Dora Gun, world's largest railway gun built by Hitler. Curiously, Sieger won't use his built-in cannon during this move.
- Red Knight - Samurai Shodown II
- Horseman - Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden
- Kong Kuwata - Samurai Shodown II, Samurai Shodown VI (re-dub voice)
- Kōji Ishii - Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden
- Hiroyuki Koga - Samurai Shodown VI
- Samurai Shodown II
- Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden - as a guest member
- Samurai Shodown VI
- SNK Gals Island Astro Quest Hoshi☆wa Nigashimasen! - as an enemy
- Samurai Shodown Tenkadaiichi Kenkakuden
- Samurai Shodown III - in the staff roll; next to Ukyo's image
- Samurai Shodown IV - easter-egg cameo
- Samurai Shodown! - cameo in background of hot springs arena, together with Gen-An and Wan-Fu
- Samurai Shodown 64 - cameo in background of San Francisco arena, together with Tam Tam and Cham Cham
- Samurai Shodown V - in Gaira's ending
- His nickname with the SS II staff is "Baah" (バー).
- In the Gamest silhouette parody series, the staff compared Sieger's first official art to a seated man holding a large fish over his back. They dubbed the silhouette character Shigeru and even designed a telephone card in his image. Although other characters were parodied as well, Shigeru became a sort of inside joke for fans.
Sieger in Samurai Shodown II
Samurai Shodown II: Promotional artwork by Shiroi Eiji.
- SSII Illustration-2.png
Samurai Shodown II: Illustration by Shiroi Eiji.
Sieger's cameo appearance in Samurai Showdown III staff roll
SNK Gals Island Astro Quest Hoshi☆wa Nigashimasen!
Art by Falcoon
- SamuraiSpirits ShiroiEiji.jpg
Samurai Shodown: Double page Illustration by Shiroi Eiji.
- SSTK Sieger.png
Samurai Shodown Tenkadaiichi Kenkakuden: artwork.