Metal Slug 7
Template:GameInfoboxMetal Slug 7 (メタルスラッグ 7) is the eighth run and gun action shooting video game of the Metal Slug series. It was first released on the Nintendo DS, and was announced in the September 2007 issue of Famitsu, beside marks the first game in the main series to be released without an arcade version. The North American version of the game comes with a holographic paper cover and a small disc.
A revised version of the game, called Metal Slug XX, was released for the PlayStation Portable, Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows (Steam).
The game takes place before the events of Metal Slug 4. The Peregrine Falcon Strike Force, the SPARROWS and the Ikari Warriors Team are once again on a search for General Morden and his army. Their mission is to catch General Morden and prevent his attempts at another coup d'état on the government. However, as soon as Morden was defeated, a strange army from the future came to his aid and strengthened his army. Now, they must face Morden once again with his strengthened army and this time, put a stop to his plans once and for all.
The game has the same set of characters in Metal Slug 6 with the same abilities as its predecessor:
- Marco Rossi: His default weapon (Pistol on Normal and Hard, Heavy Machine Gun on Beginner) has twice the ordinary strength.
- Tarma Roving: While riding in or on a Slug, durability and the effects of power-ups are doubled; additionally, the vulcan cannon's power is increased by 50%. He also is capable of using Vulcan Fix when on or in any vehicle.
- Fiolina Germi: Begins each mission with the Heavy Machine Gun (on Beginner mode, she begins with the Big Heavy Machine Gun from Metal Slug X and 3). Weapon supply is also increased by 50%.
- Eri Kasamoto: Receives twice as many grenades upon starting or resupplying. When throwing, she can aim in a specific direction.
- Leona Heidern: (XX): Able to keep her weapons when she loses a life. She can perform her "Moon Slasher" attack, a circluar attack capable of destroying vechiles and bullets and she carries 12 star shaped grenades instead of the usual 10.
- Ralf Jones: Melee attack speed is doubled, at the expense of weapon and grenade supplies being halved. He can also use the special 'Vulcan Punch' attack, melee strikes capable of damaging vehicles. Can take two hits from most attacks before losing a life.
- Clark Still: Gets an extra chance at the start of a respawn. He can perform his 'Argentina Backbreaker' against most non-vehicle enemies, and he's immune to damage during the move, also earning generous amounts of points with such action.
There are seven levels and three difficulties: Beginner, Normal and Hard. Metal Slug 7 uses the Nintendo DS' touchscreen as a map of the level, making it easier for the player to look at the level and where to get power ups or captured prisoners. The game also introduces the Prisoner's List menu and the return of Combat School mode which was originally from Metal Slug X. There, you can select specific aspects of stages which are not limited to item collecting, survival, and killing all the enemies on the map. You can also talk to your rather jaded drill instructor.
Three new vehicles are:
- Slug Truck: A train-like machine that work similar to the Metal Slug except the cannon must be connected to the unit to access the cannon.
- Slug Gigant: Slug Gigant is a giant robot that is capable of massive firepower. It's Wave cannon can neutralize enemy fire with its melee attack.
- Slug Armor: Has both Vulcan and cannon. Can slide at high speed.
- Nenga2008 03.jpg
Happy New Years picture for 2008