He is voiced by Seira Ryu.
Meitenkun is a heavy sleeper who is very carefree and calm. He rarely exerts himself, often preferring to nap instead. Tung and Shun'ei consider him an exceptional fighter, but their praise doesn't appear to go to his head. Whether this is due to cockiness or laziness is unknown; not much fazes his relaxed exterior.
Despite his behavior, he cares deeply for his master and best friend. He's a brilliant strong fighter and often wins, as Shun'ei notes after losing to Meitenkun many times.
- Ergokinesis: Meitenkun has an incredible power of energy, that he uses when gathering chi energy from Gaia.
- Sleeping technique: Meitenkun's sleeping technique has given him strong control over chi, even stronger than that of his master.
- Energy Pillow: Meitenkun can infuse chi into his pillow for a projectile attack.
- Multiple Kicks - Meitenkun can perform multiple kicks in succession as seen in his Ressenkyaku.
- Superhuman strength: It is believed that brain limits most humans to using only 30% of their full strength but by making his brain fall asleep, Meitenkun can make use of 100% of his full strength.
His fighting style was named Hakkyokuminminken (Eight Extremities Sleepy Fist) by Tung, which focuses on a style of martial art akin to Drunken Fist and explosive martial arts in tandem. This often gives Meitenkun a rather erratic fighting style.
He conceals enough energy to earn himself the title of "Tung's Secret Weapon" (桐の秘密兵器, Kiri no himitsu heiki).
- Inheritance - The King of Fighters XIV
- Under the Control of... - The King of Fighters XV
- The pronounciation of his name in Mandarin Chinese roughly translates as "sleepy everyday".
The King of Fighters XIV render
In promotional art of New Year, with Shun'ei and Tung.
Promotional image, along with Wu-Ruixiang.