Yo from Orange County, California

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
Hey everyone. Decided to make an account here since I heard you guys are alright. Grew up playing Neo Geo at laundromats and arcades as a kid. Got a 4 slot PCB in a 2 slot cab and a small selection of games, the Strikers boot and Ironclad conversion were given to me by friends. Of course, Ironclad is the fucked up version.

Looking forward to spending some time here.

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
We might be alright, depends on the stars and moon. We are all mad here, sonnyboy😎

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
lol That depends on a very loose definition of the word "alright".

Welcome. Hope you have thick skin and a predilection for the old, pre-social media internet.
My definition of "alright" seems to align with the posts and interactions I've seen while looking around, so I think I'll be fine. Thanks for the welcome haha.

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
We might be alright, depends on the stars and moon. We are all mad here, sonnyboy😎
Aren't we all mad in some way or another? I think the fact we've decided to to spend time on a forum dedicated to an old arcade machine speaks volumes lol

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Welcome! I cut my teeth w/Neo at local arcades and on family vacations every summer, at this hotel we would stay at had a 4-slot Neo cab that I would deliberately pack a fucking ziplock full of quarters for. Fatal Fury 2 was glued to my eyeballs the entire time.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Welcome, arcade machines were very common at laundry mats and taco shops here in SoCal. I still see them once in a while. Good times!

There a few people from OC on the board. I'm in L.A. County, near the 5 and 605 fwy.

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
Welcome! I cut my teeth w/Neo at local arcades and on family vacations every summer, at this hotel we would stay at had a 4-slot Neo cab that I would deliberately pack a fucking ziplock full of quarters for. Fatal Fury 2 was glued to my eyeballs the entire time.
Thanks, dude. Hell yeah that's how you do it. I used to keep some of those M&M's minis tubes filled with quarters.

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
Welcome, arcade machines were very common at laundry mats and taco shops here in SoCal. I still see them once in a while. Good times!

There a few people from OC on the board. I'm in L.A. County, near the 5 and 605 fwy.
Thanks, man. Yeah I'm always on the lookout for random cabs whenever I'm driving around. I'll always stop at a new laundromat just to check if there's anything and I'm happy to report that there's still a good amount of Neo Geos and other shit around here.

That's cool, good to know. I grew up in Montebello but moved to Huntington Beach when I was 10. I still have family in Montebello, Pico, Whittier, and Downey.

Last edited:

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
Do you like drifting, Japan, and Japanese women, in that order
They're all pretty cool. If I had to choose an order though, I'd say Japan, Japanese women, then drifting. Regret not buying an AE86 years ago when you could get a GTS for like $3000.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Thanks, man. Yeah I'm always on the lookout for random cabs whenever I'm driving around. I'll always stop at a new laundromat just to check if there's anything and I'm happy to report that there's still a good amount of Neo Geos and other shit around here.

That's cool, good to know. I grew up in Montebello but moved to Huntington Beach when I was 10. I still have family in Montebello, Pico, Whittier, and Downey.
Nice, I'm in Pico.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Welcome! Now turn that 4 slot 90 degrees before I ban you for improper hardware installation!

neo.kobe.city

NEST Puppet
Welcome! Now turn that 4 slot 90 degrees before I ban you for improper hardware installation!
Thanks! Fuck, but this way makes it way more convenient to switch cartridges! Plus it was already mounted this way haha.