XRGB 2+ No video from SCART????

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
My XRGB 2+ had been working previously for many years now. Today I tried to use it with my NeoGeo home system and I get audio but no video output from the xrgb.

The Neo is hooked up via a SCART cable. And this setup was previously working fine. I have one other device that uses the SCART and that didnt work either.

I found out that all the other inputs on the XRGB still work fine, I can use Svideo and Composite and i get VGA output from the XRGB.

Any idea what happened to my XRGB? Does any one offer repair services for it?

When you say SCART, I hope you mean Japanese RGB. It's the same cable but wired differently.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
In my experience the XRGB is a POS. It just does this out of the blue. It works perfectly one day then out of nowhere it doesn't work. Crap product, I really wish the quality of the product was a lot better because it's so useful.

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
Sure you have the 21pin set to RGB mode? On the 2+ it can also be set for Component Video input as well. If it doesn't work, you can always try the full hardware reset.

From what I've seen, the 2+ and 3 have the problems. The 2 is way tougher, and the original 1 is absolutely rock solid (helps that it's all dipswitch controlled).

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
Sure you have the 21pin set to RGB mode? On the 2+ it can also be set for Component Video input as well. If it doesn't work, you can always try the full hardware reset.

From what I've seen, the 2+ and 3 have the problems. The 2 is way tougher, and the original 1 is absolutely rock solid (helps that it's all dipswitch controlled).

I've tried setting it to both RGB and Component. I'm able to switch to any other input and get the menu. It is only the GAME (SCART) that does not output VGA. How can I do a full hardware reset? I'd like to give it a try.