WTB: Model 1 Genesis S-Video Modded

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   1
As the title says, I'd like to pick up a Sega Genesis model 1 s-video modded.

Not picky about TMSS but I'd prefer one that has the HD graphics lettering.

Looking for something that looks professionally done (not hacked to hell).

Thanks!

*Will entertain a model 2 that has good audio.

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
It's been a long time since I've done one, and I'm pretty fully on RGB at this point. It's not a hard mod though so best of luck on your hunt.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   1
It does look relatively easy to do, I just don't trust myself to solder. It's probably a skill I should pick up at some point if I'm going to stick to playing old shit.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
At this point I really advise it. The PACE soldering video series is amazing, you can find it on YouTube.

Honestly though I'd find a crt with component video, and just use a scart cable with component converter. It's going to look better and you don't have to mod anything.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
At this point I really advise it. The PACE soldering video series is amazing, you can find it on YouTube.

Honestly though I'd find a crt with component video, and just use a scart cable with component converter. It's going to look better and you don't have to mod anything.

I agree with skate...I've got one of these and it's great. I think gohanX has one also and praises it...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?266213-FS-SCART-to-Component-Converter&highlight=

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   1
Definitely looks like a good option, but I'm pretty attached to my current CRT. If a component CRT comes my way I'll be all over this.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pity these aren't available any longer, and at a decent price.

oiWUitG.jpg

They work on every Genesis/Mega Drive system out there including the X'Eye, and the Nomad. The S-Video quality out of those is crisp and vibrant.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   1
Pity these aren't available any longer, and at a decent price.

oiWUitG.jpg

They work on every Genesis/Mega Drive system out there including the X'Eye, and the Nomad. The S-Video quality out of those is crisp and vibrant.

I’ve been looking for one of those! I wish I knew that existed 10 years ago, they seem pretty scarce.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Definitely looks like a good option, but I'm pretty attached to my current CRT. If a component CRT comes my way I'll be all over this.

I'd keep an eye on craigslist for a CRT with component video. I can't tell you how many I have snagged for free over the past couple years. There certainly aren't as many out there as there used to be and it is a bit of a crap shoot, but still it's worth checking out. I did some testing with that converter when my friend bought one. It makes for a damn nice image and you could use it on multiple consoles. I did some testing with a small PVM through RGB vs. a 13" Sony Wega with component with that converter. The PVM was of course better, but I was very surprised how nice the Wega looked. My friend was on the fence about a PVM and after that he decided to just stick with his Wega at home. Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm totally in agreement with Skate, Neodogg, and gohanX :p

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I'd also say go with the scart cable and a converter to svideo or component, this way you'll be ready for RGB when you go down that rabbit hole :)