WTB: Candy cab that supports vert/hori monitor

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I will coordinate shipping from your place to mine, if you're not close to Colorado. You do nothing, just watch the movers pack it up!

I know people don't like getting rid of their candys, so I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Do you lift bro?

I have a couple cabs and have rotated an astro and a net city. Did it on my own, but a spotter is not a bad idea.

Most cabs do not have a rotate mechanism.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do you lift bro?

I have a couple cabs and have rotated an astro and a net city. Did it on my own, but a spotter is not a bad idea.

Most cabs do not have a rotate mechanism.

Hahaha yeah! I'm sure I could handle it, I guess by 'easily rotatable' I meant 'supports rotated monitors'. Gonna edit my shit. I've never owned a cabinet before so I just assumed they all were stuck in yoko/tate, or had an Egret type system in it.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I believe only Egret II have a mech, maybe some more obscure cabs too. Again, most are rotatable, just not something you want to do often.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
If you end up getting one shipped, why not go with ken at the gameroom or maybe windy gaming?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
There are a few cabs with rotating mechs. Egret 29, Egret 2, and Q25 are the popular ones. Lots of cabs support rotating manual and the exceleena has an arm that assists rotating without having to worry about necking the monitor. If you're worried about moving the monitor yourself get an Astro. You can lay the cabinet down on its back and rotate it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Most candy cabs can be rotated. The Egret II has a rotate mechanism which makes it easier to do solo but they are expensive. Ideally, get two matching cabs if possible - set up one horizontal and one vertical :cool:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Ideally, get two matching cabs if possible - set up one horizontal and one vertical :cool:

This. Also since you are looking at freight shipping, you can get one cab delivered for ~$400 or two cabs delivered for virtually the same price. This will cut your per cab shipping in half.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This. Also since you are looking at freight shipping, you can get one cab delivered for ~$400 or two cabs delivered for virtually the same price. This will cut your per cab shipping in half.

So spend another 1200 to save 200.... I like your style :-)

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You guys are so fucking awesome, I'm talking with a reputable NG.com guy at the moment for two candies. After a lot of drunken research, it appears that two matching cabs in tate and yoko is the only answer. I'm informing the wife now, hopefully I will be back on this site before Christmas.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
You guys are so fucking awesome, I'm talking with a reputable NG.com guy at the moment for two candies. After a lot of drunken research, it appears that two matching cabs in tate and yoko is the only answer. I'm informing the wife now, hopefully I will be back on this site before Christmas.

:buttrock:

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0

...they wouldn't happen to be dual atomiswave cabs would they...

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I can tell you, as any one with an AWSD will tell you that the components are not the best. From the the Wei Ya PSU to the Wei Ya 3129 chassis.. the PSU is a PITA to dial in when playing JVS games (and it needs to be done any time you turn it on, the Vewlix F has this same PSU), and besides the 15 KHz video not looking good, the chassis is NOTORIOUSLY fail prone.

buyer beware.

and please, any corrections if I'm incorrect are welcome.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I can tell you, as any one with an AWSD will tell you that the components are not the best. From the the Wei Ya PSU to the Wei Ya 3129 chassis.. the PSU is a PITA to dial in when playing JVS games (and it needs to be done any time you turn it on, the Vewlix F has this same PSU), and besides the 15 KHz video not looking good, the chassis is NOTORIOUSLY fail prone.

buyer beware.

Hmmmm, these are very good things to keep in mind. I've gathered some of that by digging through here, and I would mainly be playing 15KHz unfortunately, but otherwise the seller has swapped many of the failure-prone parts it appears. Thank you for the heads up, I really appreciate it!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0

buyer beware.

Full disclosure - these are my cabs. That said - you are right about the PSU. The stock PSU struggled with powerful boards. I had one that was struggling to power CPS2 even - so replaced them both with new PSU's and francoB psu wiring kits.

I have no idea what you're talking about on 15K not looking good. It looks very nice. 31 happens to look brilliant, but that doesn't mean 15 looks bad - it just doesn't look as good, but it doesn't look as good on any cab.

As for the chassis - I know Nanao is considerably more reliable than Wei Ya's. I won't argue that - BUT, i've replaced 4 Nanao's and 0 Wei Ya's. These 2 are both still supporting the original chassis. I replaced my Astro chassis 3x, the original Nanao and 2 refurb replacements. These like any other chassis will undoubtedly fail at some point, but they are much easier (cheaper) to replace than say a Blast.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Full disclosure - these are my cabs. That said - you are right about the PSU. The stock PSU struggled with powerful boards. I had one that was struggling to power CPS2 even - so replaced them both with new PSU's and francoB psu wiring kits.

I have no idea what you're talking about on 15K not looking good. It looks very nice. 31 happens to look brilliant, but that doesn't mean 15 looks bad - it just doesn't look as good, but it doesn't look as good on any cab.

As for the chassis - I know Nanao is considerably more reliable than Wei Ya's. I won't argue that - BUT, i've replaced 4 Nanao's and 0 Wei Ya's. These 2 are both still supporting the original chassis. I replaced my Astro chassis 3x, the original Nanao and 2 refurb replacements. These like any other chassis will undoubtedly fail at some point, but they are much easier (cheaper) to replace than say a Blast.

Thanks mike :) Didn't mean or intend to thread poison, just wanted to share what I've read, and experienced personally.

@OP: you're in excellent hands :D

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
get a hold of Windy (cdamm), i hear he's got a couple blasts left.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks mike :) Didn't mean or intend to thread poison, just wanted to share what I've read, and experienced personally.

@OP: you're in excellent hands :D

Yep, I know! :D I read through some of the AWSD threads and saw the work he's done with them, and he gave me the full scoop. Just waiting on the wife to give the go ahead, she had no idea shipping was so expensive and I kind of didn't mention that up front.... :keke:

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Very nice. Always happy to see more candy cabs making their way to Colorado. Congrats on snagging 2 cabs right out of the gate.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
Is Ken still selling cabs? I've made the trip from Denver to Utah a few times to get cabs. It was a lot less hassle than shipping. Plus, Ken will let you rummage through all of the cabs and find the best ones.

Lemony Vengeance

Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Is Ken still selling cabs? I've made the trip from Denver to Utah a few times to get cabs. It was a lot less hassle than shipping. Plus, Ken will let you rummage through all of the cabs and find the best ones.

yep. I recently got my Vewlix from him, and I live less than 50 miles away from him :). Hopefully things work out with MJMJR's cabs though.

Last edited: