Windy Gaming is getting into the candy game. you want a cabs? you got 'em.

Vyxx

Banned
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Heyo, just thought I'd drop a line and offer up my preorder to someone who might be interested.

Just got confirmation we are expecting our third child, and with that comes the reality that the little time (and room) I have for gaming is now going to be even smaller. I've already got an Astro, and would actually like to keep the Blast City I preordered more, but I won't have the time to play it I'm sure.

If I can't get someone to take my preorder I will still make the trip down to get it, but I thought I'd offer it up first as there is still some time before these arrive and are ready to be picked up. If I do make the trip the Blast might be stuck in the back closet neglected for a year+.

So with that said, Deposits are transferable only. I put down $500 for a preorder. Anyone wants my unit can take my deposit for $400, save yourself $100.

If no one ends up interested I will have to find a way to keep this in the end, maybe I can sell the Astro before the Blast arrives in Chicago.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Heyo, just thought I'd drop a line and offer up my preorder to someone who might be interested.

Just got confirmation we are expecting our third child, and with that comes the reality that the little time (and room) I have for gaming is now going to be even smaller. I've already got an Astro, and would actually like to keep the Blast City I preordered more, but I won't have the time to play it I'm sure.

If I can't get someone to take my preorder I will still make the trip down to get it, but I thought I'd offer it up first as there is still some time before these arrive and are ready to be picked up. If I do make the trip the Blast might be stuck in the back closet neglected for a year+.

So with that said, Deposits are transferable only. I put down $500 for a preorder. Anyone wants my unit can take my deposit for $400, save yourself $100.

If no one ends up interested I will have to find a way to keep this in the end, maybe I can sell the Astro before the Blast arrives in Chicago.

thats fine by me.

congrats on the kid, boo on the cab. I am happy and sad for you!

FreedomGundam

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oh man... I'd LOVE to take that spot... but I don't think I'll be able to manage to make the trip to Detroit (I think that's what you said before, cdamm?) to pick it up myself.
I could theoretically take a cheaper route and grab a cheap bus ticket all the way to London Ontario (considering how slow those buses go, will probably take like 9 hours), rent a truck there, drive the 2-ish hours to Detroit, grab the Blast cab, then drive the almost 9-10 hours back home to Montreal. That's like a whole day of just being on the road... :(

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Oh man... I'd LOVE to take that spot... but I don't think I'll be able to manage to make the trip to Detroit (I think that's what you said before, cdamm?) to pick it up myself.
I could theoretically take a cheaper route and grab a cheap bus ticket all the way to London Ontario (considering how slow those buses go, will probably take like 9 hours), rent a truck there, drive the 2-ish hours to Detroit, grab the Blast cab, then drive the almost 9-10 hours back home to Montreal. That's like a whole day of just being on the road... :(

im out of chicago. Detroit is as far as i can go to deliver, but there is an extra charge for a 600 mile round trip drive.

i would be in for the same sort of trip.

fun fact: i made that trip (to near detroit) so i could buy my first candy cab. why? because it was worth it.

FreedomGundam

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Lemme give that CRST.com shipping company that was recommended earlier in the thread to see what kind of quote they can give me. Going by my scenario above, it'd cost me ~$150 in gas + whatever your surcharge for delivering it to Detroit + ~20-ish hours of my time and your time on the road. Seems like it'd be just a better idea to get it freighted over.

What's the ETA again for cabinet pickup by a shipping company?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Lemme give that CRST.com shipping company that was recommended earlier in the thread to see what kind of quote they can give me. Going by my scenario above, it'd cost me ~$150 in gas + whatever your surcharge for delivering it to Detroit + ~20-ish hours of my time and your time on the road. Seems like it'd be just a better idea to get it freighted over.

What's the ETA again for cabinet pickup by a shipping company?

cabs should arrive the week of the march 24th. give me a week to get everything tested and prepped for sale. i wont be around the weekend of april 11th because of mgc. any other time is fine.

pkgingo

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'll take your spot. can pay immediately. that OK with you and Anaranjado Comandante?

pkgingo

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
apparently I don't have permission to edit my posts yet but I forgot to mention I am local to Chicago (your phone number looks to be western burbs BTW, whereabouts is this located?) and have a few members on here that can probably vouch for me if you are wary of selling to a newbie on here (I don't visit much since this is blocked via web sense but I visit another arcade forum with a cross user base).

FrancoB

n00b
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I can vouch for pkgingo, he's a stand up guy. I've not done business with him but he has helped me out no end. Hook this brother up if you can :)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
in other news related to this thread, today is the last day for the preorder pricing.

get it cheaper while you can!

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The trick is to buy cabs BEFORE having kids. They actually act as a great form of birth control.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
The trick is to buy cabs BEFORE having kids. They actually act as a great form of birth control.

Word lol.

For guys trying to organise transport. I dont know how your removalists work there but here removalists dont mind taking on smaller jobs just to fill there interstate trucks. They always have spare cubic meters they need to fill. Called "backloading" Good thing too is they are more careful than regulat transport companies with your cab cause they generally only deal with furniture.

Nitsunto

n00b
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll take a blast my first cab also, howdy on the internets, Anaranjado Comandante.

Last edited:

FreedomGundam

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
HAHAHHAH!!! I got my 3rd cab literally a WEEK after my third daughter was born.
And I thought I was crazy to start collecting Hot Toys 1/6 scale movie masterpiece Iron Man figures (~$200-300 each, and my initial splurge on them was 4 of them) 2 weeks before my wedding day. :D

Back on topic: @cdamm, I'm glad to see that the sales of cabs are going very well; I'm hoping you keep stock of these things down the line and all, especially when I can manage to accommodate for one my budget/house/life/etc. :)

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sorry if this was covered already, but what is the key/lock situation going to be? I'd like to test the cab in front of the shipping company, but it'll take a while to drill any keyless locks out.