White lines go through sprites only on MVS games.

Johnpv

n00b
I'm having a weird issue with most of my MVS games.

25146287259_f14479e35d_h.jpg

To give some background. I haven't really played my AES in a few years. I recently got a Framemeister and some cables and jumped back into playing some Neo games. Unfortunately most of my MVS games look like that. I'm playing them on an AES through a Phantom I converter. My AES games don't have this issue, the boot screen doesn't nor does the bios menu. All but 1 of my MVS carts though do.

I've blasted the connectors on the Phantom I and AES with compressed Air, and I've cleaned the shit out of them. I've taken apart all my MVS games and cleaned the living hell out of their connectors as well.

All the connectors are tight as hell too, it takes good force to get games out of them. I'm kind of at a loss here. Last time I played the system which was a few years ago this wasn't an issue. I've got some deoxit on order and going to try hitting the carts and connectors with that and see where it gets me.

Any thoughts?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Sounds like its an issue with the converter.

Johnpv

n00b
Any thoughts on what kind of an issue it could be? I've played these games in the past with it, just not sure what could have gone wrong with it. Or what to even look at/test on it.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Could be simply a bad connection or a missing line (bad trace, faulty IC) on one of the C ROM decryption chips.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's a common issue if it's a bare phantom-1 converter. once I put mine in a shell it was good to go. Also you need to clean the slots better on the P1 as well has the connector edge that plugs into the AES. The deoxit will help with the connection. Let us know what happens.