Where to get a refresh CP kit?

MVS-NYC

n00b
I'm still new here. I once asked where I could get new buttons and joysticks for my MVS and someone responded "on this site". Well, in the NeoGeo Store I didn't see anything listed. Where exactly would I find a kit like this, and how much do they typically cost?
DSC_0645.jpg

malkie13

Zero's Secretary
All the parts can be had from Bob Roberts http://www.therealbobroberts.net/ who is fantastic to deal with (and cheaper than any other place I've seen for such things).

The control panel you see there is likely cannibalized off of another upright, I don't know that I've seen them /new/ anyplace else.

I've seen control panel overlays at http://www.arcadeoverlays.com , but can't vouch for their quality or speed, I'm actually waiting for them to get back to an email I sent a day or two ago.

MVS-NYC

n00b
Wow, thanks! Bob has a huge selection! There sure seem to be A LOT of parts on his site. Should I be looking for any specific buttons or joysticks for an MVS? :scratch: I can't imagine just any joystick or button working. :help:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Pretty much any of the Happ joysticks or buttons will work. I'm partial to Happ Supers and Convex buttons, but to each his own.

malkie13

Zero's Secretary
Wow, thanks! Bob has a huge selection! There sure seem to be A LOT of parts on his site. Should I be looking for any specific buttons or joysticks for an MVS? :scratch: I can't imagine just any joystick or button working. :help:

I'm personally fond of the Happ Competition joys, and the Happ Microswitch Pushbuttons, but as loegan43 said, each person will prefer something a little different.

I just got my first pack from Bob today, in fact. SUPER fast shipping, really easy to deal with (even if the whole send payment in the mail thing is a little odd these days). For as fast as he is, and cheap compared to most other places, not to mention the guy knows what the heck he's talking about, it's worth the little extra effort.

MVS-NYC

n00b
Thanks gents, I will be dealing with bob for my cabinates refresh needs. I will also start with Happ and see how I likes.

malkie13

Zero's Secretary
Thanks gents, I will be dealing with bob for my cabinates refresh needs. I will also start with Happ and see how I likes.

Cause of how Bob works, I HIGHLY suggest checking your list of needed goodies eleventy times. I'm a dummy, and didn't and even though I JUST got parts today, I'm going to be placing another order cause I forgot some rather important things that I either can't find locally, or can only find for WAY the heck more than Bob charges. It'll keep you from paying for a whole lotta shipping if you double double double check.